Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Audioshark

Devialet Upgrade Processing Available

I am now accepting Devialet upgrade registrations.

** PEOPLE WHO UPGRADE IN 2016 WILL RECEIVE A FREE Devialet OS Board ($1800 value) **

"Once Upgraded it will be later followed by the integration of Devialet OS. This dedicated board, available in 2017, will add more brain power to Expert Pro and enable new features, such as UPnP/DLNA. It will be offered to your clients for free as soon as it is available(an $1800.00 USD value)."

If you are interested in having your Devialet upgraded to the latest version(s), please PM me.

Attached Images Attached Images
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Re: Devialet Upgrade Processing Available

Great! With the new Devialet OS board, there is a chance to stream directly from NAS without the need for an external streamer.

Without upgrading the Devialet, can I just add the new Devialet OS Board to the master unit of D400? I guess not. D400 might need hardware upgrade to fit this new OS board.
    Jim
    ‐--‐-----‐------------‐----------------------------------------------------------
    Esoteric N-05xd, Luxman d08u, Gryphon Diablo-300, Revel Studio2

Conrad Johnson Premier15 phono, ART-2 pre, Premier8A mono, Lumin T2, VPI Classic3, Magnepan 3.7

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Q3Di View Post
    Great! With the new Devialet OS board, there is a chance to stream directly from NAS without the need for an external streamer.

Without upgrading the Devialet, can I just add the new Devialet OS Board to the master unit of D400? I guess not. D400 might need hardware upgrade to fit this new OS board.
    Unfortunately not. You must do the upgrade.

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Thanks Mike for all your assistance on the upgrade, I really appreciate you looking out for me.
    Roon Rock | Ortofon Cadenza Black | Miyajima Zero | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro | Vivid Audio G3

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by baddog View Post
    Thanks Mike for all your assistance on the upgrade, I really appreciate you looking out for me.
    Any time. You're very welcome. ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I am now accepting Devialet upgrade registrations.

** PEOPLE WHO UPGRADE IN 2016 WILL RECEIVE A FREE Devialet OS Board ($1800 value) **

"Once Upgraded it will be later followed by the integration of Devialet OS. This dedicated board, available in 2017, will add more brain power to Expert Pro and enable new features, such as UPnP/DLNA. It will be offered to your clients for free as soon as it is available(an $1800.00 USD value)."

If you are interested in having your Devialet upgraded to the latest version(s), please PM me.

In my opinion the Devialet is so technologically advanced it's probably as much if not more so a computer as it is an audio component. I personally feel the upgrade is important from the standpoint of maintaining the progressive allure of the product.

This said, if one has a two chassis unit such as the 400 or 800 the charge is nearly EIGHT THOUSAND ($8,000.00)...well ok, $7,790.00 to be exact. I'm still contemplating but am having a difficult time committing this money to the upgrade not knowing exactly what to expect in terms of performance and sound quality improvement. Will my unit sound 30% better than it does today after the upgrade? (Upgrade charge is approximately 30% of my unit's MSRP). That's a tall order to be sure.

The Aurender units are amazing. Should I take that $8,000.00 and purchase a new N10? Or... should I use the money to put towards the purchase of a new DAC such as a Lampizator, Chord or Berkeley? New speakers? That'd be a nice deposit on a pair of Magico...

Many of us recognize there are many ways to assemble a great sounding system. There are surely as many ways to miss - it is as much an art as a science.

Devialet makes a great sounding product that is truly a marvel. Its aesthetic presence and user interface is superb.

Oh how I wish I would of spent just a couple thousand dollars more for the Atelier version...the upgrade then would be FREE...nearly an $8,000.00 savings. If only I could rewind time! But then again I might need to wear sunglasses when looking at those two all-gold toned chassis.

Thoughts? Fellow Devialet owners... are you upgrading? Yes or no and why? Your insights are appreciated...thank you.

