Entreq Ground Boxes & Cables - Page 6
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Entreq Ground Boxes & Cables

Quote Originally Posted by Elescher View Post
    Jim,

i wasn't aware that the battery PSU could be unplugged for listening pleasure. Do you do this at home too, or just at shows? Big/small difference IYO?

Thanks!

Steve
    I always do it.
    MBP (2), stripped down for music only; Curious USB; PS Audio LanRover; Audioquest Diamond ethernet; REGEN w/short Curious USB links; Berkeley Alpha USB; Audioquest Diamond AES; Schiit Yggdrasil; Ayre QB-9 DSD; Ayre Codex; ASR Emitter II Exclusive; all electronics on Grand Prix Audio stands; mass-loaded Tannoy Canterburys on custom stands; Outboard Duelund xover bypassing internal Tannoy xover & Tannoy EQ; bi-wired with Duelund DCA16GA speaker cables; mass-loaded REL 212 SEs; Duelund DCA20GA ICs; Stealth Dream PCs; dedicated custom room; various room treatments; etc.

www.getbettersound.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mauidan View Post
    Jim,

The Entreq grounding boxes have nothing to do with "safety AC grounding," they connect to "signal ground."

As I'm sure you know, in some components signal ground is connected to safety AC grounding, and is easy to determine with a multi-meter.

Thanks! Frankly, I was unaware of how they worked so I probably should have kept quiet.
    MBP (2), stripped down for music only; Curious USB; PS Audio LanRover; Audioquest Diamond ethernet; REGEN w/short Curious USB links; Berkeley Alpha USB; Audioquest Diamond AES; Schiit Yggdrasil; Ayre QB-9 DSD; Ayre Codex; ASR Emitter II Exclusive; all electronics on Grand Prix Audio stands; mass-loaded Tannoy Canterburys on custom stands; Outboard Duelund xover bypassing internal Tannoy xover & Tannoy EQ; bi-wired with Duelund DCA16GA speaker cables; mass-loaded REL 212 SEs; Duelund DCA20GA ICs; Stealth Dream PCs; dedicated custom room; various room treatments; etc.

www.getbettersound.com

Post Thanks / Like

Another endorsement of Entreq grounding boxes. My tube power amp and tube preamp are connected to a Poseiden via Apollo cables. What I have heard in my system is a larger & fuller soundstage, more tonal colour and a more engaging sound - with no loss of dynamics. I consider the money well spent.

4. Likes cmarin, Mike liked this post
    Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pallen View Post
    Another endorsement of Entreq grounding boxes. My tube power amp and tube preamp are connected to a Poseiden via Apollo cables. What I have heard in my system is a larger & fuller soundstage, more tonal colour and a more engaging sound - with no loss of dynamics. I consider the money well spent.
    Agreed. I haven't taken mine out of the system.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, Ansuz Cables, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bryston, Chord, ClearAudio Turntables & Accessories, Crystal Cable, ELAC, Entreq, Esoteric, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Gryphon Audio, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, KEF Loudspeakers, Kimber Kable, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, KR Audio Tube & Amps, Kronos, Lampizator, Lumin, Magico Loudspeakers, MicroMega, MIT Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Raidho Loudspeakers, Rega Turntables, REL Acoustics, Shunyata Research, Siltech, Small Green Computer Company, Solid Tech Racks, SRA, Stein Music, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, Tannoy Loudspeakers, Tellurium Q Cables, Transfiguration Cartridges, Trenner & Friedl, Triode Corporation of Japan, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, Vivid Audio Loudspeakers, VPI Industries, WyWyres Cables, ZYX Cartridges.

www.suncoastaudio.com
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Post Thanks / Like

Reading through this thread, there seems to be confusion as to using Entreq with Vitus, as far as I know Vitus owners are using Entreq without problems? Can somebody clear this up.

My own experience with using Entreq on a one day trial, was very positive. We started at the digital end with a Olympus Maximus connected to the fidata server and then went through upgrading the cables. Every stage was a positive. Moving to the Tallus 2 was slightly better I think, but I need to double check this? We then introduced the Poseidon, connecting the Mola Mola pre/dac to the centre post and the negative amp terminals separately to the two outer terminals. All the positive aspects of a clean back ground, more space around the instruments, more natural top end, better bass definition, were intensified with this set up. Highly recommended.

PS Should add that the Everest’s had a positive result as well.
    UK audio dealer for: Mola Mola, Boenicke, Lumin,fidata, HiDiamond, Vovox, SST, Nord, Bybee, SteinMusic, AQVOX.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi , I use the Poseidon with my Vitus amp , have hid no problem . Only positives.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alto View Post
    We then introduced the Poseidon, connecting the Mola Mola pre/dac to the centre post and the negative amp terminals separately to the two outer terminals......................................... ........
    Is there any continuity between the three terminals?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedskater View Post
    Is there any continuity between the three terminals?
    No in the Poseidon they are totally independent.
    Amazon 1 / Morch DP6- 12" / Air Tight PC1 / Audio Research PH-7 /Lumin A1 Network Player + Kenneth Lau LPSU /Melco N1ZH60-2 / Audio Research Ref 5 SE /Constellation Inspiration 1.0 Stereo / Rockport Atria I / MIT Magnum MA (Speakers and XLR) / AudioQuest Diamond XLR /AudioQuest Diamond and Cinnamon RJ45 Cables / Shunyata Denali 6000 T / Isotek and Shunyata Power Cables /Kenneth Lau LPSU for Aqvox Switch / Kenneth Lau LPSU for Router / Stillpoints Ultra SS and Mini / Entreq Silver product

Post Thanks / Like

If the three terminals are all independent, then it will be safe. Just like connecting 3 independent insulated wires. Although some audiophiles call that 'Groundside Electronics'. All a wire connected at only one end can do is act as an antenna.

Post Thanks / Like

What they tell you from Vitus, is exactly like what the Constellation technical service told me: If I plugged the negative terminals of my amplifier into two Silver Minimus boxes, the amplifier, "kaputt".
    Frankly I did not understand it, but I still did not dare. Until a guy from WBF sent a picture of his stereo Centaur, with the terminals connected to two Silver Minimus boxes, then I decided to do it. And ... nothing happened. Well, something happened, my system sounded better. Many manufacturers hear the word Earth, and they no longer want to hear anything more than you explain, say NO.
    On the other hand I have to say that in my experience with Entreq boxes, the connection of these to free signal outputs (RCA, XLR, USB, RJ45), has always improved the sound. However, this has not been the case when I have connected the chassis ground terminals (on those devices that have them).
    Amazon 1 / Morch DP6- 12" / Air Tight PC1 / Audio Research PH-7 /Lumin A1 Network Player + Kenneth Lau LPSU /Melco N1ZH60-2 / Audio Research Ref 5 SE /Constellation Inspiration 1.0 Stereo / Rockport Atria I / MIT Magnum MA (Speakers and XLR) / AudioQuest Diamond XLR /AudioQuest Diamond and Cinnamon RJ45 Cables / Shunyata Denali 6000 T / Isotek and Shunyata Power Cables /Kenneth Lau LPSU for Aqvox Switch / Kenneth Lau LPSU for Router / Stillpoints Ultra SS and Mini / Entreq Silver product

12. Likes Mike liked this post

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast