Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Audioshark

Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

I heard the new Ansuz X Series cables are something else. Have any of you guys tried those?
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Welcome to Audioshark VoicesInMyHead and thanks for sharing your experience with Ansuz cables.

Out of interest what was the other brand of cables you were hoping to trial and what brand of cables were you earlier using?
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_1282001 View Post
    Welcome to Audioshark VoicesInMyHead and thanks for sharing your experience with Ansuz cables.
    Thanks! Your posts especially was invaluable to me in the early days....

Out of interest what was the other brand of cables you were hoping to trial and what brand of cables were you earlier using?
    I wanted to try the new Audience AU24 SX cables, but it was just when they were released and it took quite some time for them to arrive here in Europe. I think the Audience would have been a good price/performance cable, but I guess I also was a bit attracted by the fact that Ansuz top of the line was simply out of reach for me, and still is (I will never go D-TC), where as the Audience would be end game. I had Chord Sarum before. Nice cables, but what Ansuz did in my system was just something else...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I heard the new Ansuz X Series cables are something else. Have any of you guys tried those?
    I haven't myself, but a friend bought one second hand, so it should be burned in and all, but he didn't really like it and sold it again. Unfortunately he has not much else experience with Ansuz to make comparisons. I'm guessing though that a P cable would be a better buy, especially if found second hand. With that said the X cables still catches my interest every now and then when I see them, there's always some equipment somewhere that could deserve a better cable...

Quote Originally Posted by VoicesInMyHead View Post
    Thanks! Your posts especially was invaluable to me in the early days....

I wanted to try the new Audience AU24 SX cables, but it was just when they were released and it took quite some time for them to arrive here in Europe. I think the Audience would have been a good price/performance cable, but I guess I also was a bit attracted by the fact that Ansuz top of the line was simply out of reach for me, and still is (I will never go D-TC), where as the Audience would be end game. I had Chord Sarum before. Nice cables, but what Ansuz did in my system was just something else...
    Also a warm Welcome. Big Hint - Never listen to any of the D-TC cables. They will ruin you for sure. Believe me they blow away the Diamond cables
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

Quote Originally Posted by octadyndude View Post
    Also a warm Welcome. Big Hint - Never listen to any of the D-TC cables. They will ruin you for sure. Believe me they blow away the Diamond cables
    Thanks. I don't doubt that you are correct. I did actually listen to the D-TC on a show, together with Raidho and Aavik.... I've never heard anything like it, to me they totally killed all competition, not just the cables of course, but the whole combination. I just stayed in that room forever with a big smile and shook my head, thinking this is going to be expensive. But, I will never try them at home... I know they're great, the line is drawn and shall not be passed.

If I had the space for them I would like Raidho speakers, but they would not be able to do their magic in my home at this time, maybe/hopefully some time in the future. I would even "settle" for the XT-2 which I think is cute...

Right now I have a pair of X and P interlinks between my DAC and amp for testing. My DAC has 2 pair of outputs, both can be used simultaneously. So 1 pair is connected to my Aux input the other to CD input. So far I have not been able to tell much difference between them.

However the X is a lot less flexible. That is a drawback. The list price of the X interlink is 400euro and the P interlink is 1280euro. I think that is a hefty difference. If I were able to find a 1 meter P pair second hand for 500-600euro I might consider it. But otherwise I'll buy X interlinks.
    Pre amp: Ocatve Phono Module Power amps: Octave MRE130 Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Ikeda 9TT Streamer: Aurender A10 Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 XLR Interlink: Ansuz A2, [B]XLR Interlink: [B]Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, two Pom, Aluminium, X series Audio Rack: Rack of Silence 4 and 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordante View Post
    However the X is a lot less flexible. That is a drawback. The list price of the X interlink is 400euro and the P interlink is 1280euro. I think that is a hefty difference. If I were able to find a 1 meter P pair second hand for 500-600euro I might consider it. But otherwise I'll buy X interlinks.
    The prices ARE hefty... it's easy to forget sometimes being totally blinded by the sound... speaking of which, I actually have a Ceramic Signalz 1m RCA for sale if anyone is interested.

The prices ARE hefty... it's easy to forget sometimes being totally blinded by the sound... speaking of which, I actually have a Ceramic Signalz 1m RCA for sale if anyone is interested.
    For 600euro I'll take it of your hands.
    Pre amp: Ocatve Phono Module Power amps: Octave MRE130 Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Ikeda 9TT Streamer: Aurender A10 Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 XLR Interlink: Ansuz A2, [B]XLR Interlink: [B]Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, two Pom, Aluminium, X series Audio Rack: Rack of Silence 4 and 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordante View Post
    For 600euro I'll take it of your hands.
    hehe... if you put a 1 in front of that number you can have it.

I really recommend you having a look at Ansuz power cables also if you're not already on that track. For me they are what makes the biggest difference, but the sad news from an financial view is that the synergy effect of everything Ansuz is the absolute best. I think someone in this tread once said that adding Ansuz products is like 1+1=3 or something like that. It just play so nicely together...

Greetings and happy new year to all. Need help to decide should I buy Ansuz Mainz D8 distributor with POM power cables from wall to Mainz D8 and also for my poweramp, pre and CD player. Currently using combination of Sine mega 6 owner strip with Shunyata venom and cobra Power cords. My pre and poweramp is Passlab. Has anyone using this option please share your thoughts. Thanks.

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum maxhw, thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Welcome to Audioshark maxhw. Where are you located?
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

Welcome maxhd
    Ideally Ansuz stresses the foundation. That starts at the wall to the distribution. I would highly recommend the best power cord you can afford going from the wall to the Mainz D8. I found that to be the biggest 'bang for the buck' in sound in power cables. The ceramic is the sweet spot so even you start with the Mainz D8 and Ceramic power cord your venom and cobra will sound real good. Also for some reason the longer the cord the better. I highly recommend nothing less than 2M.
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

Welcome to Audioshark maxhw. Where are you located?
    hi kiwi, I'm from UK and based in Australia,

Welcome maxhd
    Ideally Ansuz stresses the foundation. That starts at the wall to the distribution. I would highly recommend the best power cord you can afford going from the wall to the Mainz D8. I found that to be the biggest 'bang for the buck' in sound in power cables. The ceramic is the sweet spot so even you start with the Mainz D8 and Ceramic power cord your venom and cobra will sound real good. Also for some reason the longer the cord the better. I highly recommend nothing less than 2M.
    hi George, plan is to start from something I can afford. It will be nice to have several ceramic but my bank account would not permit. As such I rather start with the best distributor with POM cords. I sold all my power cords and really want some inputs on the POM cord. I might be able to stretch one ceramic with another couple of POM cords. Hope anyone out there using this config be able to fill me.

Quote Originally Posted by maxhw View Post
    hi George, plan is to start from something I can afford. It will be nice to have several ceramic but my bank account would not permit. As such I rather start with the best distributor with POM cords. I sold all my power cords and really want some inputs on the POM cord. I might be able to stretch one ceramic with another couple of POM cords. Hope anyone out there using this config be able to fill me.
    I'm trying to do the same. 1 A or C from outlet to distribution. P for the rest and X for interlinks.

Maxhw - If you can even get 1 ceramic power cord let it be the one from the wall to the distributor. What I was trying to get at was that is where the biggest difference in SQ is. As far as the rest of the cords I doubt you would hear any major differences between the X - P - A - C - D in the other locations. Minor maybe. I just swapped out my C going from the MainzD8 to the Aavik with a D and the difference is minor (note I loaned out my C and was given a D to use). What you will not hear is a difference in tonality but what you will hear is a more open/airy sound as you move up the ladder.
    George

Maxhw - If you can even get 1 ceramic power cord let it be the one from the wall to the distributor. What I was trying to get at was that is where the biggest difference in SQ is. As far as the rest of the cords I doubt you would hear any major differences between the X - P - A - C - D in the other locations. Minor maybe. I just swapped out my C going from the MainzD8 to the Aavik with a D and the difference is minor (note I loaned out my C and was given a D to use). What you will not hear is a difference in tonality but what you will hear is a more open/airy sound as you move up the ladder.
    george, what you said about from wall to distributor sound good to me. Thinking very hard now should I get a ceramic for wall to D8 and get few POM to feed my pre, power and source.

george, what you said about from wall to distributor sound good to me. Thinking very hard now should I get a ceramic for wall to D8 and get few POM to feed my pre, power and source.
    Yes that is exactly what I'm saying. If and when the time comes you can always upgrade the POM's to the A or C.
    George

Wondering how good will it sound with the POM hook to your gears via Mainz D8 and a ceramic from wall to Mainz D8. Anyone has this config kindly share your hearing experience. I've been searching on the net forums the last few days and don't see much. Hope to hear from someone first hand.

