Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Audioshark

Shunyata Denali Owners Thread

I am absolutely loving what the 6000T (and two 2000T's) have done in my system. I'm finding the instruments have a more three dimensional shape and any hint of grunge in the upper register is gone. You really appreciate what the Denali's do on less than stellar recordings.

What have you guys found?
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Re: Shunyata Denali Owners Thread

Same thing for me. I switched from a Triton V2/Typhon(3) combo to the 6000T/2000T(2) like you have.

The form factor is great also - I love the tower configuration.
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

I'm loving mine too. The 2 things that jump out to me are better bass - in a not so subtle way - and more space / separation between the instruments (more 3D). All this with a lower noise floor. Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by the professor View Post
    Same thing for me. I switched from a Triton V2/Typhon(3) combo to the 6000T/2000T(2) like you have.
    Just guesstimating, how much of an improvement are you hearing with the Denali over the Triton v2/Typhon pair? When I went from the Triton v1 to Triton v2 it was an obvious difference. Not subtle at all, but a drastic reduction in noise that I did not know was there until it was gone. I only use this on my source. However, I experienced the same thing on my amps when I went from a Cyclop v1 to a Cyclop v2.
    Bud

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

I went from a Cyclops v1 for my Vitus integrated and LUMIN (not ideal I know) to a Denali and it was an amazing difference. The separation, soundstage placement (pinpoint), and dead silent backgrounds were the most noticeable. I didn't notice a huge change in size of sound staging but the location of instruments and singers is just great! All the same cables and components as previous. 20A Alpha HC, Vitus's amp PC, and Alpha Digital.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Speakers - Magico S5mk2 Integrated - Vitus SIA-025 Analog - Vpi Prime Signature/Ortofon Cadenza Bronze Digital - Lumin A1
    Power - Shunyata Denali 6000S/Alpha HC/Alpha Digital Cables - Kimber KS-6063/Nordost Frey IC

I have a 6000T that I rented from the Cable Co. I have a funny story to tell about it.

When I first got it and inserted it, I plugged my preamp and DAC into the non HC outlets. I did NOT like the sound at all. The bass got worse, like the units weren't getting enough juice. So I dismissed the Denali as something that would benefit me and left it sitting there while I plugged my preamp and DAC back directly into the wall quadplex.

I then went on to enjoy my system for a week. I marveled at how good everything sounded.

Then somebody else wrote that they had a similar experience to mine and moved their preamp to the HC outlet. So I tried that and it sounded good - there was a slight improvement. I then went back and forth a few times and confirmed (also using my wife's ears) the differences.

Well yesterday it was time to send the Denali back. I unplugged it from the quadplex and decided to listen to music while I packed it up. All of a sudden my system sounded slow and ill defined. I then did some research and learned that just having the Denali plugged into my quadplex was increasing the bass performance of my system considerably.

Holy crap, this device is impressive...
    Speakers: Magico M-Project w/MPods
    Amps: CAT Legend -> CAT JL7s
    Analog: Kronos Pro Limited Edition / Black Beauty tonearm / Zyx Universe Premium, Ortofon A95
    Digital: Roon->Vivaldi DAC/Upsampler
    Cables/Power: Kubala Sosna Elation ICs & SCs / Shunyata Denali 6000T & PC's / Furutech outlets

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I am absolutely loving what the 6000T (and two 2000T's) have done in my system. I'm finding the instruments have a more three dimensional shape and any hint of grunge in the upper register is gone. You really appreciate what the Denali's do on less than stellar recordings.

What have you guys found?
    Mike, how does it compare to the Ansuz Mainz D8 that you used to (or still?) have?

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by nicoludio View Post
    Mike, how does it compare to the Ansuz Mainz D8 that you used to (or still?) have?
    I still do have the Mainz8 Diamond, Sparkz T's and Darkz Diamonds. The Mainz8 with the Sparkz T's are excellent and I've used them since the day I bought it. I also like the Darkz Diamonds and use them under my Lampi! I've never done a shootout between the two power distributors/conditioners, sorry. But they are definitely similar in that they are both passive designs (vs Active with the AQ 5000/7000).

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

I'd say it was at least as much difference than going from V1 to V2.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    Just guesstimating, how much of an improvement are you hearing with the Denali over the Triton v2/Typhon pair? When I went from the Triton v1 to Triton v2 it was an obvious difference. Not subtle at all, but a drastic reduction in noise that I did not know was there until it was gone. I only use this on my source. However, I experienced the same thing on my amps when I went from a Cyclop v1 to a Cyclop v2.
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

I got a Denali 6000S about a month ago. It replaced a Weizhi Precision power distributor (PRS-6), which is also passive. To my ears with the Denali, music sounds more relaxed and detailed. The the noise floor seems lower too, and I like the way the bass sounds. Similar to MadFloyd's experience, when I first plugged-in the Denali, I did not like the sound and thought something was wrong with unit; however, after a couple of days, everything came into place.

Duke

I am ordering a Denali 2000 for my new TV, and it will replace a Hydra AV. The TV is on a shared circuit so I want to insure its power is as clean as can be. Once the warranty is up I will open it up, and replace the stock power cable with an IEC connector so that I can use a Shunyata power cord on it. I did that to my previous TV, and the power cord made the colors more vivid, and bought more detail to the picture.

I bought the 75".

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_15875XZ....html?tp=60890
    Bud

Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.

Quote Originally Posted by the professor View Post
    I'd say it was at least as much difference than going from V1 to V2.
    Did you use your Typhon with the 6000?
    Bud

Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.

Not sure if this has been posted before - simple but significant demonstration of the impact of the Denali:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6f1kwyZbM8

I bought the D2000 to try the arrest the high gain issues my goldmund monos have in its pairing with the ARC pre amp...

My current uncomfortable solution was to not ground the power cables of the power amp which made me a little fearful..

Sadly, it's didn't solve the issues which I suspected all along...

The positive part is that the difference is fairly substantial with the monoblocks into the D2000.... Tighter Low end and better instrument separation. And the difference is almost immediate... the improvements are fairly substantial to make me accept the matching flaws...it's that good...

I'm contemplating adding a conditioner, how is Denali different than Hydra Triton V2? I run SET amps with tube pre and Lumin digital. Thanks, Art
    Tannoy Westminster GR and ST-200 Supertweeter, Finale Audio 300B Mono's, Thoress Full Function Preamp, Thoress 845 Mono's, Found Music 2A3 Mono's, , Line Magnetic 219IA, Lumin A1, Lumin U1, EMM Labs DAC-2X, Lampizator Golden Atlantic DAC, Sansui TU-717, Kenwood KT-7500, Belden 8402 IC's, Duelund 16GA speaker wire

My Denali 2000 showed up today. That was fast, since I just ordered it on Friday. I bought it for the TV, and have two 4K UHD BRs on order, Oblivion and Lucy. Can't wait for them to arrive and to test out the new TV and Oppo 203 on Friday.
    Bud

Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.

Friday ​huh?!

Rance

Synology DS411+II | GigaFOILv4 + Keces P3 Power Supply | Shunyata Alpha Ethernet | Lumin S1 | VAC Master Line Stage | VAC Signature 200 iQ amps | Kharma Elegance dB11-S | SVS PC-4000 subs x 2 | Shunyata 6000/T v2 | Kharma Elegance signal cables| Luminous Audio Technology power cables | Isoacoustics OREA vibration isolators | Solid Tech racks | Vicoustic room treatments | Acoustic Sciences Corporation IsoWall + IsoCeiling construction

Last night I decided to finish watching a Netflix rental DVD, but with the Denali installed on the TV versus the Hydra AV. I put the Denali behind the left front speaker, and the TV power cord just reached it. So, I start to watch the movie, and I see this blue circle on the left wall. WTF? Turns out the Denali has a blue led on the front, and it was projecting onto the wall. Unacceptable, I said. So I cut a piece of black electrical tape and placed it over the led. Black electrical tape has solved a number of annoying led problems for me.
    Bud

Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.

Last night I decided to finish watching a Netflix rental DVD, but with the Denali installed on the TV versus the Hydra AV. I put the Denali behind the left front speaker, and the TV power cord just reached it. So, I start to watch the movie, and I see this blue circle on the left wall. WTF? Turns out the Denali has a blue led on the front, and it was projecting onto the wall. Unacceptable, I said. So I cut a piece of black electrical tape and placed it over the led. Black electrical tape has solved a number of annoying led problems for me.
    LOL, I've been doing that for years - those damn lights can be annoying. I actually have these semi-transparent stickers that you can put over LEDs if you want to dim them (versus totally make them disappear). Had to do that on my Pass Labs amps and preamp power supplies...
    Speakers: Magico M-Project w/MPods
    Amps: CAT Legend -> CAT JL7s
    Analog: Kronos Pro Limited Edition / Black Beauty tonearm / Zyx Universe Premium, Ortofon A95
    Digital: Roon->Vivaldi DAC/Upsampler
    Cables/Power: Kubala Sosna Elation ICs & SCs / Shunyata Denali 6000T & PC's / Furutech outlets

Just noticed this question.

I do use 2 Typhons with my 6000T. The thing is - it only seems to work if you put it in the same 2 outlet grouping on the back of the Denali. The separation seems to hamper the Typhon's effectiveness if not immediately next to the plug to be helped.

So - I have my plugs as follows: In the high output plugs - The Ayre KXR20 and a Typhon. The next pair of plugs - The Lumin and a Typhon. In the next pair - The UHS Tape Deck.

I already had them so it was fun to experiment.

Did you use your Typhon with the 6000?
    Jock

---------

So if I went for the 6000S would my amps, pre and digital all go into it? Or keep amps straight to the wall until add one or two 2000's?
    Tannoy Westminster GR and ST-200 Supertweeter, Finale Audio 300B Mono's, Thoress Full Function Preamp, Thoress 845 Mono's, Found Music 2A3 Mono's, , Line Magnetic 219IA, Lumin A1, Lumin U1, EMM Labs DAC-2X, Lampizator Golden Atlantic DAC, Sansui TU-717, Kenwood KT-7500, Belden 8402 IC's, Duelund 16GA speaker wire

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by arthurs View Post
    So if I went for the 6000S would my amps, pre and digital all go into it? Or keep amps straight to the wall until add one or two 2000's?
    Yes. 6000S or 6000T brilliantly handles preamp, 3 sources, 2 amps.

Yes. 6000S or 6000T brilliantly handles preamp, 3 sources, 2 amps.
    Hi Mike,

What configuration would you recommend for two mono amps, two subwoofer amps, preamp, DAC, CD Player and music server?

Thanks,
    Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinist View Post
    Hi Mike,

What configuration would you recommend for two mono amps, two subwoofer amps, preamp, DAC, CD Player and music server?

Thanks,
    Ken
    Two 2000T's and one 6000T. Same as what I will be using in the Magico room on the M3's.

REL G1 Mk2 and one Soulution 511 or Vitus amp into one 2000T
    REL G1 mk2 and the other Soulution 511 into the other 2000T
    Soulution or Vitus preamp, DAC, N10, Phono preamp into the 6000T

Unhappy Re: Shunyata Denali Owners Thread

Two 2000T's and one 6000T. Same as what I will be using in the Magico room on the M3's.REL G1 Mk2 and one Soulution 511 or Vitus amp into one 2000TREL G1 mk2 and the other Soulution 511 into the other 2000TSoulution or Vitus preamp, DAC, N10, Phono preamp into the 6000TSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Mike,

Do you think two 6000S conditioners would sound as good? They would give me four spare 15 amp outlets (>25 dB noise suppression from inlet) and I would need one less main power cord.

Best,
    Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

I am demoing a 2000T on my Grail amps..So far i am not sure there is any improvement. I have only had it for 2 ,1 hr listening sessions. Does it improve with time..?
    Listening Room: 25' L x 18' W x 23' H..system on the long wall
    Speakers: Tidal 'Contriva Diacera-SE
    Amps: Chalice Audio 'Grail' SET mono blocks with Psvane WE 845 / 300b tubes
    Source: Lumin X-1 Network Music Player
    HighFidelity MC-1 Pro Helix conditioner
    Cables:
    Audience-Studio One RCA interconnect
    SilverSmith 'Fidelium' speaker cables
    Silent Source 'Music Reference' Power Cords x 3
    Innuos 'PhoenixNet' Switch
    CAD-CG-1

Audioquest 'fog lifters' under the Fidelium cables
    Arya Audio-RevOpods under my Tidal Speakers
    REL 212 SE Subwoofer x 2
    Nordost V2 ethernet cable

EVP Isolation footers- subs-speakers- Lumin

Tweaks:
    Stillpoints Ultra SS under amps
    EVP HDR isolators 2" x 8...under my Lumin A1 and PSU
    EVP HDR isolators 4" x 16..under my Tidal speakers and my REL 212 SE subs

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinist View Post
    Thanks Mike,

Do you think two 6000S conditioners would sound as good? They would give me four spare 15 amp outlets (>25 dB noise suppression from inlet) and I would need one less main power cord.

Best,
    Ken
    Perhaps. I've never compared. But if I had your system, I would go two 2000T's and a 6000S (or "T").

Have decided to get the 6000S and use on full system..can't wait. The 2000T worked superbly on my Lumin A1..
    Cables:
    CAD-CG-1

REL 212 SE Subwoofer x 2

Tweaks:

Quote Originally Posted by calloway View Post
    I am demoing a 2000T on my Grail amps..So far i am not sure there is any improvement. I have only had it for 2 ,1 hr listening sessions. Does it improve with time..?
    Quote Originally Posted by calloway View Post
    Have decided to get the 6000S and use on full system..can't wait. The 2000T worked superbly on my Lumin A1..
    LOL. Quite an attitude change. What happened?
    Bud

Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.

Good question..i tend to have 'knee jerk' reactions to new gear but am smart enough to go back and give things a little more time to register in my mind one way or another.After the initial impression,and actually taking the '2000T' out of the system, i decided to give it another 3-4 days,after listening to my system without it.After reinstalling it, i began noticing, not too subtle improvements that i realized were,in fact, exactly that,improvements. That is when i emailed Richard,at Shunyata,and asked him if it was okay to try the 2000T on my Lumin and when i did i liked those improvements even more.Thus the purchase next week of a 6000S which will fit better,in my system, than a 6000T..Should be a win-win situation...i hope.
    Cables:
    CAD-CG-1

REL 212 SE Subwoofer x 2

Tweaks:

Congratulations. I have been a Shunyata fan ever since I added my first power cord (Venom) 3-4 years ago. What they do with power is amazing. I am going to get both of my Triton v2 upgraded to v3 that will add the Denali technology onto the Triton.
    Bud

Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.

Bud,

Interesting upgrade...Any idea on pricing to upgrade Triton v2 to v3 ???

Thanks,
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by hoosiertom View Post
    Bud,

Interesting upgrade...Any idea on pricing to upgrade Triton v2 to v3 ???

Thanks,
    Tom

http://www.shunyata.com/index.php/su...pgrade-program

Pulled the trigger on a 6000S to start the new year, can't wait!

Nice, I ordered myself a 6000T to replace my Triton V1. After much debating between upgrading my TritonV1 to a V3. I didn't need the extra outlets as I have downsized a few components.

Shunyata makes world class products. Looking forward to the new interconnects and speaker cables. Hopefully announced at CES.

Well, in the end ............... I succumbed to the temptation. Denali 6000T ordered from a dealer. I hope to have it in 20 days.
    Francisco

Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref. MKII / Taiko Extreme Server / Gryphon Essence Preamplifier and Stereo Amplifier / Rockport Atria I / REL S-812 (2) / Göbel XLR (2), Göbel Ethernet and USB Cables / MIT Magnum MA Speakers Cables / Shunyata Everest 8000 / Shunyata Omega XC (1), Sigma NR V2 (4) and Alfa NR V1 (2) / Taiko Switch / Paul Hynes SR7T Double Rail / Farad Super3 / Doepke DFS-2 40A / GigaWatt G-C16A 2P / Fuse module AHP 4Gi / Center Stage2 0.8, 1.0 and 1.5

Congrats! It's a great piece of equipment.
    Jock

---------

Love mine!!

Speakers - Magico S5mk2 Integrated - Vitus SIA-025 Analog - Vpi Prime Signature/Ortofon Cadenza Bronze Digital - Lumin A1
    Power - Shunyata Denali 6000S/Alpha HC/Alpha Digital Cables - Kimber KS-6063/Nordost Frey IC

Given the great reviews I've read on this and other forums, I purchased a Denali as well! Of course, I didn't realize I needed a 20amp PC to the wall. Curious, what are people using from the wall to the Denali - a Shunyata PC or just generic 20amp PC? From Denali to components, I intend to use good PCs, but from wall to Denali, anyone experiment with generic or entry level PCs with good results? Just curious.

thx

Allen

Quote Originally Posted by socfan12 View Post
    Given the great reviews I've read on this and other forums, I purchased a Denali as well! Of course, I didn't realize I needed a 20amp PC to the wall. Curious, what are people using from the wall to the Denali - a Shunyata PC or just generic 20amp PC? From Denali to components, I intend to use good PCs, but from wall to Denali, anyone experiment with generic or entry level PCs with good results? Just curious.

thx
    After some comparisons I decided to use a Alpha HC from the 6000T to the wall. I still prefer the Transparent MM2x Power Cords from my amps to the Denali. I haven't tired the Sigma's nor Opus units as I have (currently) drawn a line in the sand at how much I am willing to spend on PC's.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

Jim, how close to the waterline is that line in the sand...Shunyata Denali Owners Thread.

I am using an Alpha HC as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuoppis View Post
    Jim, how close to the waterline is that line in the sand...Shunyata Denali Owners Thread.

I am using an Alpha HC as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You've got that right. My line in the sand is often erased by the changing tides. I will be looking at the latest Shunyata offerings once one local dealer gets his hands of them. Of course the other dealer keeps dangling Opus at me.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

Alpha HC here too. One of the "other" forums that Caelin posts in I remember reading a post that it is less critical, because of all the NR and technical mumbo jumbo going on in the Denali, to use a super high end cord from the wall. This is different than what they usually say for Hydra's and other companies power conditioners. As long as it is sufficient gauge wiring was the gist. I can try and find the post.

Quote Originally Posted by bthomas9 View Post
    Alpha HC here too. One of the "other" forums that Caelin posts in I remember reading a post that it is less critical, because of all the NR and technical mumbo jumbo going on in the Denali, to use a super high end cord from the wall. This is different than what they usually say for Hydra's and other companies power conditioners. As long as it is sufficient gauge wiring was the gist. I can try and find the post.

Thanks Jim and bthomas9, that was my thought as well: all the stuff happens in the Denali, so it shouldn't be necessary to break the bank from wall to Denali...

Allen

Allen
    If you'd like a 20amp Venom HC power cord, i have a barely used one in it's box that I'm no longer using since I sold my Cyclops V2.
    PM me if you're interested. Prob do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by socfan12 View Post

thx
    I use Zitron Anacondas from the wall to my Triton v3, and Cyclops v2. Why not add a bit more filtering and better DTCD performance into the system? We all know how even a minor improvement can bring big audio gains.
    Bud

Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.

I, for the moment, will use my Isotek Extreme C19 since I've been a very hard year (Rockport Atria, Melco N1ZH 60, Denali 6000T), so I hope that my dealer is not so "evil" to make me an offer To sell their Sigma or Alfa cables, from the old series, now that they have come out the new NR ..........
    Francisco

Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref. MKII / Taiko Extreme Server / Gryphon Essence Preamplifier and Stereo Amplifier / Rockport Atria I / REL S-812 (2) / Göbel XLR (2), Göbel Ethernet and USB Cables / MIT Magnum MA Speakers Cables / Shunyata Everest 8000 / Shunyata Omega XC (1), Sigma NR V2 (4) and Alfa NR V1 (2) / Taiko Switch / Paul Hynes SR7T Double Rail / Farad Super3 / Doepke DFS-2 40A / GigaWatt G-C16A 2P / Fuse module AHP 4Gi / Center Stage2 0.8, 1.0 and 1.5

A few days ago I was in Lisbon for a weekend. One day I went to Ajasom, the importer of Shunyata and took my Isotek Extrem with connector C19, with which I plan to connect my future Denali 6000 T to the wall (still not arriving, since April 30). We compared my Isotek with Alpha HC (they did not have Sigma). To my misfortune ........ the Shunyata sounded much better.
    By the way the Speakers were the Giya G2, I had never heard them and they impressed me. So much that it is quite possible that if I had heard them 6 months ago today I would have Giya G3 instead of Rockport Atria (and I love my Rockport)
    Francisco

For all you Denali owners... I was going to put a 6000T into my system to replace an old Hydra v2, but decided to go with a Triton v3 instead. Holy Shit! What an improvement. But my REF75 is on a separated dedicated circuit, currently plugged straight to the wall with Ztron Sigma Alpha PC. With the improvements added via the Triton v3 to my upstream kit, I am contemplating adding something for the REF75, obviously a Denali 2000T would be an easy add. But... Grant @ Shunyata suggested perhaps putting a Typhon on the outlet serving the REF75 (If I could find one used it would be in the ballpark of a 2000T.)

What do you all think? I know many of you have used / are still using Typhons, and some of you have migrated to Denali. What do you suppose would offer the biggest improvement?

The Triton V3 is really amazing. Congrats.

I had a pair of Typhons using them in the unused outlets for my Dags and I found that I liked a pair of the Denali 2000t's better than the Typhons. I have 3 circuits - one for source and 1 each for the mono amps.

If you can, try to listen to both so you can see which works better for your system.
    Jock

---------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team