Ribbon Tweeter Issue
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Post Thanks / Like

Ribbon Tweeter Issue

Hi All,

All has been going smoothly until last night and I noticed that the right tweeter seemed to vanish. I never listen at loud levels as my ears are sensitive anyway. I have isolated the issue to the speaker by changing channels on cables and so forth.

I will call my dealer tomorrow. Anyone have any idea how much these drivers cost to replace if that is what I am up against?

Thanks-

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ribbon Tweeter Issue

That depends greatly upon which speakers specifically you have, since there are many different "ribbon" drivers. With some true ribbon drivers the foil conductor can just be replaced while some others require replacement of the entire driver.

Post Thanks / Like

actually its not a ribbon tweeter , most likely its planer magnetic and if blown should only require a diaphragm change , pretty straight forward ...

Post Thanks / Like

Mine showed similar symptoms when it failed. Would switch off then come back a few seconds later.
    Mine was replaced under warranty. Raidho send out the complete unit mounted on the black metal baffle. Took about half an hour to fit.

Regards
    Cyclopse

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by audio.bill View Post
    That depends greatly upon which speakers specifically you have, since there are many different "ribbon" drivers. With some true ribbon drivers the foil conductor can just be replaced while some others require replacement of the entire driver.
    Radio D1 Ribbon Tweeter.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Gitteeup

we are sorry to hear you have problem with one of our tweeters..

please just contact your dealer and you will get your tweeter repaired for free..

kind regards
    Lars
    Raidho

7. Likes a.wayne, Mike, hoosiertom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's superb support from Raidho, unconditional with no questions even asked!