With all the vinyl reissues.......
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Post Thanks / Like

With all the vinyl reissues.......

Do you feel the need to try the latest remastered versions, even if you have copies of early pressings in excellent condition? My vinyl purchases are out of control, to the point where I even find myself buying multiple copies of certain lps.

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: With all the vinyl reissues.......

If they are remastered from the original tapes, I'm all in. Remastered from digital? No thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for:Aurender, Ansuz Cables, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bryston, Chord, ClearAudio Turntables & Accessories, Crystal Cable, ELAC, Entreq, Esoteric, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Gryphon Audio, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, KEF Loudspeakers, Kimber Kable, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, KR Audio Tube & Amps, Kronos, Lampizator, Lumin, Magico Loudspeakers, MicroMega, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Raidho Loudspeakers, Rega Turntables, REL Acoustics, Shunyata Research, Siltech, Small Green Computer Company, Solid Tech Racks, SRA, Stein Music, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, Tannoy Loudspeakers, Tellurium Q Cables, Transfiguration Cartridges, Trenner & Friedl, Triode Corporation of Japan, VAC, Vicoustics, Vitus Audio, Viva Audio, Vivid Audio Loudspeakers, VPI Industries, WyWyres Cables, ZYX Cartridges.

www.suncoastaudio.com
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

3. Likes CPP, asindc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BruceLet View Post
    Do you feel the need to try the latest remastered versions, even if you have copies of early pressings in excellent condition? My vinyl purchases are out of control, to the point where I even find myself buying multiple copies of certain lps.
    that sounds normal to me. feedback from experienced collectors is invaluable, I don't have 1 press copies of everything I own but in my experience they're mostly better than reissues. the usual provisos apply, YMMV, etc.
    Rob

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by puroagave View Post
    that sounds normal to me. feedback from experienced collectors is invaluable, I don't have 1 press copies of everything I own but in my experience they're mostly better than reissues. the usual provisos apply, YMMV, etc.
    Sometimes the reissues are great and that's why I have multiples...For example AP reissues of Shelby Lynn, 88 Basie Street, Time out. Great music and great sound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BruceLet View Post
    Sometimes the reissues are great and that's why I have multiples...For example AP reissues of Shelby Lynn, 88 Basie Street, Time out. Great music and great sound.
    if you're referring to the 45 rpm redos of those three record's then yes. the music matters redos of the blue note catalog are stunning as well. IMO, you run into lackluster reissues of many classic rock titles.
    Rob

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If they are remastered from the original tapes, I'm all in. Remastered from digital? No thanks.

Agreed.
    Anthony
    Analog: VPI CLASSIC 3/Ortofon Cadenza Black> Nordost Valhalla> ASR Basis Exclusive> Wireworld Gold XLR--->

Digital: AURENDER N10> WW Gold AES/EBU> CARY 306 SACD PRO>> WW Plat XLR--->

===> Cary SLP-05>> WW Gold XLR> Bryston 28B-SST2>> WW Silver> MARTIN LOGAN SPIRES

[Klaudio/Shunyata/Furutech/SRA/Adona/ Stillpoints/Track Audio/GIK Acoustics]

Post Thanks / Like

Yes but also if It's from a reputable reissue label/mastering engineer that I know will do a good job on the LP mastering, plating, pressing and packaging. So I pay attention to the engineer, the label and the pressing plant as well, not only the source material (tape vs. digital file).
    Cyril
    Speakers/Amp/Preamp: Thiel CS2.4 / ARC Ref 110 / ARC Ref 3
    Sources: Basis 2001/Graham2.2/Nagra BPS/Benz Micro Glider SL, Dynavector 20X2-L, ARC CD7, Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Cables/Power/Other: Nordost Heimdall ICs, SCs / Shunyata Hydra 8, Shunyata Python Helix PC / VPI 16.5, HRS Nimbus isolation system

Post Thanks / Like

I agree in principle - just listen to the garbage that is Jimmy Page and his digital Led Zep reissues and the sanitizing dumb down of the Bowie albums on the current reissues..

but - the new digital Pink Floyd reissues are excellent sounding.
    Source: TW Raven AC-3 - Thales Simplicity II, Graham Phantom, Exclusive P3 and P10,Technics SL-1000MK3D,Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas, Etna SL, Delos, Dynavector XV-1s,Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon ESC'd 103R, DL-S1, Audio Technica AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika
    Phono Stage: TW Acustik phono, Accuphase C-37, Esoteric E-03
    EQ: ​DEQX HDP-4
    Preamp: conrad johnson GAT,
    Amps: conrad johnson teflon premier 8a's, D'Agostino Momentum Stereo
    Speakers: Wilson Maxx3