Aurender W20 vs my hot-rodded PC server - Page 7
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Aurender W20 vs my hot-rodded PC server

Don’t worry I also got the original top.

So as soon as I am back home I will listen to compare booth, and... it is very possible that I will put back the original top ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I'm not surprised...honestly.

IMO, no guy building a computer in his basement is going to surpass the R&D of what Aurender & Lumin are doing. I also think, if you don't have your own app, you're only half way there.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
    bmichels.......Forgive my bluntness but that piece of plywood screwed to the top of your Aurender W20 looks hideous. I doubt removing the extruded aluminum top cover designed by Aurender's engineers has any positive sonic benefit, not to mention you now have a flammable cover should anything ever go wrong with the batteries inside the W20. I suspect you have also negatively impacted the W20's heat dissipation and shielding. In my opinion the Aurender W20 is at a performance level that should not be altered by such nonsensical things as a piece of plywood replacing the original top cover. Suit yourself of course, but that's my take.
    OMG, normally I would not say anything as everyone has their reasons. In this case, Dan is only trying to help here, remove that cover before it gets decorated come Christmas - go back to OEM, you have a great component!
    Power Conditioning and Filters: Nordost QRT Power Product Line, Furutech GTX-D NCF/GTX Wall Plate/105D
    Cables, Isolation, Reflection and Absorbtion: Nordost Reference Power, Interconnect and Speaker on Pre and Monos, Ansuz C2 Power and Interconnect on DAC and Transport, HRS M3X Platforms, HRS Damping Plates, Stillpoint’s Ultra 6, Ultra SS Isolation, and Vicoustic Room Treatments
    Power & Sound: D’Agostino Pre-Amplifier to D’Agostino Momentum Mono’s driving Wilson Alexia’s
    Source: Aurender N10, PS Audio Direct Stream and Memory Player

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFast69 View Post
    OMG, ....remove that cover before it gets decorated come Christmas....
    Ed.......That's funny.
    Dan

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints Ultra SS & Ultra Mini, PurePower 2000, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario

LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC452, MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205 Signal Sleuth, Sonos Connect, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Sony DAT 60ES, Nakamichi BX-300, Micro Seiki DD40 w/m505A tonearm, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Stillpoints Ultra Mini, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113

VINTAGE - McIntosh 4300V, McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, JBL 4312A

Post Thanks / Like

Adam,

With the servers you've tried, are you able to adjust the absolute polarity of each recording as needed?

By adjust, I mean that it will be automatic for that recording each time you play it after adjusting. Not referring to live streaming, but playing back from your existing collection.

The reason I ask is with that feature not being easily & repeatedly available on the early servers, I haven't kept up with what's happening as I should.
    MBP (3), stripped down for music only; Curious USB; Lush USB; PS Audio LanRover; ISO REGEN w/short Curious USB links; Berkeley Alpha USB; 2 Audioquest Diamond ethernet - 1 3M 1 - 5M; Audioquest Diamond AES; Schiit Yggdrasil - updated; Ayre QB-9 DSD; Ayre Codex; ASR Emitter II Exclusive; all electronics on Grand Prix Audio stands; mass-loaded Tannoy Canterburys on custom stands; Outboard Duelund xover bypassing internal Tannoy xover & Tannoy EQ; bi-wired with Duelund DCA16GA speaker cables; mass-loaded REL 212 SEs; Duelund DCA20GA ICs; Stealth Dream PCs; dedicated custom room; various room treatments; etc.

www.getbettersound.com

Post Thanks / Like

Well, now the Aurender W20 is installed at home above the Denafrips Terminator R2R DAC and under the BHSE amp & the EC445 Amp. I installed them on cones made of lava to decouple them from the furniture which is definitively not a dedicated HiFi rack. A new home made power filter/distributor is also used.
    Ah... I also removed the strange W20's wooden top to replace it by the factory top ;-)

I ordered on loan 3 digital cables from the same company (Hificables.fr) so that next week I will be able to compare USB, EAS and Coax connections and decide which is best...

--> What best super TOL USB or AES cable can you recommend ?

Some High quality power cables are also coming soon to test (some home made and some from Hificables.fr).

On the Go: A&K SP1000 > Shure KSE 1500
    At home : ARIES > Denafrips Terminator R2R DAC > BHSE > STAX SR009
    -> for sale : Piano Forte PFVIII, Eddie Current 445 tube Amp (with many different tubes).
    Review Chord MOJO v/s HUGO et WooAudio WA8 v/s TU-05 & HUGO

Post Thanks / Like

bmichels.......Thanks for the photos of your system and room. The system looks very nice, and the Aurender W20 looks good tucked into the rack with its top cover back in place. I am looking forward to reading about your digital cable comparison.
    Dan

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints Ultra SS & Ultra Mini, PurePower 2000, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario

LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC452, MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205 Signal Sleuth, Sonos Connect, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Sony DAT 60ES, Nakamichi BX-300, Micro Seiki DD40 w/m505A tonearm, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Stillpoints Ultra Mini, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113

VINTAGE - McIntosh 4300V, McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, JBL 4312A

Post Thanks / Like

Yes much better, keep us posted on what you end up with for cables

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Power Conditioning and Filters: Nordost QRT Power Product Line, Furutech GTX-D NCF/GTX Wall Plate/105D
    Cables, Isolation, Reflection and Absorbtion: Nordost Reference Power, Interconnect and Speaker on Pre and Monos, Ansuz C2 Power and Interconnect on DAC and Transport, HRS M3X Platforms, HRS Damping Plates, Stillpoint’s Ultra 6, Ultra SS Isolation, and Vicoustic Room Treatments
    Power & Sound: D’Agostino Pre-Amplifier to D’Agostino Momentum Mono’s driving Wilson Alexia’s
    Source: Aurender N10, PS Audio Direct Stream and Memory Player

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7