Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MPod stand for Magico M3's

Our new M3's should be arriving in the next few weeks. They will have the newly announced QPod foundation platforms installed at the factory and be ready to go once they arrive.

The MPod's are a new designed Pod for the M3 MPOD 3-PT STAND. The MPOD is much larger and designed to support very heavy products.

Btw, we finally received our demo S1II's. I've heard them at shows, but was totally shocked, right out of the box at how close they sound to the S5II or S7's. Yes, less bass extension, but you don't even notice it on most music. As others have noted they are quite something especially at their price point.

Attached Images Attached Images

Audioshark

QPod stand for Magico M3's

Congrats on the S1 mk2's. They are fantastic.

I also added the new MPod stand for my demo M3's. Based on the information provided by Magico, on the M3 MPOD 3-PT stand seems like a good investment.

For those interested, MSRP is $9,600/pair for the new M3 MPOD 3-PT stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Re: QPod stand for Magico M3's

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Congrats on the S1 mk2's. They are fantastic.

I also added the new MPod stand for my demo M3's. Based on the information provided by Magico, on the M3 MPOD 3-PT stand seems like a good investment.

Yes Mike the S1II's are definitely the "real deal". Because of the smaller cabinet size they throw a monitor type soundstage which is shockingly good and holographic. I am smitten

That is one highly engineered, finely crafted stand! I wonder why it is a 3 point stand.
    Le Roy

Austin, Tx : Soulution 520 preamp, 501 mono blocks, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D3.1, Lumin U1, Uptone Audio Modded Mac Mini w/ MMK fanless kit & JS-2 LPS, Regen, Ansuz DTC loom (complete), Oppo 105D, QNAP TS-451+

Chicagoland : Soulution 725 preamp, 711 stereo amp, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D5.1, Naim UnitiServe 2TB, Aurender W-20 Ansuz DTC later generation wire, Teac X1000 R2R, QNAP TS-451+

Foundation:
    Raidho Rack system, Ansuz DTC Mainz8, Ansuz (2) Supreme Mainz D8 Distribution, 20 amp dedicated outlets via subpanel

Re: MPod stand for Magico M3's

Do the Mpods require the matching stand ?
    Was wondering if the pods could be screwed straight into speakers/racks?

Quote Originally Posted by bobwah View Post
    Do the Mpods require the matching stand ?
    Was wondering if the pods could be screwed straight into speakers/racks?

Currently the only way to purchase MPods is with M3's and the three point stand. Stay tuned for future announcements from Magico regarding different implementations for the MPods.

Hmmm.

Now I understand why Alon does not like Stillpoints under his speakers. I would not either, if I could sell footers for 10 grand instead.

Sorry guys, but that is absolutely insane.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Kuoppis View Post
    Hmmm.

Now I understand why Alon does not like Stillpoints under his speakers. I would not either, if I could sell footers for 10 grand instead.

Stillpoints and MPODS work in completely different manners. Too bad you didn't join us on the tour to see the MPODS completely taken apart, saw the many materials inside, understood the costs of each piece (like the copper which handles the energy), to the "pin" which is removed after the speaker is in place, allowing it to "float", etc. Then frankly, you wouldn't have been so uninformed.

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

The M3 requires a "platform" to be installed on the bottom of the speaker before the "footers" can be used. The $9600 is for factory installation of the platform on the M3. I believe as an introductory incentive the footers are being included with the platform at no additional charge. For the S7 and presumably other Magico models as well, there will be MPOD footers available that install directly on the speaker without the need for a platform. Pricing for the actual MPODs hasn't been announced AFAIK.
    Howard

Pass Labs XS 300's, XS Pre | Berkeley Audio Design Alpha DAC Reference Series 3, Alpha USB Series 2 | Aurender W20SE, ACS10 | Magico S7's with MPOD's, QSub 15 x 2 | Shunyata Denali 2000T x 2 with Sigma HC | Shunyata Everest 8000 w/ Omega XC | MIT Heritage and Oracle Interconnects and speaker cables | Critical Mass Maxxum rack

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by The Sandman View Post
    The M3 requires a "platform" to be installed on the bottom of the speaker before the "footers" can be used. The $9600 is for factory installation of the platform on the M3. I believe as an introductory incentive the footers are being included with the platform at no additional charge. For the S7 and presumably other Magico models as well, there will be MPOD footers available that install directly on the speaker without the need for a platform. Pricing for the actual MPODs hasn't been announced AFAIK.
    To clarify, the expensive is definitely in the MPOD's and not the platform. The way in which MPOD's deal with energy, allowing it to naturally dissipate and not get returned into the device is brilliant and to see an MPOD take apart, makes you completely appreciate the intricate machining and brilliant engineering that went into it. To see them pull the pin and see how it floats and everything inside and how it manages all that energy that is produced, is really something. Each piece, carefully machined inside and all of the parts working together.

6 MPOD's, two platforms, yup, I now understand why it costs what it costs.

To clarify, the expensive is definitely in the MPOD's and not the platform. The way in which MPOD's deal with energy, allowing it to naturally dissipate and not get returned into the device is brilliant and to see an MPOD take apart, makes you completely appreciate the intricate machining and brilliant engineering that went into it. To see them pull the pin and see how it floats and everything inside and how it manages all that energy that is produced, is really something. Each piece, carefully machined inside and all of the parts working together.

6 MPOD's, two platforms, yup, I now understand why it costs what it costs.
    Thanks for the clarification Mike. Out of curiosity, why does M3 need the platform (i.e. why not just mount the footers to the base without a platform)?
    Howard

Pass Labs XS 300's, XS Pre | Berkeley Audio Design Alpha DAC Reference Series 3, Alpha USB Series 2 | Aurender W20SE, ACS10 | Magico S7's with MPOD's, QSub 15 x 2 | Shunyata Denali 2000T x 2 with Sigma HC | Shunyata Everest 8000 w/ Omega XC | MIT Heritage and Oracle Interconnects and speaker cables | Critical Mass Maxxum rack

I specifically asked about pods for the S series and Alon said it would be cost prohibitive and has no plans of offering it.

Speakers - Magico S5mk2 Integrated - Vitus SIA-025 Analog - Vpi Prime Signature/Ortofon Cadenza Bronze Digital - Lumin A1
    Power - Shunyata Denali 6000S/Alpha HC/Alpha Digital Cables - Kimber KS-6063/Nordost Frey IC

Quote Originally Posted by bthomas9 View Post
    I specifically asked about Mpods for the S series and Alon said it would be cost prohibitive and has no plans of offering it.
    I guess their facebook page is wrong then - they show a photo of the S7 with MPODs and titled "The S7 supported by the new MPODS". https://www.facebook.com/MagicoLLC/

Maybe they changed their minds?
    Howard

I guess their facebook page is wrong then - they show a photo of the S7 with MPODs and titled "The S7 supported by the new MPODS". https://www.facebook.com/MagicoLLC/

Maybe they changed their minds?
    Very weird...I guess I did MORE specifically ask about the s5 mk2. But I would think if the s7 works the s5 would as well???

Speakers - Magico S5mk2 Integrated - Vitus SIA-025 Analog - Vpi Prime Signature/Ortofon Cadenza Bronze Digital - Lumin A1
    Power - Shunyata Denali 6000S/Alpha HC/Alpha Digital Cables - Kimber KS-6063/Nordost Frey IC

Stillpoints and MPODS work in completely different manners. Too bad you didn't join us on the tour to see the MPODS completely taken apart, saw the many materials inside, understood the costs of each piece (like the copper which handles the energy), to the "pin" which is removed after the speaker is in place, allowing it to "float", etc. Then frankly, you wouldn't have been so uninformed.
    Again hmmm .

I'm afraid, Mike, my point is unlikely a question of engineering proficiency. The Stillpoints principle and MPODs is in the sense similar, that both are absorption devices. It is ceramic bearings against a selection of layered materials to the same end. Hence, this is less about being uninformed, it is just that I find the cost outrageous.

And regarding your argument about the copper, today's market price for 1 kg of copper is $4,60 when purchased by the ton, about $20,- for a single one kilo bar of 999 copper.

Let me try to explain through another example what I mean. The mathematician running the maths museum in New York calls playing Lottery taxation of the mathematically untalented. Of course, you could argue it is no tax at all, and you would even be right.

Nevertheless a pity I could not join, I am sure it was truly fascinating. As you know, I do have Magicos myself.

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Audioshark

Again hmmm .

I'm afraid, Mike, my point is unlikely a question of engineering proficiency. The Stillpoints principle and MPODs is in the sense similar, that both are absorption devices. It is ceramic bearings against a selection of layered materials to the same end. Hence, this is less about being uninformed, it is just that I find the cost outrageous.

And regarding your argument about the copper, today's market price for 1 kg of copper is $4,60 when purchased by the ton, about $20,- for a single one kilo bar of 999 copper.

Let me try to explain through another example what I mean. The mathematician running the maths museum in New York calls playing Lottery taxation of the mathematically untalented. Of course, you could argue it is no tax at all, and you would even be right.

Nevertheless a pity I could not join, I am sure it was truly fascinating. As you know, I do have Magicos myself.

You don't understand the MPOD's. There is so much misinformation out there. Patience. Details on the MPOD's are coming. Perhaps others who were on the tour can more eloquently explain it to you.

Math away. Get your own machine shop, buy the $500,000 machines, do the engineering, buy the raw materials, hire the employees to man it and build 6 of them with the plates for less. We will be your customers.

Not so easy is it?

Too bad you weren't on the tour, you would be coming away saying, "oh yeah, now I see why they cost what they cost..."

I sell Stillpoints and MPOD's. COMPLETELY different approaches. Stillpoints are about complete isolation and decoupling. What happens when you put stillpoints under a preamp? You isolate it. Where does that energy go? Do you know? It has to go somewhere. We are talking about 50 or 60 cycles PER SECOND. Where does it go? Does it escape into thin air? Does it travel down the rack? If it did that, it wouldn't isolate, would it, and therefore wouldn't be doing the job you bought it for, right? Well, where does the energy go. Think about it and let me know.

When you look at MPOD's and QPOD's, that energy is dissipated through and into the copper with many other types of materials used. Magico does not believe in decoupling, because, why? Where does the energy go? See above. MPOD's are about an effective means to dissipate energy and provide dampening.

Again, you need to see the inside of the MPOD, feel it, touch it, examine it to really understand. MPOD's cost what? Roughly twice the amount as Stillpoints 5/6 when you take out the plate? If you saw the engineering inside, understood the theory behind it, I feel you would have a much better understanding.

Both Stillpoints and MPOD'S/QPOD'S do exactly what they are designed to do - they just approach the same problem with a different solution.

I need to look at that menu from the Magico afterparty again - I missed where it listed the Kool-Aid.
    Howard

Audioshark

I need to look at that menu from the Magico afterparty again - I missed where it listed the Kool-Aid.
    HAHAHA! Point taken, but let's just say, I think 16 of us now have a much great appreciation and understanding - and respect.

Again hmmm .

The large Stillpoints, that from a far do not look nearly as “invested” as the MPods, are over $900 a piece (with floorsaver). That does not seem like a bargain, nor too far off the likely MPods prices, so what is your point? Yes, this is all expensive, but are you going to look at a gold Patek and measured its price by the value of the gold in it? We don't really know much about these feet so I don't understated your argument, just be happy you don't have to wounder what they do, since they do not fit your S3

We did go through a bunch of bottles of wine. Adult Kool-Aid.

Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

Geez, judging by the horses going wild here I am sure there was Kool-Aid on the menu MPod stand for Magico M3's.

Mike, rest absolutely assured there is not a piece of technology on this planet you would understand and I do not. Happy to compare CVs if you like.

But that is not the point, I just find 10 large too much for footers and do not give a thing even if they have flubber inside. I also find the large Stillpoints expensive.

So, shoot me for daring to voice my opinion.

I was going to ask Alon but got talking about something else and I forgot, why a totally inert speaker cabinet like Magico needs feet that dampen - since the cabinet is inert, why wouldn't you want something that isolated that inert cabinet from the outside world.
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

If these work like the Qpods, they are not damping anything...

Seeing the MPODs, I can easily see why they are the price they are.

And without doing comparisons with and without, nobody knows if the price is justified sound wise.
    Jock

---------

Quote Originally Posted by LVB View Post
    The large Stillpoints, that from a far do not look nearly as “invested” as the MPods, are over $900 a piece (with floorsaver). That does not seem like a bargain, nor too far off the likely MPods prices, so what is your point? Yes, this is all expensive, but are you going to look at a gold Patek and measured its price by the value of the gold in it? We don't really know much about these feet so I don't understated your argument, just be happy you don't have to wounder what they do, since they do not fit your S3
    Yeah, well, but then again I do have Magicos, right?

Were any listening comparisons done with and without Mpods? I´m sorry but my initial reaction to the price tag was of shock, they better bring some extraordinary improvements to the sound because at that price there are many DACS, amps etc that will probably do much more. I´m a fan of Magico and their technological prowess by the way but the price of some high end audio components and accesories is an all out attack on common sense.

Mike when you send the Hit Men my way can you please tell them to make it quick?

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Narayan View Post
    Were any listening comparisons done with and without Mpods? I´m sorry but my initial reaction to the price tag was of shock, they better bring some extraordinary improvements to the sound because at that price there are many DACS, amps etc that will probably do much more. I´m a fan of Magico and their technological prowess by the way but the price of some high end audio components and accesories is an all out attack on common sense.

Mike when you send the Hit Men my way can you please tell them to make it quick?
    No comparison, but we spoke with employees who had A/B (for what it's worth). No hit man needed. When you look at things on the surface, it's easy to say "wow". But when you see them up close, see the engineering and parts involved and the machinery to make them, you start realizing, 6 of them and the bases for $9,400 ain't that crazy.

But the point is, you don't HAVE to buy them. If the price bothers people, well then the stock spikes will work just fine. But for those looking to reach optimal performance, it's well worth considering. Not unlike cabling I might add.

Exactly

I think its great that you can buy them with or without.
    Jock

---------

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by the professor View Post
    I was going to ask Alon but got talking about something else and I forgot, why a totally inert speaker cabinet like Magico needs feet that dampen - since the cabinet is inert, why wouldn't you want something that isolated that inert cabinet from the outside world.
    From Magico:

"Nothing on this planet including its "center" is INERT.

The MPOD is designed to channel unwanted oscillation away from or incoming to the enclosure via Constrained Layer Damping which transforms energy into heat without compromising the coupling effect to the floor.

Please let me know if you need more information on this specific topic."

Man I would think something that weighs in a 319 lbs was pretty isolated from incoming sonic interference's, but science is science.

It would be interesting to see how well these Mpods work on a wooden floor like is in a lot of homes with second stories.
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

Good point and thats very true.

From Magico:

"Nothing on this planet including its "center" is INERT.

The MPOD is designed to channel unwanted oscillation away from or incoming to the enclosure via Constrained Layer Damping which transforms energy into heat without compromising the coupling effect to the floor.

Please let me know if you need more information on this specific topic."
    Jock

---------

BTW

If I were to buy M3s, or could upgrade an existing pair of Magicos - I would without question buy the MPODS. You could just see it in the faces of everybody at Magico what a difference they make - it was just so honest and like they had found the wholy grail. They were almost giddy on what they thought of them.

And after seeing the quality and what goes into the MPODS and all - they are NOT a big profit center for Magico. So thats not why they were excited.

Just my $.02
    Jock

---------

Audioshark

From that picture they sure look like some type of special forces grenade with the pin, cool
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post
    From that picture they sure look like some type of special forces grenade with the pin, cool
    Pull the pin and you get an explosion of great sound.

This is the same post I added elsewhere but is more appropriate here. I am unable to delete the other.

It would be interesting to hear a comparison of the M3's with and without the MPOD's. I understand the difficulty in swapping them in and out rapidly and we know our audio memory is short.

Magico must have put a great deal of thought into the design. Both Magico and Wilson have been adamant that Stillpoints are not the answer under their speakers so seeing Magico address the problem with a different design is intriguing.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

Sure, why would you use your own ears if you can just listen to the unbiased opinions of manufacturers, who possibly want to sell you their own accessories?

Here's Michael Fremer commenting in Dec 2015 Stereophile: "... While Wilson Audio Specialties doesn't recommend the use of Stillpoints, I replaced the floor spikes supplied with my Alexandria XLF with Stillpoints' massive Ultra 5 feet ($699 each). There were definitive improvements in bass clarity and in soundstage focus and stability. I'm not going back to the spikes."

Audioshark

Sure, why would you use your own ears if you can just listen to the unbiased opinions of manufacturers, who possibly want to sell you their own accessories?

Here's Michael Fremer commenting in Dec 2015 Stereophile: "... While Wilson Audio Specialties doesn't recommend the use of Stillpoints, I replaced the floor spikes supplied with my Alexandria XLF with Stillpoints' massive Ultra 5 feet ($699 each). There were definitive improvements in bass clarity and in soundstage focus and stability. I'm not going back to the spikes."

I wonder if he still has that configuration. Have at it with A/B with the feet of 300+ pound speakers. I'll sit back and watch. We will start to get a better idea of the effectiveness of the MPODS, once they are available for the S7's and hopefully, the S5 mk2's (there's been no mention of this...likely just wishful thinking on my part).

I tried Stlllpoints under my speakers and I thought it sounded good. I removed them a month later and it sounded better. It is typical in this hobby that change sounds good because it is different. Sometimes it doesn't hold up. In my case Stillpoints were a false illusion.

I've sat is demo's with MF. After hearing him pontificate over mediocre sound I don't have much faith in what he writes.
    Jim

I wonder if he still has that configuration. Have at it with A/B with the feet of 300+ pound speakers. I'll sit back and watch. We will start to get a better idea of the effectiveness of the MPODS, once they are available for the S7's and hopefully, the S5 mk2's (there's been no mention of this...likely just wishful thinking on my part).
    I've got a couple engine hoists if ya need to borrow one for lifting ,

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by cpp View Post
    i've got a couple engine hoists if ya need to borrow one for lifting , :d
    please!

Quote Originally Posted by still-one View Post
    I tried Stlllpoints under my speakers and I thought it sounded good. I removed them a month later and it sounded better. It is typical in this hobby that change sounds good because it is different. Sometimes it doesn't hold up. In my case Stillpoints were a false illusion.

I've sat is demo's with MF. After hearing him pontificate over mediocre sound I don't have much faith in what he writes.
    +1

I had to sit through his “analog ripping” listening session at a show once and watched him marvel himself and the dreadful sonic outcome.
    I couldn’t believe my ears, so yes, not much confidence in anything he says these days…

Well, there are a lots of self-proclaimed gurus no-one cares about.

Hence, still value Fremer's view above yours any day. He at least gets paid money for his opinions. Doubt that is the case with you.

Well, there are a lots of self-proclaimed gurus no-one cares about.

Hence, still value Fremer's view above yours any day. He at least gets paid money for his opinions. Doubt that is the case with you.

You're correct, I was paid not paid to write I was paid to manage a billion dollar business. I don't offer purchasing advice.

Being paid does not make MF competent. Remember 50% of all Doctors/Lawyers graduated in the bottom half of their class.

If you need help in making your purchasing decisions, you may need different hobby.

I take it your one of MF's vinyl ocelots.

Jim

You're correct, I was paid not paid to write I was paid to manage a billion dollar business. I don't offer purchasing advice.

Being paid does not make MF competent. Remember 50% of all Doctors/Lawyers graduated in the bottom half of their class.

If you need help in making your purchasing decisions, you may need different hobby.

I take it your one of MF's vinyl ocelots.

Excellent post with which I agree 100%.

Maybe you should stick to your business then or go to school to see where you end up on that scale.

LOL at the twists and turns of this thread.

Audiophilia is not a competitive sport.

Audiophilia is not a zero sum game.

Audiophilia may be a incurable disease. Disclaimer: I'm a doctor but I was in the top half of my class.

I hope to try the MPODs on my S7's.

The next round of Kool-Aid is on me.
    Howard

LOL at the twists and turns of this thread.

Audiophilia is not a competitive sport.

Audiophilia is not a zero sum game.

Audiophilia may be a incurable disease. Disclaimer: I'm a doctor but I was in the top half of my class.

I hope to try the MPODs on my S7's.

The next round of Kool-Aid is on me.
    Like your sense of humor, splendid MPod stand for Magico M3's.

And you are absolutely right: it is a bit silly to try to determine which tune sounds best in someone else's ear or which ice cream tastes best in somebody else's mouth.

Maybe you should stick to your business then or go to school to see where you end up on that scale.

I have a post graduate degree and did just fine. Now that I have retired I have no plans on working towards a Phd. Still, thanks for the encouragement.
    Jim

Just to be clear, I am not disparaging lawyers or doctors. I was indicating that "positions" or "jobs" or writers for that matter do not automatically earn respect because of their title.
    Jim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team