Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Buch´s Raidho´s of Denmark

Greetings all and thanks for a very nice and friendly forum indeed.
    So happy to have joined here.

I would like to show my system of Raidho speakers and etc.
    First a 2 month old picture from my former living room.

Over the last 2 months we had the living room completely renovated and the system was moved , so it now plays in the long way in the room instead of here, playing on the short way. About 4,5 meters from wall to wall on the short side and 9 meters the other way.

More photos of the new living room and system will follow soon..Merry Christmas everyone
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Buch

"If there's no music up in heaven, then what's it for?" (Arcade Fire)

Re: Buch´s Raidho´s of Denmark

A little teaser... something is not quite right here..

I am awaiting the postman
    Buch

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Buch73 View Post
    A little teaser... something is not quite right here..

I am awaiting the postman
    A Mainz8 perhaps?

What Ansuz cabling are you using?

Beautiful looking system.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

MainzD8 and perhaps a D-TC power cord to the wall
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

Behavior Moderator (be nice police!)

Congrats on a beautiful room and system!
    Mark

Kharma DB9 Signature
    Pass Labs XP32......incoming
    Pass Labs X350.8
    Esoteric N-05XD
    VPI Avenger with Magnetic Drive
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    Ortofon Cadenza Black cartridge
    Kharma Elegance speaker cables
    Kharma Elegance interconnects
    REL Subs

Well Buch, I am guessing you have a Mainz D8 being delivered by the postman and possibly a Mainz D power cable to sit between the wall socket and the new distributor?

If you haven't already got some i'd also throw some Ansuz Sparkz TC's into the mix.

I am sure you will be most pleased with the results. Happy Christmas!

Ralph
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

Thanks and you nailed it all.. It was a Mainz D8 arriving the other day, together with a set of Darkz-D for it underneath.
    A little Christmas presents from me to myself

Buch

What power cord are you going to use from the wall to the MainzD8? What are the rest of your cables? They look like Ceramics to me.
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

Yes, I was hooked for going for the D-series (and DTC of course also ) , but with a recent new car and the living room renovation, I had to stay with the Ceramics cable going from the wall socket to the distributor.

I had a 3,5 meters Ceramics before to the Nordost QB4 , but afterwards I only needed a 1,5 m version after the room change.

Buch

The system as it looks today:

And my wife has been Christmas decorating quite a bit
    Buch

Nice set up. I've been to several D-TC demos. One thing that stood out is (as Lars said) build the best foundation you can. The foundation would be the from the wall to the Mainz. From there upgrading power cables will help but not at the level as the foundation. Those D-TC interconnects are quite amazing. They add a world of 'blackness' to the background resulting in more micro detail that you never knew was there.

Have you had a chance to hear the new Cx.2's? I wish I could compare them to the standard D series. My guess is they it would be very close.
    George

I am very glad to have made a dedicated powerline to the HIFI. With an audiophile fusebox(Klangmodul) from AHP and then an audiophile wall socket from also German HMS. Together with a seperate earth from the garden.

This sure gave it all a decent upgrade and for few bucks.

I have not heard that many hours on the Mainz distributor yet, but at first listen I could also hear it has given quite a lot.

I then have all the other PC´in Alu series and 1 sparkzTC.

IC and speaker cables are Ansuz Ceramics and have some sets of the Darkz D and A.

I have been playing/streaming only for the last 3 years now.

Having all my music on an external USB HDD and played from the Auraliti PK-90 USB to my Meitner DAC.
    Then to my "integrated" Symphonic Line amp "Kraftquelle 2 MK 2" , which has external box for the 2 large and heavy transformers for the pre and power.
    Speakers are the X-series made before the C was introduced. Raidho X-3 with Ceramic woofers.
    Many things has happened since I got mine in 2008 and the new X-3 which they have released not long ago do not have many things in common with mine.
    But the Raidho sound is there for sure and with an upgraded ribbon tweeter, the old X-3 Ceramics can really make a fantastic presentation of the music
    Buch

Quote Originally Posted by octadyndude View Post
    Nice set up. I've been to several D-TC demos. One thing that stood out is (as Lars said) build the best foundation you can. The foundation would be the from the wall to the Mainz. From there upgrading power cables will help but not at the level as the foundation. Those D-TC interconnects are quite amazing. They add a world of 'blackness' to the background resulting in more micro detail that you never knew was there.

Have you had a chance to hear the new Cx.2's? I wish I could compare them to the standard D series. My guess is they it would be very close.
    Yes, I totally agree. I heard the D-TC cables a couple of times. First time at the listening room of Raidho and later at a Danish dealer. They are amazing. When you hear the upgrades from each series and end with the D series, you do not think there can be more lift to the music. But then the D-TC just gives a very nice upgrade indeed.
    I also got a very good lift when upgrading from the first ALU PC to the distributor to the Ceramics.
    I will go for a Diamond PC next and them move the Ceramics to replace on of the Aluminiums from the Mainz.
    D-TC might wait a bit for me

I have not heard the Cx.2 upgrades yet. Yes, they might close the gap to D-series a bit, but still all the times I have heard A/B of C and D series, there are some really nice magic and blackness to the music.. So I am sure the Diamonds will still have the lead. Very nice speakers, the D2.1´s
    Buch

Audioshark

Congrats! The Mainz8 Diamond has been in my system since it first came out and I won't sell it. I also use Sparkz and Darkz.

What Raidho speakers do you have?

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Now that I look back I can see they are not the C series like I thought. I didn't know about those. The new X and XT series are a lot different looking too!
    George

They added all the Dx.1 upgrades to make the Cx.2. The difference between the original D and .1's is pretty significant in SQ.

Thanks I love the D2.1's.
    George

Yes, the speakers have some years on the back by now.
    I started out by having the X-Centric stand speakers about 2004-5 I think and then later got the X-3 version of that time.

Both used the Danish AudioTechnology woofers.

Then a couple of years later they started with making their own woofers with the ceramics surface and upgraded the versions and also introduced the C-series with the new designs and crossover/internal changes etc.
    Many things has changed over the years, but still many familairies can still be seen and heard.
    NO Valhalla internal cabling at that time for instance and the Cold Rays de-coupling used.
    Buch

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by octadyndude View Post
    They added all the Dx.1 upgrades to make the Cx.2. The difference between the original D and .1's is pretty significant in SQ.

Thanks I love the D2.1's.
    I still want the C1.1's, but if the C1.2's are better....

I went to visit a client a few months ago in St. Petersburg, FL. He has Raidho C1.1's. I was bringing him an Accuphase A-70 amp to try. I hadn't planned to stay too long. 3 hours later, we were still listening. In his modest apartment, they were heavenly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice! I definitely remember these speakers. That's back from when they went under the name Eben instead of Raidho.
    Everest Audio
    www.everestaudio.com
    Facebook

bel canto, Hegel, Vimberg, Opera, MoFi, Acoustic Energy, JL Audio, Innuos, Vertere, Meze Audio, Origin Live, GutWire, Wireworld, Furutech, IsoAcoustics and more

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I still want the C1.1's, but if the C1.2's are better....

I went to visit a client a few months ago in St. Petersburg, FL. He has Raidho C1.1's. I was bringing him an Accuphase A-70 amp to try. I hadn't planned to stay too long. 3 hours later, we were still listening. In his modest apartment, they were heavenly.

Michael from Blue Jay Audio may be ordering a pair of C1.2's
    George

Audioshark

Has anyone heard the C1.2's yet?

Audioshark

Has anyone heard the C1.2's yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Everest Audio View Post
    Very nice! I definitely remember these speakers. That's back from when they went under the name Eben instead of Raidho.
    Correct, they were the Eben X-series by Raidho. I found this article about a visit to a Danish dealer in 2009 - http://www.hifi4all.dk/content/templ...=2120&zoneid=4
    Unfortunately only in Danish. The guy is Rune Skov, later he took over Lars´s job at Nordost, now working for Gryphon Audio.
    Buch

Hej Buch!

Super lækkert system du har kørende der !
    Scansonic MB-1, Aavik U-300, Sony CD Player as transport, mixture of ansuz cables in different qualities, Ansuz Mainz X Power Distribution, Ansuz Power Distribution for DTC cables

Hej EmilLiuZ

Mange tak
    Og i lige måde, ser ud til at du virkelig har maxet dine MB-1 op til top performance med U-300 og Ansuz
    Men MB-x serien kan virkelig også performe.
    Buch

Hej igen!

Ja man skal ikke undervurdere mb serien Men det er nu nok det svageste led jeg har, sammen med min CD Afspiller!

Nu hvor man lever i en 55 kvm lejligheder, med en stue på lidt under 20 kvm, så er det begrænset hvad jeg lige har plads til !
    Scansonic MB-1, Aavik U-300, Sony CD Player as transport, mixture of ansuz cables in different qualities, Ansuz Mainz X Power Distribution, Ansuz Power Distribution for DTC cables

Can we keep the posts in English please; how can we know what you're saying about the rest of us or our systems?

Quote Originally Posted by audio.bill View Post
    Can we keep the posts in English please; how can we know what you're saying about the rest of us or our systems?
    Hi Bill ! Fear not ! I was complementing Buch for his system. He then replied back to me, that he thinks i've maxed out my Scansonic mb-1s with my system

Personally i don't got that much room in my apartment, so I'll have to get the best out of my MB-1s.

Thanks for your reply, it's all good! I was really just joking but it's nice to be able to understand what's being said. Enjoy the tunes, you have a very nice system!

Sure, will keep it in English

@EmiLiuZ - Yes there are always some things to upgrade and new parts on the wish list

I look forward to the day , that I can change many of my components out and place the U-300 instead
    Hefty price tag, but if you really see what you can cut out for its place, then you can also "save" a good amount of money on gear and IC, Power cords and feeters for the gear and only have the U-300.
    Buch

Sure, will keep it in English

@EmiLiuZ - Yes there are always some things to upgrade and new parts on the wish list

I look forward to the day , that I can change many of my components out and place the U-300 instead
    Hefty price tag, but if you really see what you can cut out for its place, then you can also "save" a good amount of money on gear and IC, Power cords and feeters for the gear and only have the U-300.
    Hi Buch. The U-300 is surely a fantastic amplifier, I'm sure that you'll not be disappointed, when/if the time comes . That's maybe on top of your wishlist at the moment?

Yes, the U-300 is on the wish list for sure.. but the budget do not allow it for this year to happen.
    Also my dream is some day to have the D-3 speaker, but good to have dreams

I had the Mainz8 on my list for a little while, so happy I got that now. This really completes the system in some way.
    Like they say..it makes the foundation right.
    It gave more black background, more transparency, more details/layers of the music and insight into the music.
    I am really enjoying this.

So next on list is upgrades to the Ansuz cabling..only cable left, that is not Ansuz , is my USB cable.
    So have to give the Ansuz a try, though that I am very pleased with the one I have at moment.
    Then of course, can keep upgrading all the others as well
    Buch

Yes, the U-300 is on the wish list for sure.. but the budget do not allow it for this year to happen.
    Also my dream is some day to have the D-3 speaker, but good to have dreams

I had the Mainz8 on my list for a little while, so happy I got that now. This really completes the system in some way.
    Like they say..it makes the foundation right.
    It gave more black background, more transparency, more details/layers of the music and insight into the music.
    I am really enjoying this.

So next on list is upgrades to the Ansuz cabling..only cable left, that is not Ansuz , is my USB cable.
    So have to give the Ansuz a try, though that I am very pleased with the one I have at moment.
    Then of course, can keep upgrading all the others as well
    I haven't tested the Ansuz USB against other competing firms USB cable. But i can tell you as much as it got the same sound signature as any other Ansuz cable does.

Where do you live in Denmark?

Yes, I need to have it checked out some day and see what it does to the total sound.
    So far , each other Ansuz cabling has brought some nice smiles on my face and really enjoy the sound of them. Very musical and live feeling , but at the same time also so detailed and transparent and with such a black background at the same time.

I live close to Horsens.
    Buch

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team