Proud owner of the new D1.1 from Tennessee.
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Post Thanks / Like

Proud owner of the new D1.1 from Tennessee.

First of all, Special thanks to Coda Audio Video in San Francisco for making this happen. They were nice enough to sell the speakers to me with a 30 days money back guarantee .

My system consists of the Shindo Aurieges Preamplifier connected to a Convergent Audio JL-2 Tube Amplifier; a Non-Oversampling tube dac as the front end source with Acoustic Zen Cabling.

I was very hesitant at first to spend over 20k on a pair of speakers that I've never auditioned before. As you can imagine, there's not many HIFI dealers in TN. I purchased the speakers based strictly on positive reviews from this forum and other magazines. I figured if I didn't like them I could utilize the return policy.

The break in period will take a while but upon first hooking them up all I was speechless..
    The ribbon tweeter is absolutely phenomenal. Extremely subtle(non-fatiguing, not harsh) and musical. One of the best I've ever heard. The sound is very very coherent from top to bottom; no frequency stands out. Very transparent and disappears(imagine a wall of sound from these small monitors) like a champ. Voices are extremely natural and slightly on the warm side of neutral. There's no way I'm sending these back. Let's see how much they improve after 250 hours or so. Happy Listening.

2. Likes kzhtoo liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proud owner of the new D1.1 from Tennessee.

Welcome to the forum lechrunch, thank you for joining.
    Joe

McIntosh MCLK12, Luxman C900u, Job INTegrated, Accuphase A-36, PS Audio BHK preamp, Cary 300B SE, JBL 4367, Falcon LS3/5a, Sonus Faber Stradivari, Revel Ultima Studio 2, JBL 4312D, Klipsch Palladium P17-b, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, KEF LS50, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber RCA and XLR cable, VPI Classic 3, VPI SDS, Lyra Kleos, Burmester 948, Metric Halo LIO-8, PS Audio DirectStream DAC with Bridge II, Linear Tube Audio MZ2 - MicroZOTL2.0 Preamplifier.

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on a great pair of speakers! Shindo with Raidho, love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, Ansuz Cables, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bryston, Chord, ClearAudio Turntables & Accessories, Esoteric, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Furutech, Gryphon Audio, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, KEF Loudspeakers, Kimber Kable, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, KR Audio Tube & Amps, Kronos, Lampizator, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MicroMega, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, REL Acoustics, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, Siltech, Solid Tech Racks, SRA, Stein Music, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, Tannoy Loudspeakers, Transfiguration Cartridges, Trenner & Friedl, Triode Corporation of Japan, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Post Thanks / Like

I need to borrow them ASAP before my S5 mk 2 land
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: MSB M202
    Digital: Lampi Golden Gate + Lampi DSD Komputer
    Cables: WEL Signature IC / Shunyata Anaconda Z-Tron SC

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum lechrunch.

Raidho, Shindo and CAT is not a combination you read about every day -- so your experience is both unique and interesting! I can imagine you must be enjoying a full bodied presentation to instruments and vocals.

A friend of mine has paired Raidho with
    Atma-Sphere amplification with great effect and I've coupled Raidho with Kondo amplification and VAC amplification with success.

Completely agree with your comment about the Raidho ribbon tweeter being absolutely phenomenal. More resolution courtesy of lower mass and greater surface area (vs. domes used by Magico et. al.) but still silky, non-fatiguing and musical. Many in this forum and elsewhere feel the Raidho tweeter is in a league of its own.

I look forward to reading more from you as the break in process progresses. Congratulations and Happy Listening!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats!

Keep us updated on your journey. Raidho's do have a "tuff" break-in process, so don't let they days that they sound bad get you down. After 500 hours they really shine.
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Lumin U1, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Gryphon Diablo 300 w DAC, Raidho D5, 2 Magico QSub15s, Shunyata Sigma IC/SC/PCs, Denali/Typhon.

Workshop: Lumin U1/Ayre QX-5/20, Border Patrol Pre and Power, Volti Vittora w Volti subs, Triode Wire Labs IC/SC, Shunyata Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

For Sale: