More changes at Raidho - Rune Skov departs
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    774
    Post Thanks / Like

    More changes at Raidho - Rune Skov departs

    More changes at Raidho.


    According to company reports; Rune Skov who was in charge of Raidho’s worldwide sales has recently resigned. Rune Skov had been appointed to replace Lars Kristensen who left Raidho Acoustics a little over one year ago to continue working with Michael Børresen to create some world class Danish HiFi brands the latest of which is Borresen Acoustics. http://www.audioshark.org/speakers-1...ers-14873.html


    Meanwhile, Peter Jensen, CEO of Dantax A/S who owns the Raidho brand, has issued a negative outlook for the company forecasting sharply reduced operating profits for the year ahead. The company’s share price has taken a tumble and analyst outlook is bearish.


    To what extent the departure of Raidho’s talented Chief Engineer, Michael Børresen, is impacting the company and their result is difficult to judge. Certainly products released after his departure, most notably the Raidho TD-4.8 loudspeakers with their heavier Tantalum-Diamond (TD) cone woofers don’t seem to be capturing the imagination or buzz of consumers.

  2. #2
    Audioshark
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    22,885
    Post Thanks / Like

    More changes at Raidho - Rune Skov departs

    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_1282001 View Post
    More changes at Raidho.


    According to company reports; Rune Skov who was in charge of Raidho’s worldwide sales has recently resigned. Rune Skov had been appointed to replace Lars Kristensen who left Raidho Acoustics a little over one year ago to continue working with Michael Børresen to create some world class Danish HiFi brands the latest of which is Borresen Acoustics. http://www.audioshark.org/speakers-1...ers-14873.html


    Meanwhile, Peter Jensen, CEO of Dantax A/S who owns the Raidho brand, has issued a negative outlook for the company forecasting sharply reduced operating profits for the year ahead. The company’s share price has taken a tumble and analyst outlook is bearish.


    To what extent the departure of Raidho’s talented Chief Engineer, Michael Børresen, is impacting the company and their result is difficult to judge. Certainly products released after his departure, most notably the Raidho TD-4.8 loudspeakers with their heavier Tantalum-Diamond (TD) cone woofers don’t seem to be capturing the imagination or buzz of consumers.
    That’s a shame, but was predictable. I gave them over an hour of consulting advice last summer, with a roadmap and a plan. They chose to ignore all of it and as I predicted, are suffering the consequences.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

    "We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

    Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bryston, Chord, ClearAudio Turntables & Accessories, Constellation Audio, Esoteric, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Furutech, Gryphon Audio, Hegel, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, KEF Loudspeakers, Kimber Kable, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, KR Audio Tube & Amps, Kronos, Lampizator, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MicroMega, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, Siltech, Solid Tech Racks, Sony, SRA, Stein Music, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, Tannoy Loudspeakers, Transfiguration Cartridges, Trenner & Friedl, Triode Corporation of Japan, VAC, Verity Audio Speakers, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

    https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,520
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More changes at Raidho - Rune Skov departs

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    That’s a shame, but was predictable. I gave them over an hour of consulting advice last summer, with a roadmap and a plan. They chose to ignore all of it and as I predicted, are suffering the consequences.
    Mike,

    I bet the first two items you discussed were pricing and dealers.

    Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with
    Two Mono Powerbases, Femto 33 Clock,
    Renderer V2 and Roon Nucleus Plus
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2

  4. #4
    Audioshark
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    22,885
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More changes at Raidho - Rune Skov departs

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpinist View Post
    Mike,

    I bet the first two items you discussed were pricing and dealers.

    Ken
    Pricing and proper distribution, among other topics. I even provided proper pricing for each model in my document to them. What’s funny, if they had taken my advise on all these issues, the end result would be very different today.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

    "We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

    Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bryston, Chord, ClearAudio Turntables & Accessories, Constellation Audio, Esoteric, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Furutech, Gryphon Audio, Hegel, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, KEF Loudspeakers, Kimber Kable, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, KR Audio Tube & Amps, Kronos, Lampizator, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MicroMega, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, Siltech, Solid Tech Racks, Sony, SRA, Stein Music, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, Tannoy Loudspeakers, Transfiguration Cartridges, Trenner & Friedl, Triode Corporation of Japan, VAC, Verity Audio Speakers, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

    https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

  5. Likes Alpinist liked this post
  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,520
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More changes at Raidho - Rune Skov departs

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Pricing and proper distribution, among other topics. I even provided proper pricing for each model in my document to them. What’s funny, if they had taken my advise on all these issues, the end result would be very different today.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It would certainly help Raidho if their MSRP was materially lower than the equivalent Borresen model. Hard to compete with Borresen’s latest technology at a similar price point.

    Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with
    Two Mono Powerbases, Femto 33 Clock,
    Renderer V2 and Roon Nucleus Plus
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    472
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More changes at Raidho - Rune Skov departs

    Don't know if they changed from their ridiculously high dealer margins.

    Guess they thought that would help with distribution, but it didn't turn out that way.

    Quite the opposite in fact.
    MBP (3), stripped down for music only; Curious USB; Lush USB; PS Audio LanRover; ISO REGEN w/short Curious USB links; Berkeley Alpha USB; 2 Audioquest Diamond ethernet - 1 3M 1 - 5M; Audioquest Diamond AES; Schiit Yggdrasil - updated; Ayre QB-9 DSD; Ayre Codex; ASR Emitter II Exclusive; all electronics on Grand Prix Audio stands; mass-loaded Tannoy Canterburys on custom stands; Outboard Duelund xover bypassing internal Tannoy xover & Tannoy EQ; bi-wired with Duelund DCA16GA speaker cables; mass-loaded REL 212 SEs; Duelund DCA20GA ICs; Stealth Dream PCs; dedicated custom room; various room treatments; etc.

    www.getbettersound.com

  8. #7
    Audioshark
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    22,885
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More changes at Raidho - Rune Skov departs

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Smith View Post
    Don't know if they changed from their ridiculously high dealer margins.

    Guess they thought that would help with distribution, but it didn't turn out that way.

    Quite the opposite in fact.
    That was one of my suggestions (to my own detriment), but it was best for the brand. Completely ignored.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

    "We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

    Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bryston, Chord, ClearAudio Turntables & Accessories, Constellation Audio, Esoteric, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Furutech, Gryphon Audio, Hegel, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, KEF Loudspeakers, Kimber Kable, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, KR Audio Tube & Amps, Kronos, Lampizator, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MicroMega, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, Siltech, Solid Tech Racks, Sony, SRA, Stein Music, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, Tannoy Loudspeakers, Transfiguration Cartridges, Trenner & Friedl, Triode Corporation of Japan, VAC, Verity Audio Speakers, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

    https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Oregon Coast / N. Texas
    Posts
    3,187
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More changes at Raidho - Rune Skov departs

    That's a Lars thing. Everywhere is goes has very high margins. He is very convincing that his way is the best way, especially to the higher ups making the money.
    Jock

    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

    ---------

    House: Lumin U1, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Gryphon Diablo 300 w DAC, Raidho D5, 2 Magico QSub15s, Shunyata Sigma IC/SC/PCs, Denali/Typhon.

    Workshop: Lumin U1/BorderPatrol custom DAC, Border Patrol Pre and Power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, Magico Q15 subs, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Triton V3/Sigma PCs.


  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    806
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More changes at Raidho - Rune Skov departs

    It never ends well when you disrespect the customers’ hard earned money. The end is near, at least it feels that way.

  11. Likes Mike liked this post
  12. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Coral Gables Florida
    Posts
    269
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More changes at Raidho - Rune Skov departs

    You sure this info is accurate? On facebook Rune is still listed as Raidho's sales manager and is currently in Vietnam hosting an event for Raidho.
    Audio Dealer in Coral Gables Florida for Mcintosh/Audio Research/Sonus Faber/Wilson Audio/D'Agostino/Nagra/dCS/VPI industries/Soulution/ClearAudio/The Gryphon/Nordost/Shunyata Research/Kubala Sosna/Bryston/SimAudio/Elac/VAC/HRS/Artesania Audio/NAD/PSB/Lyra/Koetsu/Aurender/.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast