Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Audiophile listening rooms

Have you noticed when you see pictures of fellow audiophiles sound rooms they are usually devoid of wall art, reasonable furniture, knick knacks and such? Most of the time I see an equipment rack and maybe some sound deadening panels or devices. Very spartan and stark to say the least. Is this because these are typically our "man caves" that the wife or significant other have no entry or say? I am not bashing this look just wondering why we never see our rooms decorated like the elaborate rooms in the audio equipment advertisements of what we typically buy. Maybe we spent all our dead presidents on the equipment and have none left for the fluff. Things that make you go hhhhmmmm.
    Marty

Aurender N20 / SonicTransporter i7 / Roon
    MSB Premier
    Constellation Inspiration Preamp 1.0 / Mono 1.0
    Dynaudio Confidence 50 / SVS SB13 Ultra
    PS Audio Powerplant 15

Audioshark

Re: Audiophile listening rooms

Quote Originally Posted by nc42acc View Post
    Have you noticed when you see pictures of fellow audiophiles sound rooms they are usually devoid of wall art, reasonable furniture, knick knacks and such? Most of the time I see an equipment rack and maybe some sound deadening panels or devices. Very spartan and stark to say the least. Is this because these are typically our "man caves" that the wife or significant other have no entry or say? I am not bashing this look just wondering why we never see our rooms decorated like the elaborate rooms in the audio equipment advertisements of what we typically buy. Maybe we spent all our dead presidents on the equipment and have none left for the fluff. Things that make you go hhhhmmmm.
    Pictures (glass frames) = bad.
    Tall big Silk plants and bamboo sticks in a vase = good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Mike we could use canvas art with no glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Pictures (glass frames) = bad.
    Tall big Silk plants and bamboo sticks in a vase = good.

Marty

MSB Premier
    PS Audio Powerplant 15

Audioshark

Mike we could use canvas art with no glass.
    True, but still somewhat reflective

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Well as Mike may know I posted my cave yesterday and it has a LOT of stuff in there as it serves as my office and camera hobby storage room as well. And I do have wall art
    and some knick knack type items. I think certain advice from experts in some forums would lead one to believe just the system, listening chair, and sound absorption/diffusers are the only things one can have in a serious listening space. I subscribe to the notion one can have seriously good sound even in a room full of other things. I am sure my computer puts out a mini-roar..lol.

I will say most rooms that do not close off from the rest of the house is where I would have the issue. For "home theater" ok, but can never get the music sounding right on my lower level all open floor plan.

It is funny all the VPI turntable ads or rooms posted with all the green plants all over. Don't think that would be my style.
    McInotsh MC75 (2) amps
    Audiophonics LPA-S400ET Class D amp
    Marchand XB44 crossover
    McIntosh C2500 pre
    Luxman 505Ux integrated to drive "B" Speakers
    EAT C Sharp with Ortofon Cadenza Blue
    TEAC SD1000/Yamaha SACD Blu Ray player
    Sonus Faber Olympica I
    dual Rythmik sealed subs
    AKG and Sennheiser phones, Feliks headphone amp
    Vintage Pioneer table and Kenwood 3 head tape deck
    Nitty Gritty RCM, and DeGritter
    McIntosh, AQ, Nordost, and Cullen Cables
    Mytek Brooklyn DAC+/Sonare Ultra Rendu, SGC I transporter 5
    Tidal and Roon

I was just discussing with the wife this weekend it might be time to put some art on the walls down in the music room. We purposely designed the space with a mono-chromatic color scheme so future art choices would "pop." But the forest out the window between the speakers serves as pretty damn good art! I have a few hanging sculptures I am considering, and an artist up in the San Juan Islands we've considered commissioning a piece with. (Of course, the new REF 160M amps might be considered works of art art -- so when those arrive the look will change a little! Might also explain why some rooms are sparse as $$ for gear, music, and upgrades trumps $$ for art.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    True, but still somewhat reflective

I had a picture transferred over to a an acoustic art panel at GIK and it works fantastic. I do not want to set in a room like its some operating room to listen to music,Boring to me.

My position, enjoy your music and be very comfortable at the same time. Heck they way some people think we will all be setting in some yoga position on the floor with our equipment at ear level with our eyes closed, with a room so sterile of anything germs would not live there LOL
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post
    I had a picture transferred over to a an acoustic art panel at GIK and it works fantastic. I do not want to set in a room like its some operating room to listen to music,Boring to me.

My position, enjoy your music and be very comfortable at the same time. Heck they way some people think we will all be setting in some yoga position on the floor with our equipment at ear level with our eyes closed, with a room so sterile of anything germs would not live there LOL
    Picture over Aperture, GIK, etc. is a good choice, but I was speaking about a regular picture frame. Not ideal IMO.

Good looking room Bob, very well done. I notice non audiophile furniture and knick knacks to the right side of the room.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobvin View Post
    I was just discussing with the wife this weekend it might be time to put some art on the walls down in the music room. We purposely designed the space with a mono-chromatic color scheme so future art choices would "pop." But the forest out the window between the speakers serves as pretty damn good art! I have a few hanging sculptures I am considering, and an artist up in the San Juan Islands we've considered commissioning a piece with. (Of course, the new REF 160M amps might be considered works of art art -- so when those arrive the look will change a little! Might also explain why some rooms are sparse as $$ for gear, music, and upgrades trumps $$ for art.)

Marty

MSB Premier
    PS Audio Powerplant 15

Thanks Marty. The cabinet to the right is audiophile though... custom build vinyl storage and the drawer faces were included in the acoustic modeling of the space.

Audioshark

Bob - your room is gorgeous. Not sure I've seen many or any better.

Who sits in the perfectly centered chair? Beautiful room!
    Speaker: Rockport Avior & Mira, B&W 803 D
    Amp: Nagra HD Monos, McIntosh Mc303 & 601
    Pre: Nagra HD pre
    Source: Esoteric K-01X & G-01, Aurender W20
    Cable: Transparent Ref Gen 5 SC & Ref XL PC
    Grounding: Tripoint Elite, Thor SE, Emperor Mkii

I have had GIK Art Panels on my walls for many years now.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

Now that's the way to enjoy music A beautiful serene view, awesome setting.
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

My listening rooms are always full of crap, I mean knick knacks. Not to mention, that it seems like there is always an extra amp or DAC sitting around that I have no other space to sit it while I'm demo-ing it in and out of the system.

I love that people have nicely decorated rooms, I've just never been able to achieve that.
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

D
    Mighty fine!

well.....my room is not in the house, it's in my 'man cave' barn.

there are windows with a nice view of a mountain ridge behind my home, but the sound is better with solid inserts in those windows.....so I'm not able to enjoy the view.

the hallway outside my room has art and music related pictures, and windows to my yard and the view, but every item inside the listening room either makes the sound better or is not allowed. decorative stuff sitting around tends to resonate to the music and add to the noise floor when the fur flies. the room does have lots of built in maple hardwood and is a comfortable place to hang for extended periods.

I do have places for 7 people to sit very comfortably and listen for hours, and that happens often. so it's a people place, but very focused. and a month ago I had 30 people in the room for 3 hours for an audio club meeting.

my listening room is exactly what I intended it to be.

upstairs in the barn is where I watch football and other sports. it has a pool table, workout gear and lots of sports posters and memorabilia......windows and knick knacks.

in my house I do have a nice (modest) Home Theater for movies. it has art and windows and is in my wife's domain so has her influence. it fits into the décor of our 'craftsman' style home.

Mike I have seen pictures of your listening "barn". Very cool space for sure. Maybe you can post a picture or two for everyone to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lavigne View Post
    well.....my room is not in the house, it's in my barn.

there are windows with a nice view of a mountain ridge behind my home, but the sound is better with solid inserts in those windows.

the hallway outside my room has art and music related pictures, and windows to my yard and the view, but every item inside the listening room either makes the sound better or is not allowed. decorative stuff sitting around tends to resonate to the music and add to the noise floor when the fur flies. the room does have lots of built in maple hardwood and is a comfortable place to hang for extended periods.

I do have places for 7 people to sit very comfortably and listen for hours, and that happens often. so it's a people place, but very focused. and a month ago I had 30 people in the room for 3 hours for an audio club meeting.

my listening room is exactly what I intended it to be.

upstairs in the barn is where I watch football and other sports. it has a pool table, workout gear and lots of sports posters and memorabilia......windows and knick knacks.

in my house I do have a nice (modest) Home Theater for movies. it has art and windows and is in my wife's domain so has her influence.
    Marty

MSB Premier
    PS Audio Powerplant 15

Mike I have seen pictures of your listening "barn". Very cool space for sure. Maybe you can post a picture or two for everyone to see.
    thank you Marty, for the kind words.

this is from 4 months ago, and there are some changes to gear since then, but the room is the same look.

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Mike,
    That wall of music is awesome...and everything else too.

Dave
    Speaker: Rockport Avior & Mira, B&W 803 D
    Amp: Nagra HD Monos, McIntosh Mc303 & 601
    Pre: Nagra HD pre
    Source: Esoteric K-01X & G-01, Aurender W20
    Cable: Transparent Ref Gen 5 SC & Ref XL PC
    Grounding: Tripoint Elite, Thor SE, Emperor Mkii

Mike a few non reflective paintings and some silk plants and you will have the perfect music room. Thanks for posting these shock and awe pics.

this is from 4 months ago, and there are some changes to gear since then, but the room is the same look.

Marty

MSB Premier
    PS Audio Powerplant 15

Mike a few non reflective paintings and some silk plants and you will have the perfect music room. Thanks for posting these shock and awe pics.
    well......after taking 9 months to painstakingly tune every surface in my room (notice all the cloth wall coverings in strategic places including the ceiling), my opinion is that at the top of the listening room high performance food chain, there are no 'non-reflective' paintings. there are 'less reflective paintings'.

I listen in dim light anyway.

some silk plants might be nice. but as finely tuned as my room is, I'm skeptical that it would be a neutral proposition. I would have to try it. I will consider it.

Mike I was speaking in jest as your room is a truly dedicated sound room for its given purpose and a fine example at that. The silk plants might add a little color though.

well......after taking 9 months to painstakingly tune every surface in my room (notice all the cloth wall coverings in strategic places including the ceiling), my opinion is that at the top of the listening room high performance food chain, there are no 'non-reflective' paintings. there are 'less reflective paintings'.

I listen in dim light anyway.

some silk plants might be nice. but as finely tuned as my room is, I'm skeptical that it would be a neutral proposition. I would have to try it. I will consider it.
    Marty

MSB Premier
    PS Audio Powerplant 15

Mike , where do you plan on putting the AS2000 ..?

One of my two demo rooms.......

Cheers.....
    INDUSTRY AFFILIATION: OWNER/PRESIDENT OF
    QUINTESSENCE ACOUSTICS
    www.quintessenceacoustics.com

MRJAZZ that is a great looking sound room! Silk plants and nice wall artwork......and I bet it sounds fantastic. You guys are inspiring me to get my listening area in order. Thanks for posting your pics.

Quote Originally Posted by MRJAZZ View Post
    One of my two demo rooms.......

Cheers.....
    Marty

MSB Premier
    PS Audio Powerplant 15

That's a barn?? I was ready to see cows and horses.

All kidding aside that is a mighty fine listening room with system to match.
    Paul

Speakers: Von Schweikert VR-5 Anniversary MK II Front L/R, LCR-35 Center, VR-1 Rear L/R Sub: JL Audio F113
    Amps: PS Audio BHK Signature 300 Mono, McIntosh MC207 Pre-Amp PS Audio BHK Signature and Gold Note PH-10 Phono Stage/PSU-10 Power Supply
    Turntable: VPI HR-X 12.7 TONEARM (2) and SDS, Stillpoints LPI
    Tape Deck Otari 5050B II2
    Music Server: Aurender N100H
    Cartridges: Ortofon Cadenza Black, Lyra Helikon Mono Digital Source: Oppo UDP-205 DAC: Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE
    SSP: Marantz AV8801 Cables: Wireworld Electra 7 (P) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7, Shunyata Delta NR (I) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 (S)
    Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 (USB)
    AC Power Regeneration: PS Audio DirectStream P15 Power Plant and Shunyata Denali 6000s V2.

I break all the rules. I have pictures, framed album covers, guitars, a desk, computer, you name it. I also have some acoustic panels strategicly placed. Does all of that impact the sound of my room? Of course. Would I take it all out for the last bit of acoustic perfection? Nah. The room is small and has problems that have nothing to do with the decor. Besides, everything there has a story and it creates a very inviting mood that enhances my listening experience. If I were building from the ground up, would I do it differently? Most likely. But for now, it makes me happy to listen to music in my rule breaking room.
    Amplification: BAT VK-3i, BAT VK-200
    Speakers: Infinity RS7 Kappa
    Analog: Sota Star, SME M2-9, Sound Smith Aida, BAT VK-P5 6 Pak Plus
    Digital: Audirvana/Tidal, Sonos Connect, Denon DCD-1560, Emotiva XDA-1
    Power: ​PS Audio Power Plant Premier
    Cable:Harmonic Technology AC-11 Power, Audio Sensibility Impact SE PC OCC phono, Neotech NEI-3002 PC OCC balanced Interconnects, Acoustic Zen Satori PC OCC speaker cable.

Hi Bob.
    I do not know if that window overlooking the forest is good for the sound (I guess not) but it is such a beautiful sight .....
    Francisco

Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref. MKII / Taiko Extreme Server / Gryphon Essence Preamplifier and Stereo Amplifier / Rockport Atria I / REL S-812 (2) / Göbel XLR (2), Göbel Ethernet and USB Cables / MIT Magnum MA Speakers Cables / Shunyata Everest 8000 / Shunyata Omega XC (1), Sigma NR V2 (4) and Alfa NR V1 (2) / Taiko Switch / Paul Hynes SR7T Double Rail / Farad Super3 / Doepke DFS-2 40A / GigaWatt G-C16A 2P / Fuse module AHP 4Gi / Center Stage2 0.8, 1.0 and 1.5

I chose a monochromatic room with blank walls. all of the acoustic treatment are floor to ceiling. For me, my preferance is nothing extra as a distraction away from the music.
    Synology 1019D+ - SGC Sonictransporter I9 w Roon/HQ Player- UltraRendu- PBD Stream IF to Playback Designs MPS5 via fiber optic - ARC 40th Anniversary Pre - ARC 610 T's - Martin Logan CLX's - 4 Martin Logan Depth i Subs - Shunyata Hydra, DIY PCOCC interconnects, speaker cables and power cords with Furutech terminations. Blue Jeans CAT 6's. Acoustically treated room with one permanent chair.

Quote Originally Posted by nonesup View Post
    Hi Bob.
    I do not know if that window overlooking the forest is good for the sound (I guess not) but it is such a beautiful sight .....
    The acoustician who modeled the room said she could deal with one reflective surface. Notice the curtains, they are lined with a single layer of Lumitex acoustic fabric. The curtain fabric itself was included in the modeling. The folds create absorption and diffusion. The concensus amoungst my audio buddies is the sound is a little better with the curtains as they are. If the rear of the room is open (large parties) I draw the curtains in front, or at least lower the sheers. My thread has lots of details of the room remodel Starting Point - Bob's new room and Alexia's new home

I considered an even greater assault on the space, ala Mike L, but alas it is prudent to reserve some $$ for when I am old(er) and grey(er)!

What a magnificent transformation Bob. Some art in those alcoves with the can lights would look great. I need to start an audiophile art dealer business. Tasteful art that doesn’t cause sound room issues.

The acoustician who modeled the room said she could deal with one reflective surface. Notice the curtains, they are lined with a single layer of Lumitex acoustic fabric. The curtain fabric itself was included in the modeling. The folds create absorption and diffusion. The concensus amoungst my audio buddies is the sound is a little better with the curtains as they are. If the rear of the room is open (large parties) I draw the curtains in front, or at least lower the sheers. My thread has lots of details of the room remodel Starting Point - Bob's new room and Alexia's new home

I considered an even greater assault on the space, ala Mike L, but alas it is prudent to reserve some $$ for when I am old(er) and grey(er)!
    Marty

MSB Premier
    PS Audio Powerplant 15

MRJAZZ that is a great looking sound room! Silk plants and nice wall artwork......and I bet it sounds fantastic. You guys are inspiring me to get my listening area in order. Thanks for posting your pics.
    Here’s the other demo room.

Cheers......
    INDUSTRY AFFILIATION: OWNER/PRESIDENT OF
    QUINTESSENCE ACOUSTICS
    www.quintessenceacoustics.com

I used a family room that was never used and transformed this into my primary get away room and also to have family and friends spend some time listing to music, watching movie and also having fun! The room has dedicated 20 amp power, Furutech outlets and Control 4 on everything but my 2 Channel with Vicoustic panels in the wall making a difference.

Recently I changed the lights to LED to address the heat from the amps and people, it helped with the heat but does make things look artificial like. The room is air air-conditioned on a multi zoned system. There is extensive solid cherry crown, wanes coating and cabinets with its own mini-bar, counter and sink.

With no windows, it feels like Vegas coming out of the Casinos at dawn in my younger years.

There are two systems: reference and theater. The reference system sounds really good and detailed under my name. The foundation has been addressed, along with audio network switch. Truthfully, I don’t watch all that much and for what I have it works and have no plans upgrading the Integra, Focal, and Vienna Acoustic setup. The JL 112v2 Subwoofer is on the theater. All cabling is Nordost, Mechanical Stillpoints under the amp and center channel. HRS Nimbus under the Focal which did make a difference.

I realize while acoustically treated, there are still reflection points and plan on trying Stillpoint apertures above the couch over the Vicoustic which they drawn up for me.

Anyway, Happy Listening to All!

Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

That's very good, but my point is that the vision you have is so extraordinary that even if you lose some sound quality it would be worth it. Sincerely you have achieved a listening environment, really extraordinary for what my aesthetic tastes are. Congratulations.
    Francisco

Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref. MKII / Taiko Extreme Server / Gryphon Essence Preamplifier and Stereo Amplifier / Rockport Atria I / REL S-812 (2) / Göbel XLR (2), Göbel Ethernet and USB Cables / MIT Magnum MA Speakers Cables / Shunyata Everest 8000 / Shunyata Omega XC (1), Sigma NR V2 (4) and Alfa NR V1 (2) / Taiko Switch / Paul Hynes SR7T Double Rail / Farad Super3 / Doepke DFS-2 40A / GigaWatt G-C16A 2P / Fuse module AHP 4Gi / Center Stage2 0.8, 1.0 and 1.5

But the forest out the window between the speakers serves as pretty damn good art!
    That and the cat, awesome.

Beautiful rooms all...thank you for posting!
    Legacy Audio Valor+Wavelet v2, Esoteric S-02 Amps HDPlex 300W, RevAudio Labs DC Umbilical, Esoteric Grandioso P1, P1PSU & dual D1 DACs, Cybershaft Prem Ltd OP21A 10 MHz Clock, Esoteric C-02X, Shunyata Everest 8000 & Altaira SG-NR hubs, Sigma SGC/CGC ground cables, VTX-Ag ground tails, AfterBurner8 duplexes, CSP Inc Q4B, S2B IEC plates, Shunyata Omega CLOCK-50 cables, Tubulus Concentus HDMI, Elrod Master Series Diamond SE & Masters Series Gold Power cords and Statement Gold XLRs, Diamond XLRs & Master Series Diamond XLRs, Shunyata OMEGA QR-s power cable, Anaconda Z-tron XLR, Elrod Statement Gold speaker cables, Adona Zero GX3, GX2, GX racks, Composite Audio CF-2010, Townshend Audio Podiums, HRS DPX Damping Plates, Stillpoints Ultra SS w/Ultra Bases, pArtScience 64-well, 2D QRD 3-inch SpaceArray Diffusors

Travel/Rip: Apple MacBook Pro 16” 2023 M2 Max, 12-core CPU, 38-core GPU, 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD for Audirvana+ v3, iTunes, REW Audio Analyzer, dbPowerAmp, DVD Audio Extractor

IMG_0266.jpgOk
    D'Agostino Momentum HD Pre
    D'Agostino Momentum Phono Pre
    D'Agostino Momentum M400 MxV x 3
    D'Agostino Momentum S250

dCS Vivaldi Apex DAC
    dCS Vivaldi Upsampler
    dCS Vivaldi Clock

Wilson Audio Alexia 2, Yvette, Mezzo

REL No.31 x 2
    REL Carbon Special x 2

AVID Acutus Reference SP (SME series V, Ortofon A95), Roon Nucleus+

McIntosh MX151, McIntosh MVP881, Oppo BDP105

Transparent Generation 5 Reference

HRS SXR Signature Audio Stand

Quote Originally Posted by SCAudiophile View Post
    Beautiful rooms all...thank you for posting!
    Agree ....!

All the rooms so far have been amazing but to me aesthetically this is the best room I have seen to date even though there is minimal artwork or plants. Did you have a decorator or acoustician design this room?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rscotth View Post
    Ok
    Marty

MSB Premier
    PS Audio Powerplant 15

thumbsup Re: Audiophile listening rooms

@Bobvin I followed the build (AS, WBF?) of your room and is one of my favs. Just a fantastic space and gear. You should share the link. The colors, design, acoustic treatments, wine cellar etc.. really well executed.

There are too many great rooms to keep track of and the dedicated spaces like Mike L's are of course killer, definitely my kind of space. Maybe not to the OP's taste, but I don't see too many doom and gloomy rooms? Quite the opposite. Certainly a subjective / architectural taste. Mike's space is another fantastic space as well.

It takes a shit load of planning, time and $ to execute a dedicated space properly and those that can, are extremely lucky. Most people are using a shared / mixed family space which can provide excellent results with proper execution and setup.
    Main:
    Room: Dedicated 25 x 14 x 8 treated room | Computers (headless in utility room): Wkst #1 Ubuntu running lifetime ROON server. High end wkst #2 High end wkst running HQE image | Network rack (in utility room): Managed Fiber Switch, QNAP NAS | Endpoint: Fiber to SONORE OpticalRendu w/ LPS, Sbooster USB vbus2 |DAC: Lampi Lite7, Holo Audio S3 KTE, Aqua La Scala MKII Optologic | Pre: Atma-Sphere MP-3 Mk3.3 Pre | Amps: Pass XA100.5 Mono's | Speakers: Revel Ultima Studio2 (Townshend seismic posiums) with Dual PSA X15 sealed subs | Isolation: Components on custom roller bearings + compression springs | Cables: Wireworld Platinum USB / Analysis Plus PC / Gotham 4/4 XLR / AQ spkr / Revelation audiolabs I2s | Server Streamer: Aqua LinQ using HQP modules > I2s to Aqua La Scala

Office: Win10 wkst with Spotify or ROON controller > VDAC-II > VLINK 192 > Yamaha RX integrated > Polk audio signature Monitors >12" sub

Thanks for your kind words. My dealer and I designed the room.

All the rooms so far have been amazing but to me aesthetically this is the best room I have seen to date even though there is minimal artwork or plants. Did you have a decorator or acoustician design this room?
    D'Agostino Momentum HD Pre
    D'Agostino Momentum Phono Pre
    D'Agostino Momentum M400 MxV x 3
    D'Agostino Momentum S250

dCS Vivaldi Apex DAC
    dCS Vivaldi Upsampler
    dCS Vivaldi Clock

Wilson Audio Alexia 2, Yvette, Mezzo

REL No.31 x 2
    REL Carbon Special x 2

AVID Acutus Reference SP (SME series V, Ortofon A95), Roon Nucleus+

McIntosh MX151, McIntosh MVP881, Oppo BDP105

Transparent Generation 5 Reference

HRS SXR Signature Audio Stand

Quote Originally Posted by brad225 View Post
    I chose a monochromatic room with blank walls. all of the acoustic treatment are floor to ceiling. For me, my preferance is nothing extra as a distraction away from the music.
    Nice space heaters Brad! Too bad you live in Florida... those are perfect amps for Anchorage

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFast69 View Post
    I used a family room that was never used and transformed this into my primary get away room and also to have family and friends spend some time listing to music, watching movie and also having fun! The room has dedicated 20 amp power, Furutech outlets and Control 4 on everything but my 2 Channel with Vicoustic panels in the wall making a difference.

Recently I changed the lights to LED to address the heat from the amps and people, it helped with the heat but does make things look artificial like. The room is air air-conditioned on a multi zoned system. There is extensive solid cherry crown, wanes coating and cabinets with its own mini-bar, counter and sink.

With no windows, it feels like Vegas coming out of the Casinos at dawn in my younger years.

There are two systems: reference and theater. The reference system sounds really good and detailed under my name. The foundation has been addressed, along with audio network switch. Truthfully, I don’t watch all that much and for what I have it works and have no plans upgrading the Integra, Focal, and Vienna Acoustic setup. The JL 112v2 Subwoofer is on the theater. All cabling is Nordost, Mechanical Stillpoints under the amp and center channel. HRS Nimbus under the Focal which did make a difference.

I realize while acoustically treated, there are still reflection points and plan on trying Stillpoint apertures above the couch over the Vicoustic which they drawn up for me.

Anyway, Happy Listening to All!
    Very nice setup, tastefully done. I'm sure the WAF is fairly high in your space.

I had included in my original plans to do something similar in the back of my room as you have done in the front, with the shelves, cabinets, etc. But when I got the bid I chose the back of the room would be "ala cart". Damn home improvement projects have bills of materials and punch lists that can grow exponentially. At some point you have to say no!

Quote Originally Posted by Rscotth View Post
    Ok
    That is one hell of a list of components, and I'll bet those Sonus Faber's sing with grace and ease. Really nice room as well!

Thanks Bob, funny you should say that. We were in Alaska for 3 weeks in June and at times I would have wrapped my arms around one.

The heat was an issue previously. I would need to turn the main house AC to 71 deg. Penguins would take up residence in the living room.

Last fall we finished a master bedroom addition next to my listening room and itallowed a shared AC system. I now have a separate zone and thermostat that works wonderfully.
    Synology 1019D+ - SGC Sonictransporter I9 w Roon/HQ Player- UltraRendu- PBD Stream IF to Playback Designs MPS5 via fiber optic - ARC 40th Anniversary Pre - ARC 610 T's - Martin Logan CLX's - 4 Martin Logan Depth i Subs - Shunyata Hydra, DIY PCOCC interconnects, speaker cables and power cords with Furutech terminations. Blue Jeans CAT 6's. Acoustically treated room with one permanent chair.

Although my house generally is uncluttered and rather minimal, I do have a lot of art on the walls. The listening room has a higher concentration, so it's not one of those sterile rooms the OP was talking about.

All of the work on the wall behind the equipment was done by my wife. There's no glass involved, so the art shouldn't increase reflections. Some of the pieces are fabric, so it may actually help. On the side walls I hung the long plaid weavings at the point of first reflection (yes, something wider would work better). On the sides are also a Shepard Fairey print, a screened band poster, and one of mine from years ago.

Along the right wall, I do have a collection of Ultraman villain figures. Above the toys is a painting by a friend.

Antipodes EX…Schiit Yggdrasil...Coda 07x…Peachtree GaN400...Vivid V1.5
    Intona Premium USB…Cerious Graphene Extreme XLR...Double Helix Cables Chaperone XLR...Acoustic Revive SPC-PA
    Torus RM15...Shunyata Alpha HC…Mad Scientist First...HF Reveal...XLO Ref 3

Arty and tasteful room!
    McInotsh MC75 (2) amps
    Audiophonics LPA-S400ET Class D amp
    Marchand XB44 crossover
    McIntosh C2500 pre
    Luxman 505Ux integrated to drive "B" Speakers
    EAT C Sharp with Ortofon Cadenza Blue
    TEAC SD1000/Yamaha SACD Blu Ray player
    Sonus Faber Olympica I
    dual Rythmik sealed subs
    AKG and Sennheiser phones, Feliks headphone amp
    Vintage Pioneer table and Kenwood 3 head tape deck
    Nitty Gritty RCM, and DeGritter
    McIntosh, AQ, Nordost, and Cullen Cables
    Mytek Brooklyn DAC+/Sonare Ultra Rendu, SGC I transporter 5
    Tidal and Roon

Since I spend a lot of time in my "Loft Library", and I enjoy art, I try to mix it up. Some art, music, books, etc

McIntosh C49, MC152, MR85, R778 | T+A DAC 8 DSD | KEF LS50 Meta w/S2, KC62 (x2) | Rega RP8, Ania Pro, NEO PSU | Technics SL-1500C | Audio Technica VM750ML | Hexmat Eclipse, Yellow Bird, Molekula, Molekula Mini | Pro-Ject VC-E | Falcon NW PC Server (Roon Core & HQPlayer) | Microsoft Surface Pro 6 (Roon Controller) | Wyred 4 Sound ISO Recovery, DC Recovery | Abyss Diana Phi | Schiit Jotunheim 2 | Astell&Kern SE200 | Oppo BDP105

“One of the great challenges in life is knowing enough to think you're right but not enough to know you're wrong”
    "You can't use reason to convince anyone out of an argument that they didn't use reason to get into"
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

FWIW - Although your room truly looks great, I can tell from your images that there is entirely another level of immersive musical involvement & emotional response to your music that you could be experiencing - without changing components or spending money on room treatments - or hiring a set-up guy either...

DPT4ME - Dynamics, Presence & Tone for Musical Engagement; MBP (3) - stripped down for music only; Shunyata Omega & Sigma USBs; ISO REGEN w/short Curious USB links; Berkeley Alpha USB; Aqua La Scala II Optologic DAC; Schiit Yggdrasil - fully updated; Ayre Codex dac - updated; Pass Labs INT-60 integrated amp; Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE-2 preamp, Quicksilver Mono 120 amps w/Tung-Sol KT150s; Quicksilver Mid Mono amps w/Gold Lion KT77s; Fyne Audio 703s; Symposium Svelte Plus & Ultra Platforms; REL S-812 subwoofers; Duelund DCA12GA speaker cables; AV Room Service EVPs, Stein Music Harmonizers, Duelund DCA16GA & 20GA ICs; Shunyata Denali 6000S/V2; Tripp Lite PCs; Wyred 4 Sound power cords; AudioDharma cable cooker; dedicated custom room; various GIK & ASC room treatments; etc.

www.getbettersound.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Audiophile listening rooms