Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Aurender N10 Caching Music Server review

No, not mirrored. The files on each drive are unique. Artists A-L drive 1 and artists drive 2 M-Z. Not for back up purpose. You could randomly move files to either internal drive and the app would organize everything nice and tidy via the GUI (but why would you). Or you could fill up only 1 drive if collection isn't too big. I prefer to split my collection between the drives in case I suffer a lost HDD. I have 3TB on my Aurender X100L. Never had a drive failure. It's just a method to make swapping out a dead hard drive easier on me ........ otherwise I would have to erase the good drive and then reload both internal drives from my external hard drive. The external back up drive is basically my "source" drive. All new files go there first, then copied over to the Aurender. Hope I have explained my method better this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Re: Aurender N10 Caching Music Server review

Quote Originally Posted by j3brow View Post
    No, not mirrored. The files on each drive are unique. Artists A-L drive 1 and artists drive 2 M-Z. Not for back up purpose. You could randomly move files to either internal drive and the app would organize everything nice and tidy via the GUI. Or you could file up only 1 drive if collection isn't too big. I prefer to split my collection between the drives in case I suffer a lost HDD.

allright!
    now i got it
    i must have missed the A-L \M-Z thing

thank you!
    i think its smart.

A.
    Speakers: Boenicke W13SE+ ֿ/ Clarisys Audio Auditorium
    Preamp: CH Precision L1
    Amp: CH Precision M1.1
    Cables: mostly Fono Acustica, VYDA, SAEC
    Digital: CH Precision C1.2+ Streaming hd board/ RoonLab NUCLEUS/ SOtM Lan switches and clocks. / Aries Cerat Helene
    TT:TT 1- V.Y.G.E.R INDIAN SIGNATURE + TITAN (KV9vta max /SAEC 4700 - second arm rotation)
    TT 2 - CSPORT TATM2 + LINEAR ARM (SAEC 4700 second arm rotation)
    Carts':AIDAS Tibetan Yak gold LE, Top Wing Red Sparrow, Etsuro Urushi GOLD, Sumile, Kondo IO-X, DS audio W3....
    Phono: CH Precision P1+X1
    Racks: ROGUZ carbon, ASR platform Ohio XL ...
    Power treatment Ps Audio P10 ֿ/ VYDA PD1

byrdparis.......I do exactly as Mike suggested. Using dBpoweramp I rip my CD's to an external USB hard drive, then drag and drop the music files to the N10's hard drive. The external USB hard drive becomes my backup. I keep the external USB hard drive unplugged when not in use to insure its safe keeping.
    Dan

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital coax,
    Sonos Connect, Stillpoints Ultra SS & Ultra Mini, PurePower 2000, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario

LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205 Signal Sleuth, Sonos Connect, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable,
    Sony DAT 60ES, Nakamichi BX-300, Micro Seiki DD40 w/m505A tonearm, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Stillpoints Ultra Mini, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113

VINTAGE - McIntosh 4300V, McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, JBL 4312A

Quote Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
    byrdparis.......I do exactly as Mike suggested. Using dBpoweramp I rip my CD's to an external USB hard drive, then drag and drop the music files to the N10's hard drive. The external USB hard drive becomes my backup. I keep the external USB hard drive unplugged when not in use to insure its safe keeping.
    ya...
    that what i will do also with my Music NAS after i will drop all my music in to the Aurender internal HD.
    thanks.
    Speakers: Boenicke W13SE+ ֿ/ Clarisys Audio Auditorium
    Preamp: CH Precision L1
    Amp: CH Precision M1.1
    Cables: mostly Fono Acustica, VYDA, SAEC
    Digital: CH Precision C1.2+ Streaming hd board/ RoonLab NUCLEUS/ SOtM Lan switches and clocks. / Aries Cerat Helene
    TT:TT 1- V.Y.G.E.R INDIAN SIGNATURE + TITAN (KV9vta max /SAEC 4700 - second arm rotation)
    TT 2 - CSPORT TATM2 + LINEAR ARM (SAEC 4700 second arm rotation)
    Carts':AIDAS Tibetan Yak gold LE, Top Wing Red Sparrow, Etsuro Urushi GOLD, Sumile, Kondo IO-X, DS audio W3....
    Phono: CH Precision P1+X1
    Racks: ROGUZ carbon, ASR platform Ohio XL ...
    Power treatment Ps Audio P10 ֿ/ VYDA PD1

Follow Up.

