Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Audioshark

Shunyata Triton v3

The HYDRA TRITON v3 represents a major performance advancement from the TRITON v2. It includes several technological advancements including the patent-pending QR/BB technology introduced in our DENALI Series. There are also new CCI v3 Filters that improve component-to-component noise isolation performance.

The TRITON v3 also receives four days of processing on Shunyata Research's KPIP Processor. The Kinetic Phase Inversion Process eliminates wire directionality, cryogenic effects and the need for time consuming burn-in.

TRITON v3 FEATURES

Patent Pending QR/BB technology: improves dynamic contrast
    CCI v3 Filters: improved component to component noise reduction
    KPIP Processing: Eliminates burn-in

HYDRA TRITON v3 Retail: $9000 USD.

HYDRA TRITON UPGRADE PROGRAM
    Shunyata Research is committed to keeping our reference products up to date. We are offering an upgrade program for existing owners of the TRITON v1 and TRITON v2.

TRITON v2 to v3 upgrade: US$1950
    TRITON v1 to v3 upgrade: US$3500

SCHEDULE AN UPGRADE
    The customer must request an RMA from Customer Service. They will receive a scheduled date to ship their TRITON to Shunyata Research. The turn-around time for upgrades is approximately one week.

The TRITON must be properly repacked in its original shipping boxes including all foam inserts. Replacement shipping materials can be purchased from Shunyata Research for a nominal fee.

The customer is responsible for ALL shipping and insurance costs.

No in-field upgrades are possible. The upgrade program only applies to the US and Canada.

Customers interested in the upgrade need to call Shunyata Customer Service at 360-598-9935 or send an email to cservice@shunyata.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Re: Shunyata Triton v3

The upgrade program is nice. V2 owners now don't need to worry if they should go with Denali.

That's GREAT! I love manufacturers that have an update program.
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

Most likely shunyata didn't expect their Denali to equal or surpass the triton v2 for a vast number of people. This is probably just re affirm yes this our flagship.

i have a triton v1 and now have a Denali 6000t on loan from dealer. I think I'm leaning towards the Denali over this v3 upgrade.

howver it is really nice for the company to offer this to triton owners. Shunyata makes world class stuff especially power wise.

Ay caramba. I have two Triton v2, and most definitely will upgrade. Hopefully, the upgrade is as positive as the v1 to v2 upgrade. I wonder if they will also upgrade the Cyclops to v3? I guess this will be a New Year project.
    Bud

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

Anybody had the upgrade to V3 done? particularly those that had a V2. Kind of curious to see what improvement it brings to the sound. Also curious to see how it compares to Denali.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
    Dan

The older I get the more I know how little I know!

Here is the million dollar question. Which sounds better, the Triton V3 or the Denali 6000? Has anyone done a direct comparison yet?

Best,
    Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

Hi Ken,

I can give you my impressions, which match closely with some of the feedback I've had from the few Denali v Tv3 comparisons I'm aware of. Soon, there will be others who have compared because we have done roughly 30 upgrades of v2's thus far and sold a fair number of the v3's.

Keep in mind, this is a $4000 or $5000 product versus a $9000 retail product.

Upon first listen, the first difference I noted when running both VAC mono's and Puccini through each unit, (Denali 6000S and Tv3), was the weight and physical presence of instruments and voice were more boldly and solidly presented by the Triton v3. Instruments, especially the size, dimension and tonal color, came across as more vivid and corporeal (full bodied). Speed and dimensionality (weight in space) were emphasized. The attack, or first-order harmonic of bass, strings, drum and piano—no question the v3 is more immediate than the Denali 6000S (you can “feel” the sound more viscerally with the v3). The Denali with sources is a bit quieter but by comparison, lose a small amount of immediacy, contrast and presence-in-the-room to get that. Decay, or the third-order _fall_ of notes is similar, but perhaps the Denali is in a small way, more objectively quiet.

The Hydra Triton v3 borrows from the Denali technology for amps. The QR/BB modules Caelin designed for the Denali are an over-sized version within the Triton v3 NIC's versus the Denali, because there is more space to work with. The CCI filters on each outlet in Denali have been updated in the Triton v3 now, as well. The Denali 6000 models do have the new massive filters Caelin designed for medical and scientific applications, which are not in the Triton v3. If you have a Tv2, the difference is evident within a few notes and is not at all subtle. In deference to the Denali models, there are differences in presentation that may favor some systems or listeners, so a comparison is warranted. For v2 owners, it's quite a dramatic improvement.

If you try a Tv3 for eval or upgrade, we would love to hear from you. It's early, but these units are now finding their way into the market. There is no better feedback than from end users with a wide-variety of systems, which is why I mention my context. Caelin had similar results with different gear but again, the ultimate test is time on the market and in a familiar system.

I hope this is of some help in terms of differences and contrast.

Best regards,

Grant
    Shunyata Research

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Shunyata Triton v3