D-5's Down on the Bayou - Page 4
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 66
  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    273
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: D-5's Down on the Bayou

    Welcome Allen! I look forward to your announcement of what vinyl rig you will add to that system. Your Raidho brides need a groom.
    Magico S3 Mk II (M-Coat Titanium)
    AMG V12 ("Teatro" cartridge)
    Lampizator Atlantic Plus
    Blue Circle Custom Dual-Mono Preamp (Dual Shalcos, GZpz supply, KQ circuit)
    Auorasound VIDA (phono-stage)
    PS Audio BHK Signature 300 monoblocks
    Aurender N100h 4TB
    Nordost Frey 2
    HRS, Rix Rax

  2. #32
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Cajun Country, Louisiana
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: D-5's Down on the Bayou

    Le Roy - Many thanks for the kind advice and for relating your experience. My dealer in Miami thought we might get you over to Louisiana for a weekend of listening sometime... We'll see if we can line up enough iron to make it worth while at some point. My new audiophile favorite statement of all time:

    "Then when you think you've spent too much on electronics you can really take leave of your senses with cabling."

    Now they say my Transparent Opus is no good, and I need Nordost Odin2 or Ansuz Diamond to really take it to the next level... And since I last purchased cables they invented this new word "Loom" to make sure that you replace everything with the best. I am enjoying this!

  3. #33
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Cajun Country, Louisiana
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: D-5's Down on the Bayou

    Quote Originally Posted by BayStBroker View Post
    Welcome Allen! I look forward to your announcement of what vinyl rig you will add to that system. Your Raidho brides need a groom.
    Sorry--I'm strictly digital. I realize that makes me a fair-weather fan... but I do admire your dedication. I just could't afford that Beatles collection first pressing.

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    724
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: D-5's Down on the Bayou

    Quote Originally Posted by Allenkrewe@mac.com View Post

    [...] "Then when you think you've spent too much on electronics you can really take leave of your senses with cabling."

    Really funny.


    Quote Originally Posted by Allenkrewe@mac.com View Post

    [...] Now they say my Transparent Opus is no good, and I need Nordost Odin2 or Ansuz Diamond to really take it to the next level... And since I last purchased cables they invented this new word "Loom" to make sure that you replace everything with the best. I am enjoying this!
    "They" are probably right ...

  5. Likes bzr liked this post
  6. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Austin, TX & Suburban Chicago
    Posts
    754
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: D-5's Down on the Bayou

    Quote Originally Posted by Allenkrewe@mac.com View Post
    Le Roy - Many thanks for the kind advice and for relating your experience. My dealer in Miami thought we might get you over to Louisiana for a weekend of listening sometime... We'll see if we can line up enough iron to make it worth while at some point. My new audiophile favorite statement of all time:

    "Then when you think you've spent too much on electronics you can really take leave of your senses with cabling."

    Now they say my Transparent Opus is no good, and I need Nordost Odin2 or Ansuz Diamond to really take it to the next level... And since I last purchased cables they invented this new word "Loom" to make sure that you replace everything with the best. I am enjoying this!
    Allen, I would love to visit your beautiful listening room / theater. It is gorgeous.

    You are only one state away from me. I'd love to visit. I will PM you.
    Le Roy

    Austin, Tx : Soulution 520 preamp, 501 mono blocks, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D3.1, Lumin U1, Lampi Big 7 SE, Uptone Audio Modded Mac Mini w/ MMK fanless kit & JS-2 LPS, Regen, Ansuz Diamond Loom, Oppo 105D, QNAP TS-451+

    Chicagoland : Soulution 725 preamp, 711 stereo amp, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D5.1, Naim UnitiServe 2TB, Ansuz d-tc Loom (complete), Teac X1000 R2R, QNAP TS-451+

    Foundation:
    Raidho Rack system, Ansuz (3) Mainz D8 Distribution, 20 amp dedicated outlets via subpanel

  7. #36
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    13,920
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: D-5's Down on the Bayou

    Quote Originally Posted by maslak34 View Post
    On my latest talk with Michael Borresen he said one of the best amps he heard with D-5 was Ypsilon Set 100 ultimates in Mexico.
    Welcome to the forum maslak34, thank you for joining.
    Joe