As you can tell from the above photo the Aurender N10 has a new Esoteric K-01X to play with. What a remarkable combination these two components make. The Aurender N10 now has just over 1200 hours on it and the Esoteric K-01X has 582 hours on it. Moving to the K-01X was a substantial upgrade from the Esoteric K-03 in all respects. The Aurender N10 performance was immediately elevated to an even higher level of naturally engaging, richly textured, holistic sound. The N10 and the K-01X are truly a match made in audio heaven. My time in the studio listening to this system has taken on an entirely new level a realism. Last night I spent nearly five hours in the sweet spot without a thought of the equipment, only the musical performances. This morning over coffee I couldn't help but remark to Marlene how spectacular the studio system sounds. It is exciting enough that I want to shout it from the roof top. The Aurender N10 has opened so well in its presentation. Coupled with the Esoteric K-01X DAC the N10 consistently presents the best, most analog sounding digital performance I have ever experienced. Using the Aurender Conductor app has become second nature for me, and building playlists is a blast. I have created five playlists at this time that consist of nearly 100 tunes from many of my favorite artists. What a pleasure it is to call up a playlists and have several hours of great music performed in an astonishingly three dimensional sound stage right in front of you. These are great times for audio enthusiasts. I am in constant awe of these components and the sound of the studio system. My new custom sized acoustic art panel over the widescreen television brought new focus and depth to the sound stage, as well. Swapping the ivory colored acoustic panel above the widescreen for a maroon colored acoustic panel helped bring the aesthetics together. Color me a very happy camper.

Dan

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital coax,
    Sonos Connect, Stillpoints Ultra SS & Ultra Mini, PurePower 2000, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario

LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205 Signal Sleuth, Sonos Connect, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable,
    Sony DAT 60ES, Nakamichi BX-300, Micro Seiki DD40 w/m505A tonearm, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Stillpoints Ultra Mini, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113

VINTAGE - McIntosh 4300V, McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, JBL 4312A

Audioshark

Dan - it's a wonderful combo. That's one of the combos I use in the store. Aurender N10 Caching Music Server review
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Dan - it's a wonderful combo. That's one of the combos I use in the store. Aurender N10 Caching Music Server review
    Mike.......I have got to get down to Sarasota for a visit.
    Dan

Congrats on the great choice of equipment, the Aurenders really make a difference for digital playback. And thank you for the thorough review.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuoppis View Post
    Congrats on the great choice of equipment, the Aurenders really make a difference for digital playback. And thank you for the thorough review.
    Kuoppis.......Thank you. It is my pleasure to write reviews on audio components that deliver premium performance. When I have the opportunity to review a component as good as the Aurender N10, the writing just seems to take care of itself. I am thrilled with the Aurender N10 caching music server. It has quenched my music server thirst completely.
    Dan

Dan - you were instrumental in my decision to buy the N10. I was pushed hard to look at the SilenZio, which I did and saw nothing but a glorified windows PC I could build. The N10 is a fantastic piece of gear, made of top quality components. And most importantly it sounds fantastic. It blows my old BDP2 away. I can’t wait for my esoteric K1 to arrive on Tuesday to complete my digital transformation. Thanks for brining the N10 to my attention.

Preamp/Digital: Meitner MA3
    HT Processor: Bryston SP3
    Amps: Bryston 14b3, Bryston 4b3
    Speakers: Kef Reference 5, Kef Reference 4c
    Sub: REL Carbon Special
    Power: Shunyata Denali, Bryston BIT15
    Wires: Wireworld Silver Eclipse XLR & SC, Ethernet - WW Platinum USB
    Other: Stillpoint Ultra SS, ISO-Acoustics ISO Pucks

-Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by Phishphan View Post
    Dan - you were instrumental in my decision to buy the N10. I was pushed hard to look at the SilenZio, which I did and saw nothing but a glorified windows PC I could build. The N10 is a fantastic piece of gear, made of top quality components. And most importantly it sounds fantastic. It blows my old BDP2 away. I can’t wait for my esoteric K1 to arrive on Tuesday to complete my digital transformation. Thanks for bringing the N10 to my attention.
    Kyle.......It always brings a smile to my face to know I was able to help influence a positive outcome in an audiophile's sound system. I do my best to tell it like my ears hear it. I feel exactly the same way you do about my Aurender N10. My biggest influence to purchase came from Mike Bovaird. He hung with me through all my questions and concerns, made the purchase easy, and everything he told me about the N10 was the absolute truth. It doesn't get much better than that.
    Dan

Dan's review got me interested in an Aurender, so I had to have a listen to it. My wife and I made an appointment with Mike at his new store to listen to a N100h but also listened to the N10. After about 30 seconds of comparison my wife said we needed to purchase the N10. Mike spent a lot of time with us showing us how to rip music to it and how to use my NAS. We really appreciated all the knowledge and help gave to us with know pressure at all.
    Paul

Main Stereo System:

Harbeth 40.3 HD, Jay's CDT3 MK3, Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC, Aurender N20, Luxman M900 & C900 , (2) JL f113, Shunyata Denali 6000v2 Power Conditioner, Altaira, AZ Cables, Stillpoints & Symposium shelves under everything.

Theater System:
    JVC RS400 projector, 130" Stewart screen, Oppo 105D, Audio Physic Classic speakers, REL 3D subs, MC8207 MX136, Synergistic Research Powercell, AZ interconnects, speaker cables and PC's.

Ripping music direct to the Aurender would be a great add on feature. Also, a function that would monitor changes on the connected NAS and sync any new music automatically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kyle

Audioshark

Ripping music direct to the Aurender would be a great add on feature. Also, a function that would monitor changes on the connected NAS and sync any new music automatically.

It's coming! It's going to be called the Aurender Content Server or ACS for short.

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Audioshark

Kyle.......It always brings a smile to my face to know I was able to help influence a positive outcome in an audiophile's sound system. I do my best to tell it like my ears hear it. I feel exactly the same way you do about my Aurender N10. My biggest influence to purchase came from Mike Bovaird. He hung with me through all my questions and concerns, made the purchase easy, and everything he told me about the N10 was the absolute truth. It doesn't get much better than that.
    Thank you for the kind words. You really must get down for a visit. I'll load your truck up with some gear to try. Aurender N10 Caching Music Server review

Thank you for the kind words. You really must get down for a visit. I'll load your truck up with some gear to try.
    Mike.......That's what I'm afraid of. .
    Dan

It's coming! It's going to be called the Aurender Content Server or ACS for short.

I’m out of room! I can’t handle anything else in my rack

-Kyle

Dan - you were instrumental in my decision to buy the N10. I was pushed hard to look at the SilenZio, which I did and saw nothing but a glorified windows PC I could build. The N10 is a fantastic piece of gear, made of top quality components. And most importantly it sounds fantastic. It blows my old BDP2 away. I can’t wait for my esoteric K1 to arrive on Tuesday to complete my digital transformation. Thanks for brining the N10 to my attention.