Banned

I paid $10,000 CDN for my D200. I'm having a hard time swallowing the idea of $6000CDN for the upgrade to the 220 Pro.

The 120 upgrade price being exactly the same also rubs me the wrong way. Add in the whole AIR debacle and my Devialet love is really low right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Tone View Post
    I paid $10,000 CDN for my D200. I'm having a hard time swallowing the idea of $6000CDN for the upgrade to the 220 Pro.

The 120 upgrade price being exactly the same also rubs me the wrong way. Add in the whole AIR debacle and my Devialet love is really low right now.
    Boy do I appreciate those sentiments... still... after a couple days of reflection I'm now reconsidering. The Devialet is a marvel in its own right and while it is early I have heard at least 2 reports that suggest the 1000 Pro sounds better than and beats the 800 hands down. Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by La Dolce Vita View Post
    Boy do I appreciate those sentiments... still... after a couple days of reflection I'm now reconsidering. The Devialet is a marvel in its own right and while it is early I have heard at least 2 reports that suggest the 1000 Pro sounds better than and beats the 800 hands down. Hmmm...
    Personally I take those reports with a huge grain of salt. How much better can it really sound. The signal to noise ratio on the last gen is already vanishingly small. And by most reviewer accounts the last gen was among the very best sound available at any price. You really think this new pro series is a huge leap in SQ? I'm highly skeptical.
    System 1: Matrix Element M -> Sugden A21se -> Klipsch Cornwall 3.

System 2: Matrix Element X -> Exposure 3510 -> Heco Direkt.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxwired View Post
    Personally I take those reports with a huge grain of salt. How much better can it really sound. The signal to noise ratio on the last gen is already vanishingly small. And by most reviewer accounts the last gen was among the very best sound available at any price. You really think this new pro series is a huge leap in SQ? I'm highly skeptical.
    ;-) no... I share some of your skepticism and honestly don't know how much better it can really sound. But I'm hoping to hear more and find out...

mauidan

I'm not going to pay $7,790.00 to upgrade my D400.

If you have a 400 or 800, I suggest you upgrade the digitalr connecting cable, here's mine:

I rather put the money toward new speakers, BTW, SAM files are now available for the Magico S1 and S5 Mk2s.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by mauidan View Post
    I'm not going to pay $7,790.00 to upgrade my D400.

If you have a 400 or 800, I suggest you upgrade the digitalr connecting cable, here's mine:

I rather put the money toward new speakers, BTW, SAM files are now available for the Magico S1 and S5 Mk2s.
    Wow, that's a great cable! Audience makes great product and good to see the SX line has now carried over to digital cables. How do you use this? Connect one end (master) to AES/EBU and other into RCA SPDIF (companion)? Would I need to reconfigure with the configurator or would it just work? Currently using a Nordost Valhalla 1 SPDIF RCA/RCA... thanks...

Audioshark

Good discussions guys.

mauidan

Quote Originally Posted by La Dolce Vita View Post
    Wow, that's a great cable! Audience makes great product and good to see the SX line has now carried over to digital cables. How do you use this? Connect one end (master) to AES/EBU and other into RCA SPDIF (companion)? Would I need to reconfigure with the configurator or would it just work? Currently using a Nordost Valhalla 1 SPDIF RCA/RCA... thanks...

The RCA SPDIF is connected to the master and the AES/EBU to the companion. Yes, you have to do a new configuration.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jaxwired View Post
    I agree. Big grain of salt. That said their was one double blind report Oda vs 1000 that had interesting multiple unanimous results in favor of the 1000 Pro.

Personally I can't remember what my system sounds like after being away from it for any extended period of time, I wouldn't trust myself to voice an opinion on improvement if I sent it away for upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by mauidan View Post
    The RCA SPDIF is connected to the master and the AES/EBU to the companion. Yes, you have to do a new configuration.
    Very helpful info, thank you!

I agree. Big grain of salt. That said their was one double blind report Oda vs 1000 that had interesting multiple unanimous results in favor of the 1000 Pro.

Personally I can't remember what my system sounds like after being away from it for any extended period of time, I wouldn't trust myself to voice an opinion on improvement if I sent it away for upgrade.
    Ha! I know the feeling. Sometimes I think my system sounds different from one day to the next...

AND I'm even MORE skeptical of a blind test. I have not read this report but if it was a group of people picking which sounds better, that is laughable. That proves absolutely nothing unless they did 100 separate tests and all 100 came out with the new pro on top. Before I'd believe that kind of test I'd want an A/B/X test done immediately after the "preference" test to prove that the group could reliably pick the pro model from the expert model. Because I highly doubt a group of listeners could since every ABX test I've read about in the past the listeners failed to reliably detect which amp was which and that was with entirely different manufacturers and this is two units from devialet that should be extremely close in sound given their shared DNA. Have a link to the test details?

Looks like it was just a group of people listening blind and scoring the sound. Not what I would call a scientific test. If your ran the same test 10 times does anyone think they'd get the same result? Seems astronomically unlikely.

But, I'm sure everyone that hears or buys the new pro line will deem it superior to the expert line. No doubt about it. it will be unanimously declared superior. Might be, but I highly doubt anyone could consistently detect a expert 800 from a pro 1000 in a few hundred blind A/B/X tests. Not that the pro isn't better, it might well be, just that it's not the leap that people will soon be claiming.

I was also a bit skeptical. I bought a 200 earlier this year with the intent of upgrading to a 400 when I could afford to do so. But when the upgrade program was announced, I was quite hesitant to jump on the upgrade bandwagon without first hearing one. Even though I could get the "recent buyer" upgrade discount, it still ain't cheap. Long story short, I was able to recently buy a 220 Pro at what I think was a reasonable price so that I could directly compare my 200 with the 220 Pro. I posted a summary of what I heard here:

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=3585

No, not blind tested (because I was the one that had to change the cables ;-), but it did convince me that the Pro series was an evolutionary step forward in the technology. So now I'm no longer thinking of a 400 but trying to figure out if I'll just sell my 200 or find a way to afford to upgrade it to then have a 440 Pro.

Hey, I'm not dissing the 200 or 400 - they are awesome and the reason I first bought into Devialet. But now that I've heard the Pro, I don't think I'd be happy settling for less.

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum mdconnelly, thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Audioshark

Hi mdconnelly - welcome to Audioshark. Very interesting to hear your (positive) feedback on the 440 Pro.

You could upgrade your 200 to a 220 and add the companion 220 to make it a 440???

Hi mdconnelly - welcome to Audioshark. Very interesting to hear your (positive) feedback on the 440 Pro.
    You could upgrade your 200 to a 220 and add the companion 220 to make it a 440???
    Thanks for the welcome... I've actually been a lurker here from time to time. Nice site.

Well, I've got a 200 that I've had since earlier in the year and a 220 Pro that I just bought. I figured that this was the only way I could hear them side-by-side in my system. I no longer have a Devialet nearby (North Carolina, US). So I figure my choices now are:

1) sell the 200 and just be happy the the 220 Pro (cheapest option and my original intent ;-)

2) sell the 200 and buy a Companion for the 220 Pro to make a 440 Pro

3) upgrade the 200 to a 220 Pro and use it along with my existing 220 Pro as a 440 Pro. I'm told that works just fine.

I suppose the advantage of having two 220 Pros is that I could someday just sell one and still have a great system. So I'm scratching my head on what to do. I figure I've got until late December to decide on the upgrade path.

Audioshark

Sell the 200, buy the 220 companion. 400 is considerably better than a 200 IMO and I suspect the 220 vs 440 is similar in degree of improvement.

Sell the 200, buy the 220 companion. 400 is considerably better than a 200 IMO and I suspect the 220 vs 440 is similar in degree of improvement.

+1 I agree with Mike here. Congrats and good luck!

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team