    McIntosh MCLK12, Luxman C900u, Job INTegrated, Accuphase A-36, PS Audio BHK preamp, Cary 300B SE, JBL 4367, Falcon LS3/5a, Sonus Faber Stradivari, Revel Ultima Studio 2, JBL 4312D, Klipsch Palladium P17-b, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, KEF LS50, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber RCA and XLR cable, VPI Classic 3, VPI SDS, Lyra Kleos, Burmester 948, Metric Halo LIO-8, PS Audio DirectStream DAC with Bridge II, Linear Tube Audio MZ2 - MicroZOTL2.0 Preamplifier.

  8. #37
    Audioshark
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    21,060
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: D-5's Down on the Bayou

    Quote Originally Posted by maslak34 View Post
    On my latest talk with Michael Borresen he said one of the best amps he heard with D-5 was Ypsilon Set 100 ultimates in Mexico.
    Hi maslak34!
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

    "We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

    Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, Ansuz Cables, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bryston, Chord, ClearAudio Turntables & Accessories, Esoteric, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Furutech, Gryphon Audio, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, KEF Loudspeakers, Kimber Kable, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, KR Audio Tube & Amps, Kronos, Lampizator, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MicroMega, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, REL Acoustics, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, Siltech, Solid Tech Racks, SRA, Stein Music, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, Tannoy Loudspeakers, Transfiguration Cartridges, Trenner & Friedl, Triode Corporation of Japan, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

    https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

  9. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Burb of Chi-town
    Posts
    589
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: D-5's Down on the Bayou

    Quote Originally Posted by allenkrewe View Post
    Really appreciate the amp suggestions and the great advice. This is getting interesting. Every day as the speakers are breaking in, it seems the priorities change as to what components should be replaced first. We have the Burmester monos and preamp/power supply arriving this week for a listen, and my audiophile compatriot down the street has the big Soluution monos arriving next week. I may be able to borrow them for a trial since his Magico's are at the factory being upgraded. Trying to also arrange for Lars to come down to the bayou with his Ansuz loom. Funny thing is that after listening this morning, I can't imagine the sound getting any better; yet I know things are just getting started. The D-5's replaced Alexandria X-2's, but the difference after only 3+ days has been more akin to changing the entire room rather than just 2 speakers. There is literally a wall is sound emanating from the stage. And other than a small hump somewhere in the mid-bass, the presentation is spectacular. Thanks again for the sage advice. I'm going to try and take my time to get this right, but going slow is not my strong suit...

    Cheers-


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Like Le Roy had mentioned take your time with the electronics. The D5's should be fully broken in before making a decision. Last night Lars mentioned the Aavik pre/power amp (class AB) is coming along just fine and adds layers of resolution compared to the U300. Just like the Diamond TC pc. Keep in touch with Lars - he said he is coming back in January.
    George

    Aavik U300 - Raidho D2.1's in Walnut burl with black trim - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz D-TC with 1 Ansuz D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack - Rel B3.

  10. Thanks Allenkrewe@mac.com thanked for this post
    Likes Mike liked this post
  11. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Burb of Chi-town
    Posts
    589
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: D-5's Down on the Bayou

    Also hold off on deciding cables too. I think you will be very impressed with the Mainz d8 (or 2) and Diamond Tc cables. They are not cheap but oh what a difference.
    George

    Aavik U300 - Raidho D2.1's in Walnut burl with black trim - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz D-TC with 1 Ansuz D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack - Rel B3.

  12. #40
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Cajun Country, Louisiana
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: D-5's Down on the Bayou

    Quote Originally Posted by octadyndude View Post
    Like Le Roy had mentioned take your time with the electronics. The D5's should be fully broken in before making a decision. Last night Lars mentioned the Aavik pre/power amp (class AB) is coming along just fine and adds layers of resolution compared to the U300. Just like the Diamond TC pc. Keep in touch with Lars - he said he is coming back in January.
    I heard the U300 at CEDIA and was very impressed. Sounded better (at the show on the X-T3?) than the Devialet 200 that I have at home on my D-1's. Can't wait to hear the new Aavik piece at CES, and the Diamond TC pc. Thanks George

 

 
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast