Entreq Ground Boxes & Cables - Page 10
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Entreq Ground Boxes & Cables

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lavigne View Post
    +1.

these type products are not universally plug and play. it's always easy to be negative on things you don't understand.

I use both Entreq and Tripoint grounding products in my system. and it was not until I completed my room tuning that these products really made significant differences in performance. these products are not a band aid on room issues, they are enhancements and accents in a mature finely tuned system. they lower noise floors, enhance note development, add bass articulation, and increase degrees of musical cohesion.

if you feel you have your system sounding 'right'; then these grounding products can take you further.
    It's also quite easy to be positive about things you don't understand-especially when other people in the herd tell you that you should be positive.
    Technics SP-10MKII table in custom plinth with custom power supply made by Peter Noerbaek of PBN, SME 312s arm, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Zesto Andros 1.2 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, laptop music server running JRiver 20, Mytek Stereo 192 DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, NOLA KO speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and a pair of Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    I think Dan's response was a bit tongue in cheek. Why are we talking about "acoustic wave-launch" in a thread about Entreq Ground Boxes & Cables? They either make your system "better" or they don't and reducing or eliminating the effects of a "bad" ground scheme is independent of what Jim's business model is all about.
    I did not read Dan's comment that way. it seemed he was wondering whether Entreq grounding products related to headphone listening, since obviously Jim's 'wave launch' comment was not relevant to headphones. and as I had had considerable experience with higher end headphones and grounding I felt I had a contribution to make.

these grounding products are not about fixing bad ground schemes. they are about enhancing the degree of grounding's benefit to circuits. you take a circuit ground and provide it a more effective ground. it's about lowering EMI/RF in degrees, and calming power supplies.

a mature system working well in a room can be tweaked in various ways, whether it's better resonance control, or better power grid tweaks, or grounding enhancements. this is not to say any of these issues show that something is broken to begin with, only that there is more progress than can be made in certain areas......if your mind is open to these possibilities and you are in the mood to try them. and if you would rather leave well enough alone, then no worries.

and Jim's comments, which I completely agree with, is that tweaking the signal path of a system which has significant room-speaker set-up and acoustic issues is a bit chasing your tail as you don't know what is causing what. a certain maturity needs to be achieved in a system for deeper tweaking type benefits to be revealed. the lower the noise and higher the resolution of a system, the more ROI one gets from any tweaking. sure; Jim's business is the whole system set-up stuff, so he does know about the order of approach and priority pretty good. he was just trying to be helpful.

3. Thanks Jim Smith thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's also quite easy to be positive about things you don't understand-especially when other people in the herd tell you that you should be positive.
    Mark, have a nice day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lavigne View Post
    Mark, have a nice day.
    Thanks Mike! You too!
    Technics SP-10MKII table in custom plinth with custom power supply made by Peter Noerbaek of PBN, SME 312s arm, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Zesto Andros 1.2 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, laptop music server running JRiver 20, Mytek Stereo 192 DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, NOLA KO speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and a pair of Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Post Thanks / Like

That type of exchange is what makes AS "The friendliest audio forum"!

Post Thanks / Like

I think Dan's response was a bit tongue in cheek. Why are we talking about "acoustic wave-launch" in a thread about Entreq Ground Boxes & Cables? They either make your system "better" or they don't and reducing or eliminating the effects of a "bad" ground scheme is independent of what Jim's business model is all about.
    Mark,

Here's an old thread with some good info on this subject:

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussio...ghlight=Entreq

Pay close attention to atmasphere (Ralph)'s posts.
    Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mauidan View Post
    Mark,

Here's an old thread with some good info on this subject:

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussio...ghlight=Entreq

Pay close attention to atmasphere (Ralph)'s posts.
    Dan-I tried to slog through it all and I think I read everything that Ralph posted. I understand Ralph's position as it's grounded (pun intended) in science. I really need to bow out of this thread because I don't own these products and nor have I heard them in my system.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10