Turntables - fall from grace? - Page 3
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Turntables - fall from grace?

Quote Originally Posted by XV-1 View Post
    Interesting Jeff has heard Kronos and Avid. And bought two Avid's.
    Here is what Jeff said about the Kronos:

"In the light of other tables from AVID, Clearaudio and SME to name a few, the Kronos is polished and up to task. I award the Kronos one of our nine Publishers Choice awards for 2012 – it remains as enjoyable to listen to as the day it arrived. Here’s to Louis Desjardins’ continued growth and success."

At this level, they are all terrific turntables.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: AAvik Electronics, Aurender, Ansuz Cables, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bryston, Chord, Crystal Cable, Dali Loudspeakers, Entreq, Esoteric, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Gryphon Audio, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, KEF, Kimber Kable, KLAudio, KR Audio, Kronos, Lampizator, Lumin, Magico Loudspeakers, Manley Labs, Melco Audio, MicroMega, M2Tech, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PlayBack Designs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Raidho Loudspeakers, Rega Turntables, REL Acoustics, Shunyata Research, Siltech, Small Green Computer Company, Solid Tech Racks, Sonoma Acoustics, SOtM, SRA, Straight Wire, Stillpoints, T+A, Tannoy Loudspeakers, Transfiguration Cartridges, Trenner & Friedl, Triode Corporation of Japan, VAC, Vandersteen Speakers, Vicoustics, Vitus Audio, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WyWyres Cables, ZYX Cartridges.

www.suncoastaudio.com
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

2. Likes puroagave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Recently? I think the Avids are interesting, but the Kronos is currently kind of the bees knees, isn't it?

Not sure though what the impact of the latest Acutus upgrade is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Big rig: Vpi Prime with Phoenix Engineering Eagle and Roadrunner/ Ortofon Cadenza Bronze MC/ Stillpoints LPI/ Grandinote Celio/ Aurender N100H/ Curious USB/ Meitner MA-1/ Ayre KX-5 Twenty/ Ayre VX-5 Twenty/ WyWires Platinum IC+speaker+power cables/ Magico S3/ Shunyata Triton+AlphaHC/ Finite Elemente Pagode/ Stillpoints.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Ayre Codex/ Auralic Aries Mini/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 3PSR2/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom HD+3.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Audirvana/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Charleston Cable Company Cardas Custom/ Sennheiser HD800/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ AudioTekne Blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Here is what Jeff said about the Kronos:

"In the light of other tables from AVID, Clearaudio and SME to name a few, the Kronos is polished and up to task. I award the Kronos one of our nine Publishers Choice awards for 2012 – it remains as enjoyable to listen to as the day it arrived. Here’s to Louis Desjardins’ continued growth and success."

At this level, they are all terrific turntables.
    So Mike, sounds like Avid might be a good contender... .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Big rig: Vpi Prime with Phoenix Engineering Eagle and Roadrunner/ Ortofon Cadenza Bronze MC/ Stillpoints LPI/ Grandinote Celio/ Aurender N100H/ Curious USB/ Meitner MA-1/ Ayre KX-5 Twenty/ Ayre VX-5 Twenty/ WyWires Platinum IC+speaker+power cables/ Magico S3/ Shunyata Triton+AlphaHC/ Finite Elemente Pagode/ Stillpoints.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Ayre Codex/ Auralic Aries Mini/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 3PSR2/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom HD+3.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Audirvana/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Charleston Cable Company Cardas Custom/ Sennheiser HD800/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ AudioTekne Blue.

5. Likes Mike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XV-1 View Post
    Interesting Jeff has heard Kronos and Avid. And bought two Avid's.
    I have been to Jeff's. He loves Avid because of ease of setup and use and PRAT if I remember correctly. I heard his tables and preferred the Avid at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dpod4 View Post
    I have been to Jeff's. He loves Avid because of ease of setup and use and PRAT if I remember correctly. I heard his tables and preferred the Avid at the time.

Which other tables does he have?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    Which other tables does he have?
    When I was there he has 2-3 Avids and the Kronos playing. I think he had a AMG v12 as well around that time. I remember he had big Pass Labs amps driving some beautiful European speakers and the ease and dynamics and warmth was intoxicating.

9. Likes Mike liked this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3