Exciting news -- Suncoast Audio goes brick and mortar - Page 37
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 32 33 34 35 36 37
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Exciting news -- Suncoast Audio goes brick and mortar

Congrats on the Hegel MJ! Nice amp purchased from a nice dealer (and guy!).

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

His niceness has cost me a fortune!
    Larry
    Larry

Lumin U1
    Chord Dave Dac
    Pass labs Int-60 integrated Amp
    Magico S3 Mk2 in Mcast Pewter
    Denali 6000S
    Ansuz cabling

Fostex Th900 headphones

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Exciting news -- Suncoast Audio goes brick and mortar

Quote Originally Posted by MarinJim View Post
    Just bought a used, mint silver Hegel H30 from Mike. He is a fast shipper and very friendly. Thanks Mike!
    Hi Jim! Glad it arrived ok. My OCD kicks in with these things. Enjoy in good health! You were terrific to work with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, Ansuz Cables, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bryston, Chord, ClearAudio Turntables & Accessories, Esoteric, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Furutech, Gryphon Audio, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, KEF Loudspeakers, Kimber Kable, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, KR Audio Tube & Amps, Kronos, Lampizator, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MicroMega, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, REL Acoustics, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, Siltech, Solid Tech Racks, SRA, Stein Music, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, Tannoy Loudspeakers, Transfiguration Cartridges, Trenner & Friedl, Triode Corporation of Japan, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Post Thanks / Like

congrats mj, i also run a hegel h30 amp, concert fidelity cf-080 ls combo and they work very well together. john

Post Thanks / Like

Count my wife, Lori, and I in those numbers who have had the great fortune to visit Mike's major slice of sonic heaven, in both his store and his home. I encourage all who have not done so, and who have the means (if you have gone down the high-end audio rabbit hole no doubt you do!), to make the pilgrimage. It was a blast to finally meet and hang out with Mike, a most gracious host and down to earth human being, and to completely indulge our ears. At his Suncoast store the system that sent me into a state of bliss (and drove my wife to tears) was the Magico S5 mk2 driven by a pair of VAC 200 iq's with the ARC Ref 6 pre. I don't remember what streamer was used, Lumin or Aurender. Amazing, emotionally involving, layered, detailed sound! Then Mike took us to his favorite local seafood restaurant for an incredibly delicious meal. If you want to know the name you have to visit Mike as the locals want to keep it from being overrun by tourists. Then it was off to his lovely home to hear the "upstairs" system. I had butterflies as we entered having only seen the pics and imagined what the sound must be like. We listened to both vinyl and digital (Lumin A1) and it was a delightfully shocking experience, realism and rich tonality the likes of which I have not heard before. Lori and I were blown away and stayed well past the time we needed to leave to get back for dinner with family, and, yes, Lori did shed more tears. Big thanks to you, Mike, for a wonderful day we will not soon forget!

6. Thanks Mike thanked for this post
    Likes rrwmd, Mike, joeinid, Jim Smith, Alpinist liked this post
    Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndLiner View Post
    Count my wife, Lori, and I in those numbers who have had the great fortune to visit Mike's major slice of sonic heaven, in both his store and his home. I encourage all who have not done so, and who have the means (if you have gone down the high-end audio rabbit hole no doubt you do!), to make the pilgrimage. It was a blast to finally meet and hang out with Mike, a most gracious host and down to earth human being, and to completely indulge our ears. At his Suncoast store the system that sent me into a state of bliss (and drove my wife to tears) was the Magico S5 mk2 driven by a pair of VAC 200 iq's with the ARC Ref 6 pre. I don't remember what streamer was used, Lumin or Aurender. Amazing, emotionally involving, layered, detailed sound! Then Mike took us to his favorite local seafood restaurant for an incredibly delicious meal. If you want to know the name you have to visit Mike as the locals want to keep it from being overrun by tourists. Then it was off to his lovely home to hear the "upstairs" system. I had butterflies as we entered having only seen the pics and imagined what the sound must be like. We listened to both vinyl and digital (Lumin A1) and it was a delightfully shocking experience, realism and rich tonality the likes of which I have not heard before. Lori and I were blown away and stayed well past the time we needed to leave to get back for dinner with family, and, yes, Lori did shed more tears. Big thanks to you, Mike, for a wonderful day we will not soon forget!
    Thank you Mike. It was absolutely wonderful to spend the day with you and Lori. The S5 mk2 system was using the Aurender N100H and the Esoteric K-01x as the DAC. The VAC/ARC synergy was absolutely terrific. It was very emotionally engaging for all of us.

I'm glad you enjoyed the Avantgarde system as well.

Thank you again.

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, Ansuz Cables, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bryston, Chord, ClearAudio Turntables & Accessories, Esoteric, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Furutech, Gryphon Audio, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, KEF Loudspeakers, Kimber Kable, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, KR Audio Tube & Amps, Kronos, Lampizator, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MicroMega, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, REL Acoustics, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, Siltech, Solid Tech Racks, SRA, Stein Music, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, Tannoy Loudspeakers, Transfiguration Cartridges, Trenner & Friedl, Triode Corporation of Japan, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

8. Likes Jim Smith liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    It was very emotionally engaging for all of us.

YAY!!!

IMO, if the system isn't emotionally engaging, it's a failure, no matter the price, the technical claims, etc.
    MBP (2), stripped down for music only; Curious USB; PS Audio LanRover; Audioquest Diamond ethernet; REGEN w/short Curious USB links; Berkeley Alpha USB; Audioquest Diamond AES; Schiit Yggdrasil; Ayre QB-9 DSD; Ayre Codex; ASR Emitter II Exclusive; all electronics on Grand Prix Audio stands; mass-loaded Tannoy Canterburys on custom stands; Outboard Duelund xover bypassing internal Tannoy xover & Tannoy EQ; bi-wired with Duelund DCA16GA speaker cables; mass-loaded REL 212 SEs; Duelund DCA20GA ICs; Stealth Dream PCs; dedicated custom room; various room treatments; etc.

www.getbettersound.com

10. Likes Alpinist liked this post

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 32 33 34 35 36 37