Wondering how good will it sound with the POM hook to your gears via Mainz D8 and a ceramic from wall to Mainz D8. Anyone has this config kindly share your hearing experience. I've been searching on the net forums the last few days and don't see much. Hope to hear from someone first hand.
    This is the power configuration I started with (along with interconnects) and with which I got my first (of many) "being blown away" experience. I would really make sure to aim for that Ceramic from the wall if it's within reach, even if it means that you have to wait with the POM's to the electronics. I would say the Mainz8D + Ceramic cable is a great foundation to stand on and a quite essential upgrade, and if you can also have the POM's to the electronics as you say, even better. Crazy money for cables maybe, but power means everything for your electronics....

Maxhw, an Ansuz C power cord to a Mainz D8 distributor is a great foundation for your audio system.

Maxhw, an Ansuz C power cord to a Mainz D8 distributor is a great foundation for your audio system.
    kiwi, I've visited your virtual audio system and notice you got the Nordist QB8. Just curiosity how's the QB8 compared to the Mainz D8.

Hi Maxhw. As everyone else is saying, i find it that if you hook a ceramic cable with the Mainz D8 you would not be disapointed.
    The powerchord which connects your distribution to the wallsocket is IMO the most important cable in your entire system.

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum forum, thanks for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

kiwi, I've visited your virtual audio system and notice you got the Nordist QB8. Just curiosity how's the QB8 compared to the Mainz D8.
    Yes, I own both Nordost QBase 8 and Ansuz Mainz D8 distributors. Both are excellent distributors but then they share common designers so this should come as no surprise! I've written in my system thread that I felt that just about every facet of the audio reproduction is improved by the Mainz D8 – but most significant for me was the progress with layering, depth and overall scale of sound-stage.

Same holds true though out the cable looms again with the Ceramic being the sweet spot for the money. D-TC on the other hand is several steps up from the Diamond. At twice the price it should be. And by no means are the P or A slouches. It all starts with the 'foundation'.

That said if you start - lets say with a D-TC from the wall to the mainzD8. Adding another D-TC to the amp is an improvement but nowhere as significant as the first D-TC. Same holds true with the IC's. Start with the source and after that although another improvement it's slight compared to the initial set.
    George

Audioshark

Same holds true though out the cable looms again with the Ceramic being the sweet spot for the money. D-TC on the other hand is several steps up from the Diamond. At twice the price it should be. And by no means are the P or A slouches. It all starts with the 'foundation'.

That said if you start - lets say with a D-TC from the wall to the mainzD8. Adding another D-TC to the amp is an improvement but nowhere as significant as the first D-TC. Same holds true with the IC's. Start with the source and after that although another improvement it's slight compared to the initial set.
    The D-TC from the wall to the MainzD8 is how I will be running things. I got a ceramic PC too, and a couple of the X series.

Have you guys tried the X series? I've heard it's excellent at its price point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

The D-TC from the wall to the MainzD8 is how I will be running things. I got a ceramic PC too, and a couple of the X series.

Have you guys tried the X series? I've heard it's excellent at its price point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hi Mike Have you ever been to Denmark to hear Fritz Dalmoses Ansuz cable demos?

It's surely a fantastic experience. Even Lars says it's world class.

I use the Mainz X-Series in my own system. They're great value. The cables performs very well IMHO.
    Scansonic MB-1, Aavik U-300, Sony CD Player as transport, mixture of ansuz cables in different qualities, Ansuz Mainz X Power Distribution, Ansuz Power Distribution for DTC cables

Emil I've been to 2 of your fathers full cable demos over the years. That's where I really heard what cables sparkz and darkz can do for a system. Everything he added only improved the sound. In fact my dealer Tyler your father and I were the first to hear the prototype D-TC power cord in the USA. It was in my home with my system. I knew then the Ceramic power cord going from the wall to the mainzD8 wasn't going to stay once he put my ceramic back in and left.
    George

Emil I've been to 2 of your fathers full cable demos over the years. That's where I really heard what cables sparkz and darkz can do for a system. Everything he added only improved the sound. In fact my dealer Tyler your father and I were the first to hear the prototype D-TC power cord in the USA. It was in my home with my system. I knew then the Ceramic power cord going from the wall to the mainzD8 wasn't going to stay once he put my ceramic back in and left.
    Hi George ! That sounds great! Hehe. The DTC Mainz are a wonderful power cord for sure It really just add magic to your system. The very black background, and the huge soundstage is fantastic!
    Scansonic MB-1, Aavik U-300, Sony CD Player as transport, mixture of ansuz cables in different qualities, Ansuz Mainz X Power Distribution, Ansuz Power Distribution for DTC cables

Quote Originally Posted by EmiLiuZ View Post
    Hi George ! That sounds great! Hehe. The DTC Mainz are a wonderful power cord for sure It really just add magic to your system. The very black background, and the huge soundstage is fantastic!
    I'm currently demoing a D-TC digital cable and the blackness is unbelievable compared to a standard Diamond. I'm hearing detail I never heard before with recordings I'm very familiar with.
    George

I'm currently demoing a D-TC digital cable and the blackness is unbelievable compared to a standard Diamond. I'm hearing detail I never heard before with recordings I'm very familiar with.
    That's exactly the magic i'm referring to ! It's funny how you explore plenty of new details and at the same time, it feels like there is so much more open air. The hard part is though, that it's really hard to go back to your former cables.

This forum is dangerous. I said only weeks ago I would NEVER go down the D-TC path. I've always thought that eventually if/when I'm going to upgrade anything I would go from my 1 Diamond (into Mainz 8D) + 2 Ceramic power cables to 3 Diamonds, but maybe going 1 D-TC + 2 Ceramic would actually be a better way forward? Would you agree?

This forum is dangerous. I said only weeks ago I would NEVER go down the D-TC path. I've always thought that eventually if/when I'm going to upgrade anything I would go from my 1 Diamond (into Mainz 8D) + 2 Ceramic power cables to 3 Diamonds, but maybe going 1 D-TC + 2 Ceramic would actually be a better way forward? Would you agree?
    Don't take this as granted, my guess 1DTC + 2 ceramic should be better.
    Jesse

Thales Slim II ( EMT 75G) , Audio Technica ART-9
    Lumin X1 - Melco N1A/2
    Accuphase 2420, A48, C37
    Tannoy Kenn. GR

Cables: Ansuz Mainz (Dtc,diamond) PC - Shunyata Alpha Digital PC - Western Electric IC - Western Electric 1960 SC - Audioquest Vodka Ethernet
    Power Cond: Sound Application SA-240TZ

Yes that would sound better than 3 Diamonds. That's how good D-TC is IMO.
    George

Hi Voice. Assuming that you already have the Mainz 8 D, i would also say that the Mainz DTC cable is the way to go. The step from C to D is not close to the difference of D to DTC. Atleast that is my personal experience while have been to endless amounts of ansuz cable demoes. I'm sure that it will put a great smile on your face

Hi Voice. Assuming that you already have the Mainz 8 D, i would also say that the Mainz DTC cable is the way to go. The step from C to D is not close to the difference of D to DTC. Atleast that is my personal experience while have been to endless amounts of ansuz cable demoes. I'm sure that it will put a great smile on your face
    Thanks all for your opinions here... I think it does make sense, just that I thought that I should never even consider the D-TC, but....ONE power cable probably doesn't hurt...

Thanks all for your opinions here... I think it does make sense, just that I thought that I should never even consider the D-TC, but....ONE power cable probably doesn't hurt...
    If you added more D-TC cables they will have a difference but no where the impact as that first one.
    George

Guys, thanks for feedback and recommendations.

Guys, thanks for feedback and recommendations. Received my new Mainz D8 with 1 ceramic and few POMs PC. Plugged them into my system and all I can say right now is "WOW" with no regrets. Got to run in for at least 200-300 hours before I hear the optimum performance. At the moment it's sounding very positive.

Guys, thanks for feedback and recommendations. Received my new Mainz D8 with 1 ceramic and few POMs PC. Plugged them into my system and all I can say right now is "WOW" with no regrets. Got to run in for at least 200-300 hours before I hear the optimum performance. At the moment it's sounding very positive.
    Hi Max. I'm glad that it has been a positive experience for you. !

Seems to be general agreement that an upgrade from C to D-TC for the Mainz 8 will produce a noticeable improvement. I have two questions. My power is already run through a dedicated sub-panel, noise filter, and transformer to provide clean power via dedicated 20 amp circuits. I have done other tests with power cables like the Shunyata Sigma and got no improvement over my WireWord Platinums. Will the D-TC still improve the sound even when the supply power is well controlled and fairly clean?

I have a Mainz 8 + C to the outlet. All of my digital gear and my TT power supply run off the Mainz. But my amps run straight to dedicated wall outlets. Can I expect to get similar improvement if I switch out the WireWorld Platinum for D-TC on my amps?

Quote Originally Posted by ksalno View Post
    I have a Mainz 8 + C to the outlet. All of my digital gear and my TT power supply run off the Mainz. But my amps run straight to dedicated wall outlets. Can I expect to get similar improvement if I switch out the WireWorld Platinum for D-TC on my amps?
    I will be careful to not recommend anything I haven't tried myself here, but I wouldn't be surprised if the D-TC would do wonders wherever it's being used. Another thing to take into consideration could be the wonderful synergy Ansuz cables and products seem to have with each other. The more the merrier...

Maybe your power is already exceptionally good, but what I would suggest you to try, if you haven't already, is to plug your amps into the Mainz 8D as well! I wouldn't be surprised if that gave you an improvement without any reduction in dynamic. I guess you wanted to separate the TT and other noisy things from the amps though, but could still be well worth a try...

Quote Originally Posted by ksalno View Post
    Seems to be general agreement that an upgrade from C to D-TC for the Mainz 8 will produce a noticeable improvement. I have two questions. My power is already run through a dedicated sub-panel, noise filter, and transformer to provide clean power via dedicated 20 amp circuits. I have done other tests with power cables like the Shunyata Sigma and got no improvement over my WireWord Platinums. Will the D-TC still improve the sound even when the supply power is well controlled and fairly clean?

HI Ksalno. I would say it this way. By having a dedicated sub-panel, noise filter and transformer you've build a strong foundament. By adding better power cords you're simply reinforcing that ! I would not be surprised either, if you would have great success with the DT-C cable. I would recommend you to try to add your amplifiers and other seperates to the Mainz 8 as well, by having a power cord connecting the dedicated wall socket to the mainz 8, and then all your other power cords from seperates, and into your mainz 8.

Thanks. I just ordered 3 D-TCs. My mono blocks are located too far to make it economically feasible to run them to the Mainz8. I'd might be able to get away with 3m for 1 but the other will surely need 5-6m. I do have dedicated and isolated 20A circuits for each amp and Sparkz's in the other outlet on each circuit. I am using D's now on these amps. They replaced WireWorld platinums and I was able to A:B before buying. Despite my skepticism that they would improve the sound quality, they did and not by a small margin. It was very noticeable to me and two others who were listening when I swapped out the cords. if the D-TC takes it up by the same amount, it will be well worth it.

The DTC's will at the least surprise you but mostly likely shock (not literally) you when you hear them. The interconnects will also have the same impact if and when your budget allows.

Be sure to post back after you get them
    George

The DTC's will at the least surprise you but mostly likely shock (not literally) you when you hear them. The interconnects will also have the same impact if and when your budget allows.

Be sure to post back after you get them
    If you go for DTC interconnects as well, make sure that you'll get the DTC powerbox to power them. Not only are the DTC powerbox essential for the signal cables, but it also have a very positive influence on your system.

It would be great to see some pictures!

If you go for DTC interconnects as well, make sure that you'll get the DTC powerbox to power them. Not only are the DTC powerbox essential for the signal cables, but it also have a very positive influence on your system.
    You make it sound like the powerbox is optional, I thought it was required for the interconnects? Can you clarify?

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Ansuz Cables & Accessories