Exciting news -- Suncoast Audio goes brick and mortar - Page 23
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 33 ... LastLast
    Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Exciting news -- Suncoast Audio goes brick and mortar

Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post
    So cool Mike. Are ya high yet from the glue.
    Woo hoo! High as a kite. Actually, it doesn't have much of a smell. It's really thick and dry's in an insane 15 seconds (or less). I remember when I did my room at home a few years ago, I put the glue on the first panel, put it up, was studying to make sure it was straight and holy crapola it wouldn't move! It makes it easier than if you had to hold the panels in place for 20 minutes waiting for the glue to dry.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: AAvik Electronics, Aurender, Ansuz Cables, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bryston, Chord, Crystal Cable, Dali Loudspeakers, Entreq, Esoteric, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Gryphon Audio, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, KEF, Kimber Kable, KLAudio, KR Audio, Kronos, Lampizator, Lumin, Magico Loudspeakers, Manley Labs, Melco Audio, MicroMega, M2Tech, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PlayBack Designs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Raidho Loudspeakers, Rega Turntables, REL Acoustics, Shunyata Research, Siltech, Small Green Computer Company, Solid Tech Racks, Sonoma Acoustics, SOtM, SRA, Straight Wire, Stillpoints, T+A, Tannoy Loudspeakers, Transfiguration Cartridges, Trenner & Friedl, Triode Corporation of Japan, VAC, Vandersteen Speakers, Vicoustics, Vitus Audio, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WyWyres Cables, ZYX Cartridges.

www.suncoastaudio.com
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Woo hoo! High as a kite. Actually, it doesn't have much of a smell. It's really thick and dry's in an insane 15 seconds (or less). I remember when I did my room at home a few years ago, I put the glue on the first panel, put it up, was studying to make sure it was straight and holy crapola it wouldn't move! It makes it easier than if you had to hold the panels in place for 20 minutes waiting for the glue to dry.
    That's interesting Mike, a quick set glue, a question if you had to remove the panels does the glue rip off the outer layer on the sheet rock. If I go this route and the glue does in fact rip off a layer of the sheet rock outer paper having to refloat sheet rock and then matching the surface texture could be a bummer which would be a total room repaint.
    Chris

(2 Chl): Kef 201/2, Pass xa30.5, W4S STP-SE ,Bryston BCD-1, Lumin D1, VPI Classic 1, Manley Chinook, Dynavector DV20x2L.exaSound e22. ( computer) Win7, Synology DS413 NAS ,Vincent SP-331MKII , Quicksilver LS,Vapor Audio Breeze, Rythmik F12se. Cables: Acoustic Zen HT: GE Triton 2's, Denon4311, OPPO105.,

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

That's interesting Mike, a quick set glue, a question if you had to remove the panels does the glue rip off the outer layer on the sheet rock. If I go this route and the glue does in fact rip off a layer of the sheet rock outer paper having to refloat sheet rock and then matching the surface texture could be a bummer which would be a total room repaint.
    I actually removed 6 panels in my room (which you saw) and we textured over it and painted and you can't tell. It really just rips the paint off when you try to remove it. Actually, if I recall correctly, when I removed the panels, little patches of foam stayed and I just took a puddy knife and scraped it off. It really wasn't bad at all to repair.

The panels are a snap. Just work with a straight line. A long 6 foot level comes in handy. Make a first corner, long straight level line and go. Super easy. The PITA is the Multifuser Wood 32 and 64. Each box comes with a template, mounting brackets and 2 x 32 panels or 4 x 64 panels. There can be (50% of the time) between 1/8 - 1/16 variances between the template or bracket and panel. Meaning, you follow along and it may not line up perfect. Now I've figured out to measure the holes on the wall to the line on the wall and the screw hole on the bracket to the top of the panel before drilling the holes.

Vicoustics is from Portugal. I can here them now "ah, that's a close enough. Time for lunch."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: AAvik Electronics, Aurender, Ansuz Cables, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bryston, Chord, Crystal Cable, Dali Loudspeakers, Entreq, Esoteric, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Gryphon Audio, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, KEF, Kimber Kable, KLAudio, KR Audio, Kronos, Lampizator, Lumin, Magico Loudspeakers, Manley Labs, Melco Audio, MicroMega, M2Tech, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PlayBack Designs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Raidho Loudspeakers, Rega Turntables, REL Acoustics, Shunyata Research, Siltech, Small Green Computer Company, Solid Tech Racks, Sonoma Acoustics, SOtM, SRA, Straight Wire, Stillpoints, T+A, Tannoy Loudspeakers, Transfiguration Cartridges, Trenner & Friedl, Triode Corporation of Japan, VAC, Vandersteen Speakers, Vicoustics, Vitus Audio, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WyWyres Cables, ZYX Cartridges.

www.suncoastaudio.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I actually removed 6 panels in my room (which you saw) and we textured over it and painted and you can't tell. It really just rips the paint off when you try to remove it. Actually, if I recall correctly, when I removed the panels, little patches of foam stayed and I just took a puddy knife and scraped it off. It really wasn't bad at all to repair.

The panels are a snap. Just work with a straight line. A long 6 foot level comes in handy. Make a first corner, long straight level line and go. Super easy. The PITA is the Multifuser Wood 32 and 64. Each box comes with a template, mounting brackets and 2 x 32 panels or 4 x 64 panels. There can be (50% of the time) between 1/8 - 1/16 variances between the template or bracket and panel. Meaning, you follow along and it may not line up perfect. Now I've figured out to measure the holes on the wall to the line on the wall and the screw hole on the bracket to the top of the panel before drilling the holes.

Vicoustics is from Portugal. I can here them now "ah, that's a close enough. Time for lunch."

Well I need to find out where to order them from.
    Chris

(2 Chl): Kef 201/2, Pass xa30.5, W4S STP-SE ,Bryston BCD-1, Lumin D1, VPI Classic 1, Manley Chinook, Dynavector DV20x2L.exaSound e22. ( computer) Win7, Synology DS413 NAS ,Vincent SP-331MKII , Quicksilver LS,Vapor Audio Breeze, Rythmik F12se. Cables: Acoustic Zen HT: GE Triton 2's, Denon4311, OPPO105.,

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I need to find out where to order them from.
    Yeah, they fired their NA distributor or their distributor quit on them last week. Not sure what the story is. Anyway, I know they're meeting with a new potential NA distributor this week (which I arranged ). I'm in contact with the CEO of Vicoustics and will keep you posted.

www.suncoastaudio.com

6. Thanks CPP thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

looks very good mike!
    congrat!
    wish our dealers were investing in their demo rooms half from what you did..
    all the best - hope you up and running in no time

A
    Speakers:Avalon Eidolon (Magico S3mk2 coming)
    Preamp:Luxman C900u
    Amp: MSB KT120/Luxman M900u
    Cables: Siltech Double Crown full signal
    Power: Furutech alpha,Nordost Odin1,Argento Master Flow
    Digital: Metronome C8/Aurender N10
    TT2: Clearaudio Master Innovation with TT2 & UNIVERSAL arms
    Carts': Zyx r1000 airy3 sb, Myajina Takumi, Ortofon Anna
    Phono: Pass labs XP-25
    Racks: Solid Tech - Rack of silence reference
    Power treatment Ps Audio P10

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Room 2 finished today. Room 3 next week.

www.suncoastaudio.com

9. Thanks a.wayne thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike
    That is an great looking room!! Congratulations on your vision and execution.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum Mono amps & Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: Meridian 808v6 and Meridian MC-200 (Sooloos)
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects, PC - Transparent Reference Powerlink MM2x
    Power: Shunyata Denali

11. Thanks Mike thanked for this post
    Likes Mike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweet! Can't wait to hear it!
    Speakers: Magico M-Project w/MPods
    Amps: CAT Legend -> CAT JL7s
    Analog: Kronos Pro Limited Edition / Black Beauty tonearm / Zyx Universe Premium, Ortofon A95
    Digital: Roon->Vivaldi DAC/Upsampler
    Cables/Power: Kubala Sosna Elation ICs & SCs / Shunyata Denali 6000T & PC's / Furutech outlets

13. Likes Mike liked this post
    Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madfloyd View Post
    Sweet! Can't wait to hear it!
    See you Saturday!

www.suncoastaudio.com

Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 33 ... LastLast