Thales Tonearm - Page 7
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Thales Tonearm

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thales Tonearm

Very nice. Haven't listened to a Lyra for a while. Too engrossed with my Benz LP-S

Post Thanks / Like

@byrdparis: I have looked for your review of the Simplicity II in HIFIMUSIC.CO.IL. Unfortunately I am not able to read it because of the used language. Is there any other source in the internet with an English version of your review?

Post Thanks / Like

Another question: Is it worth to think about an alternative tonearm cable. I have chosen the original Thales direct wiring tonearm cable. I use the following other gear:

- Tom Evans Preamp
    - Vitus Audio SIA-025 + SS-025
    - Gauder Berlina RC 8

Thank´s in advance for your feed back.
    Last edited by AlterEgo; Today at 02:58 AM. Reason: devices added

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    Another question: Is it worth to think about an alternative tonearm cable. I have chosen the original Thales direct wiring tonearm cable. I use the following other gear:

- Tom Evans Preamp
    - Vitus Audio SIA-025 + SS-025
    - Gauder Berlina RC 8

Thank´s in advance for your feed back.
    There is nothing wrong with the Thales tonearm cable. I preferred my Nordost Valhalla. If you heard the tonearm with the Thales cable, you already know how it sounds.

Are you buying the Thales turntable or ??
    Source: TW Raven AC-3 - Thales Simplicity II, Graham Phantom, Exclusive P3 and P10,Technics SL-1000MK3D,Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas, Etna SL, Delos, Dynavector XV-1s,Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon ESC'd 103R, DL-S1, Audio Technica AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika
    Phono Stage: TW Acustik phono, Accuphase C-37, Esoteric E-03
    EQ: ​DEQX HDP-4
    Preamp: conrad johnson GAT,
    Amps: conrad johnson teflon premier 8a's, D'Agostino Momentum Stereo
    Speakers: Wilson Maxx3

Post Thanks / Like

Thank´s XV-1 for your fast and clear reply. I heard the tonearm without the direct wiring version and what I heard I liked very much. With the direct wiring cable version I think it will be one step forward. Your answer in any case is helping me to bring down my update fever. :-)

PS: Yes, I ordered the Simplicity II with the TT Compact II and the EMT JSD S75. Only the Preamp isn´t fixed finally. In the test scenario at my home I listened to the Tom Evans GroovePlus SRX mkII and it sounded very well and harmonized perfectly with the Thales/EMT-combination. Nevertheless I want to audition the big brother, the Mastergroove in addition.

6. Likes XV-1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    Thank´s XV-1 for your fast and clear reply. I heard the tonearm without the direct wiring version and what I heard I liked very much. With the direct wiring cable version I think it will be one step forward. Your answer in any case is helping me to bring down my update fever. :-)

PS: Yes, I ordered the Simplicity II with the TT Compact II and the EMT JSD S75. Only the Preamp isn´t fixed finally. In the test scenario at my home I listened to the Tom Evans GroovePlus SRX mkII and it sounded very well and harmonized perfectly with the Thales/EMT-combination. Nevertheless I want to audition the big brother, the Mastergroove in addition.
    Yes, the direct wiring should be a little better. with tonearm cables, you could be testing and spending money forever for small differences. the tonearm makse the largest difference imo.

enjoy your new table - it will be awesome.
    Source: TW Raven AC-3 - Thales Simplicity II, Graham Phantom, Exclusive P3 and P10,Technics SL-1000MK3D,Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas, Etna SL, Delos, Dynavector XV-1s,Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon ESC'd 103R, DL-S1, Audio Technica AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika
    Phono Stage: TW Acustik phono, Accuphase C-37, Esoteric E-03
    EQ: ​DEQX HDP-4
    Preamp: conrad johnson GAT,
    Amps: conrad johnson teflon premier 8a's, D'Agostino Momentum Stereo
    Speakers: Wilson Maxx3

8. Thanks AlterEgo thanked for this post

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7