Dan is the man!! Keep those reviews coming!!
    Paul

Speakers: Von Schweikert VR-5 Anniversary MK II Front L/R, LCR-35 Center, VR-1 Rear L/R Sub: JL Audio F113
    Amps: PS Audio BHK Signature 300 Mono, McIntosh MC207 Pre-Amp PS Audio BHK Signature and Gold Note PH-10 Phono Stage/PSU-10 Power Supply
    Turntable: VPI HR-X 12.7 TONEARM (2) and SDS, Stillpoints LPI
    Tape Deck Otari 5050B II2
    Music Server: Aurender N100H
    Cartridges: Ortofon Cadenza Black, Lyra Helikon Mono Digital Source: Oppo UDP-205 DAC: Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE
    SSP: Marantz AV8801 Cables: Wireworld Electra 7 (P) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7, Shunyata Delta NR (I) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 (S)
    Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 (USB)
    AC Power Regeneration: PS Audio DirectStream P15 Power Plant and Shunyata Denali 6000s V2.

Audioshark

I showed Dan's review to the folks Aurender and they kept saying "are you sure he's not a professional reviewer?"

I showed Dan's review to the folks Aurender and they kept saying "are you sure he's not a professional reviewer?"
    Mike.......What a nice thing for the Aurender folks to say. It is appreciated.

I have been writing for years going back as far as my broadcasting days in the late 70's where I wrote and produced hundreds of radio commercials and public service announcements, as well as client and advertising agency presentations. I also do a ton of reading. Using words to convey one's thoughts has always fascinated me and stimulated my imagination. Words are powerful.

The advantages I have over professional audio reviewers are no deadlines that must be met, no word count requirements, no editors to please or equipment to review that I have no interest in, and I write when the mood strikes, otherwise I just sleep late, play, cook, and enjoy music without distractions. I have been retired for ten years and have zero intention of burdening the complete control of my time that I treasure. As it stands now, writing is simply one of many ways I entertain myself and hopefully manage to create useful contributions with my time and energy.
    Dan

Wonderful review. And, I agree, words are powerful.

I do believe after reading only this one review that you do have a way with words.You are able to make a lengthy product review very engaging, and create images in our minds. Which is great because sometimes we really want to be educated on a product, but sitting through an explanation of a product, or reading one, can be difficult.

Do you have any other product reviews available online?

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

rfan8312.......I appreciate your kind comments. I do have a multitude of reviews available online, the majority of which are posted on another audio forum. I respect this forum's sovereignty and don't want to break any rules, so before I post an active link on this forum to a review index page on another audio forum I will need Mike's permission.
    Dan

I do almost the same way with my W20 - I ripp with DB poweramp to wav with slowest speed ( standard cds) or with Pioneer BDP 160 to ISO files( sacds) than I drag and drop to Aurender first and then to USB hard drives ( one 2TB for PCM files) or to 1TB other hard drive for DSD, both as backup storage.
    Since a few month I make also a scan of back cover, there are important informations about recordings there.
    Conductor can display both front and back cover arts, it' s an useful option.

I use sometimes also Spotify over my W20 for the first listennig of new discs but there is a significant difference in SQ compared to hirez and DSD files.

For time being I need only 1 drive in my 6 TB W20, all together 2TB of music.
    Aurender W20->Lampizator Pacific SE/Audio Aero La Fontaine->Ayon Crossfire III or Circle Labs A100-> Avantgarde Acoustic Trio LE 26, 4x REL Carbon Special Subwoofers
    Analog : Fat Bob S with SME 5, Shelter Harmony, Tom Evans Groove+ SRX mk2, Muarah PSC with InteliClamp
    cabling: Duelund DCA 16GA, Acrolink, Vovox, Siltech, Transparent, Audio Phase , NxLT The Flame, FTA Callisto and Sinope usb, Fadel Art , Argentum , REL Bassline Blue

HT : Sony HW 50 ES, Oppo 93 EU, Darbee DVP-5000 ,Yamaha Aventage RX-A 3010 , B&W 9.1, screen 120 inches matt white

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team