Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Use or Familiar with VTI? take a look

I'm making a change in my listening room. Going from a large oak entertainment center to an actual equipment rack. My dealer carries VTI, I wasn't familiar with them but had a look and really liked this series. Real steel poles and 1 inch thick MDR shelves. What do you think? Compared to the big name brands VTI is reasonable as well.
    http://www.vtimanufacturing.com/vti_...al-audio-rack/

I have earth tone colors in the room and leaning toward the "red" with silver poles.
    Aurender ACS10 w/Audioquest Diamond USB, Esoteric N05xd
    Mark Levinson #526, 534 & JBL 4367's
    Clearaudio Performance DC w/Maestro cart
    Clarus Concerto & their Crimson cables

HT: Marantz AV8003, Linn 5125, JBL SAM3ha, Revel s30,
    SVS PC13 Ultra
    Transparent, Analysis Plus & Tributaries. PS Audio filtering
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP
    Parasound P6, MBL 8006b, Artisan speakers/subwoofer

Audioshark

Use or Familiar with VTI? take a look

It's just ok. I had a bunch of VTI stands. The legs are holo and not easy to fill with sand. I ended up giving all mine away. Frankly, I prefer (and now sell) Quadrasphire in the same price range.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Re: Use or Familiar with VTI? take a look

I use a VTI rack. Overall construction is robust and the material finish looks good with McIntosh gear. However, with other gear of different material finish the rack might not look as good. My rack has thick black glass shelves (which compliments the black glass fronts of McIntosh gear) with the screen in the back to hide cabling, a great feature. A lot of rack for the money.

The only problem I had was with the caster with brake wheels. They would not support the weight of my McIntosh gear. If you look at the picture of the caster with brake you will notice that the weight of the rack (poles) is not centered directly above the wheels. This causes the weight to put added stress on the bottom caster assembly and over time mine bent. I took them off and just put in the regular feet. A design flaw.
    McIntosh MC462, MDA200, MCT500 -Apple Music iPad- PMC MB2 Se - Klipsch Palladium P-37F / P-312W- Clarus Crimson

The Pro series that the link takes you to has 1 inch thick shelves rated to hold 250 lbs. & the poles are steel, I'm not sure how long this series has been available but it looks like it's more suited for our type of gear.

SVS PC13 Ultra
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP

I have the new rack set up. I have to say I'm impressed with the quality of the rack, easy to put together, threaded well, aligned well, no blemishes. I have not had enough different racks to comment on any difference in sound quality and my room, placement etc. is different as well, so if I did notice a difference I wouldn't know what to attribute it to. At least this partivular series I'd recommend it to a friend.

SVS PC13 Ultra
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Use or Familiar with VTI?  take a look