Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

RAVE - November 12 - Princeton NJ - Start Time - 1PM

Time to have a RAVE with both Lampizator and GTAudio Works. I am planning the RAVE a bit differently this time. My primary system will remain identical initially and later we can start swapping equipment in and out of the setup.

Primary System Located in Basement

Speakers: Zu Audio Druid V
    Amp: Triode Lab / Finale 2a3 SET (Sovtek / Shuguang 2a3, RCA/GE/Russian NOS 6sn7/6hc8, 5v4/gz32 rectifier tube)
    Amp: Response Audio 3205 Extreme (el34/kt88/kt77/6550 power tubes, 12ax7 and 12at7 as preamp, phase splitter)
    Amp: Folsom Audio 7297 DIY amp
    Preamp: 4P1L DIY Preamp or Gary Dodd Unity 6H30pi Preamp
    DAC: Lampizator Gen4.5 with DSD128 and 384K PCM
    PC Audio Receiver: Either a Win10 or Linux system running Signalyst NAA (Network Audio Adapter)
    Audio Music Player: Win10 based Signalyst HQPlayer converting everything over to DSD128 (the server has enough juice left to upconvert everything over to DSD256 or potentially DSD512)
    CD/SACD - Pioneer Elite DV59ai

The second set of speakers will be in the family room and they are going to be GTAudio Works speakers.
    I will let Fred (Gopher) or Rob provide information the Lampizator equipment that they will bring along and will update the GTAudioworks information as I get them.

Even though the event is listed in the Lampizator it is open to everyone. Either send me a pm or post in the thread so I can have a head count.

If you have never been to our house please keep couple of house rules in mind - no alcohol or meat dishes will be served and please take off your shoes (feel free to bring house shoes/sandals). You break the rules I end up in the dog house and no more events

If you are looking for used CD/Vinyl you might want to stop at Princeton Record Exchange which is 10 minutes from the house and close to the Princeton University.

Here are some of the previous RAVE that we have hosted:

Zu Audio 2010
    Melody Hi Fi / Angel City Audio 2012
    Zu Audio 2012
    Lampizator 2013
    Small Gathering 2015

Re: RAVE - October 22nd - Princeton NJ - Start Time - 1PM

Can I bring some tofu and non-alcoholic beer?
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Reviewer for Positive Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    Can I bring some tofu and non-alcoholic beer?
    Bring the non-alcoholic beer. No need to bring any food. Usually we have plenty of food.

Thanks for hosting this event, Deepak! I know we will have a great time.

I'll likely bring an Atlantic, as I know that's a piece people are curious about and also a new Amber 2 and likely a Golden Gate. We'll also plan on lugging over a Komputer or two.

Should be a great time. I hope to see many of you there!

Fred
    Purpose Built Listening Room: Intuitive Audio Design Gamma Summit Speakers, Gallo CLS-10 subwoofers (2), LampizatOr Pacific, LampizatOr Super Komputer, Musical Concepts Haffler DH-500 (Ultra Elite package), Theorem Acoustics Wave bridge power conditioner, Cables by Theorem Acoustics, Dynamic Deisgn & cables, Verastarr. Room design by Dale Pitcher.

Family Room Rig: Vapor Audio Stiff Breeze, LampizatOr Golden Atlantic, LampizatOr Super Komputer, Musical Design D-75B (with John Hillig's PA-6 upgrades), Pi Audio Uberbuss, Dynamic Design reference cables, Danacable USB.

Industry Affiliation............North American Distributor of LampizatOr Audio.

www.lampizatorna.com

Links to Lampizator DAC that are likely to put in an apperance.

Atlantic DAC

Amber II DAC

Golden Gate DAC

GTAudio Works will be bring along the following

Source .....JVC 1050 CD player
    Pre amp.... PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium
    Amps....... Paradox Pulse 100 wpc monos class AB solid state, single pair of Mosfet outputs.
    Wiring...... Paradox pulse interconnect and speaker wire.
    Speakers....GTA3R Planar ribbon 2 way speakers
    Subs........Sound Insight SI-200 2x12" open baffle powered subs.

Information on the various speaker options available from GTAudio Works
    GTA3r is the flagship model 78" tall
    GTA2r is a smaller mid priced version 53" tall
    The GTA2&3r have sub woofer options including sealed box, OB, or TL design.
    GTA1r is an entry level model with built in sealed sub.

Change in plans. Just heard from Greg @ GTAudio Works and he will not be able to attend due to other commitments on Oct. 22nd.

I still plan to have a 2nd setup just need to find something to use speaker wise :-), may have to use my AV123 X-Statik's

I am rescheduling the RAVE from Oct. 22nd to Nov. 12th. Hopefully, all the folks that were planning to attend or were on the fence can still attend.

Re: RAVE - November 12 - Princeton NJ - Start Time - 1PM

Weekly bump.

I've got a balanced Atlantic with tube rectification and superclock upgrades burning in now for this event. We should have a great time!
    Purpose Built Listening Room: Intuitive Audio Design Gamma Summit Speakers, Gallo CLS-10 subwoofers (2), LampizatOr Pacific, LampizatOr Super Komputer, Musical Concepts Haffler DH-500 (Ultra Elite package), Theorem Acoustics Wave bridge power conditioner, Cables by Theorem Acoustics, Dynamic Deisgn & cables, Verastarr. Room design by Dale Pitcher.

Family Room Rig: Vapor Audio Stiff Breeze, LampizatOr Golden Atlantic, LampizatOr Super Komputer, Musical Design D-75B (with John Hillig's PA-6 upgrades), Pi Audio Uberbuss, Dynamic Design reference cables, Danacable USB.

www.lampizatorna.com

Fred- you guys at RMAF this week?
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ EMT HSD-006 cart, MSB Reference DAC --> Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL --> Ampzilla 2000, 2nd Edition --> Fyne Audio F1-12

Unfortunately not, man. There was just too much uncertainty surrounding this years RMAF to commit.

Would have been cool to catch up again. Have an after hours brew for me and I'll catch you next rodeo.

www.lampizatorna.com

Folks, if you are in the area or even from out of town come join us. If you are coming from out of town and plan to stay overnight search for hotels in 08540 area. I am about 10 minutes north of Princeton University.

I would like to thank Merrill @ Merrilll Audio for letting me borrow his new stereo amp based on Hypex NCore 500 called Taranis for the GTG.

The second set of speakers will be Spatial Audio and he is sending us Hologram M4 Turbo S

If you plan to attend and have not responded can you let me know by Nov. 5th so I can ensure that I have correct head count for food and drinks.

Contact information sent to everyone who has shown interest in attending. Let me know if I missed anyone.

Pictures posted by Lukasz on the Lampizator Facebook Page.

Pictures taken by Robert L. Feneran who granted me permission to share.

Okay nice pics. We don't get a write up?
    GIK Room Treatments>CAPS4 Pipeline (Roon + HQP)>microRendu> (LPS-1 power supply)>Mytek 192 DSD DAC>Odyssey Kismet (Khartago case) stereo amp>Devore Gibbon Nines.
    Isol-8 MiniSub Axis Power Filtering and protection. Also Dual 506 refurbished TT (not in use); 2 SBTouch; SB Boom.

I did not get much of a chance to listen and compare especially the setup downstairs with the 211 mono blocks and Zu Druid. Overall, the sound on the Atlantic was a big step up from my Lampizator L4.5. I did get a chance to listen to the setup in the family room with Spatial M3, Atlantic and Merrill Audio's Thor. The sound was wide and deep and there was music all over in the large room (vaulted ceilings from 10' to 19') with opening to kitchen.

Everytime after hosting I say to myself that I should make more effort to listen to the setup but so far it has not worked out as planned

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

RAVE - November 12 - Princeton NJ - Start Time - 1PM